Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1329412 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #300 on: March 26, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
So glad we got the win, as we definitely deserved that result.  Good to see Kamara get one after getting clowned on the penalty.
I swear Kei goes left lower corner every rough ridin' penalty kick.  :curse:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 26, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
Guys, I am concerned that we will have troubs once we play an opponent that won't lose a player due to red card or injury during the game.  :ohno:
And FC Dallas was without Brek Shea, easily one of the best players in the league. We were without Teal, but he is much more replaceable with Sapong, Convey, and Kamara.

But anyway, we really are that good. It's going to be a great season unless we lose a huge player like Aurelien Collin or White Puma to injury long-term.

We seem insanely deep at that position. 

Offline MeatGeek

• Fan
  • I can make a mean bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2012, 01:42:41 AM »
Guys, I am concerned that we will have troubs once we play an opponent that won't lose a player due to red card or injury during the game.  :ohno:
And FC Dallas was without Brek Shea, easily one of the best players in the league. We were without Teal, but he is much more replaceable with Sapong, Convey, and Kamara.

But anyway, we really are that good. It's going to be a great season unless we lose a huge player like Aurelien Collin or White Puma to injury long-term.

I'd like to see Dom Dwyer get some time up there at some point.
Bobby Hill: What's a meat examination team?
Hank Hill: It's like a debate team, only instead of doing something useless you get to grade the cut and quality of meat!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 27, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »

I'd like to see Dom Dwyer get some time up there at some point.

he will get lots of time when the US Cup matches start up

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 01, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »
at Chivas USA today: 8pm Central. I will be at Johnny Kaws hope to see any other Manhattan Sporting supporters there too!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2012, 04:28:36 PM »
Will be fistpumping at home on my luxurious leather couch with an imported beer in the non fist pumping hand.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »
Zusi was bossing the midfield per usual

Offline MeatGeek

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »
We're kinda good, no? :dunno:
Hank Hill: It's like a debate team, only instead of doing something useless you get to grade the cut and quality of meat!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 03, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »
It's tough to tell how good we are yet, to be honest with you. I am cautiously optimistic. I want to see how our midfield handles a team like Houston.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 03, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »
We really are that good.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 03, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »
zusi is pretty amazing

looks like his time with the USMNT helped even more

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 03, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »
Soony Saad(SP)

Whats up with this guy?  I haven't followed MLS for very long, but is it common for someone so well talked of to not see any time?  I know our forwards are pretty fantastic, but is this the only issue?

I mean, last year they were saying how Sporting basically won the draft power ball equiv when getting him. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 03, 2012, 04:58:33 PM »
Soony Saad(SP)

Whats up with this guy?  I haven't followed MLS for very long, but is it common for someone so well talked of to not see any time?  I know our forwards are pretty fantastic, but is this the only issue?

I mean, last year they were saying how Sporting basically won the draft power ball equiv when getting him.

He is very young. Left University of Michigan after his freshman season last year. He will get more and more time as the season goes on I expect. Especially if one of our forwards gets injured. I think Dom Dwyer will start to get time along with him too (probably before Soony). But they haven't yet because there's no reason to change the lineup around with how well we have been doing.

I don't exactly know why Soony hasn't played much but I'm sure that has a little to do with it. Someone else probably has more info than me.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 03, 2012, 06:16:18 PM »
It sometimes takes a while for young prospects to see the field in soccer. Unless you are an elite prospect like Agudelo or Altidore. He might have the talent to skip past 3 defenders and take a good shot, but the next time he does that defender number 1 is going to take him out. He needs to be ready for rough play so he doesn't get injuries that derail his career. He'll get eased into games later in the year. I would defnintely expect him in US Open cup games, and once the season is farther along to at least make the bench against some of the weaker teams in the MLS.

But yes, the abundance of talent at forward is also a reason.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 03, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »
like i said earlier, having guys like Dom and Soony are going to come in handy when we are gunning for the US Cup. Also Kamara will be in and out going back and forth to Africa to play for his national team, and there are long shots at Teal and CJ getting calls for the USMNT. Both of those guys will get time soon. I am most worried about our back line if someone gets hurt. I don't know much about any of the younger guys back there.

Offline MeatGeek

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2012, 03:55:29 PM »
 :bwpopcorn:Kamara header... :love:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 07, 2012, 04:03:05 PM »
went to this soccer game for these guys last year.  awful stadium.  whoever built it is a dumbass. terrible experience. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 07, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »
went to this soccer game for these guys last year.  awful stadium.  whoever built it is a dumbass. terrible experience.

lol wut

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2012, 12:28:49 AM »
I watched today and hopefully will continue to watch. Are the games streamed online anywhere?

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 08, 2012, 01:47:06 AM »
I watched today and hopefully will continue to watch. Are the games streamed online anywhere?

If you are close to KC you can watch KSMO-TV.  If not, you can subscribe for MLS Live which is $60/yr.  I think you can buy it straight through Cox for around $100?  Generally you can find a stream if you look hard enough.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2012, 10:11:54 AM »

If you are close to KC you can watch KSMO-TV.  If not, you can subscribe for MLS Live which is $60/yr.  I think you can buy it straight through Cox for around $100?  Generally you can find a stream if you look hard enough.

firstrowsports.eu is what i use to watch European games but i am pretty sure they have streams of soccer from around the country. Also if you are in Manhattan Johnny Kaws shows most of the games

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »
Fantastic match. Loved watching Keane whine. Haters, tears, etc.

Also: ESPN Game of wek.  Big time.  They couldn't say enough about how awesome we are.  Feels good

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »
Fantastic match. Loved watching Keane whine. Haters, tears, etc.

Also: ESPN Game of wek.  Big time.  They couldn't say enough about how awesome we are.  Feels good

Not a huge soccer fan (still enjoy it but it's probably #5 on my list) but was flipping back and forth with the Royals game and it seemed like every other time I flipped over Keane was whining about something. Was hoping someone would run out a punch him in the face.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2012, 05:18:08 PM »
Loved it. Only thing I didn't like was the draft specials were shut down post-game. Wtf? Think I saw a fatty goEMAW sweatshirt walking to the bar...

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2012, 09:17:24 PM »

firstrowsports.eu is what i use to watch European games but i am pretty sure they have streams of soccer from around the country. Also if you are in Manhattan Johnny Kaws shows most of the games

Wichita. But  :thumbs: :thumbs: for the info. I'll have to check MSL live and firstrowsports.eu