Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331550 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2011, 06:02:41 PM »
Mike Wilbon picked SKC to win it all!!!
 :crossfingers:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2011, 08:59:57 AM »
Mike Wilbon picked SKC to win it all!!!
 :crossfingers:

:surprised:

link?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2011, 10:01:52 AM »

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »
mumped up how the #1 seed starts out on the road. Seems like a good time for the home team to take control of the series.

No, in 2 legged knock out it's more of an advantage to play the 2nd leg at home. It's based off the aggregate score, and goals scored in the away game count as the tiebreaker. So if we lose 3-2 away and but win 2-1 at home we would advance 4-4 having scored 2 away goals to their 1. Not sure if this is the case in MLS playoffs. Plus in the second leg you know what score you need to advance if you lose the first leg, and you have the home crowd behind you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:05:26 AM by AbeFroman »

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2011, 11:01:30 AM »
mumped up how the #1 seed starts out on the road. Seems like a good time for the home team to take control of the series.

No, in 2 legged knock out it's more of an advantage to play the 2nd leg at home. It's based off the aggregate score, and goals scored in the away game count as the tiebreaker. So if we lose 3-2 away and but win 2-1 at home we would advance 4-4 having scored 2 away goals to their 1. Not sure if this is the case in MLS playoffs. Plus in the second leg you know what score you need to advance if you lose the first leg, and you have the home crowd behind you.

Yes. Agree.

But what IS mumped up is that NYRB can technically win a conference that they are not even a member of.  :surprised:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2011, 11:04:08 AM »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »
Colorado  :chainsaw:

GTFO of our conference.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 31, 2011, 01:06:59 PM »
Teal is an incredibly beautiful human being  :users:

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 31, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »
Gotta love the Colorado coach spitting venom after the game calling our team dirty and saying we basically caused a collegiate atmosphere on the pitch, not worthy of professional futbol.

Someone's a little butthurt his team sucks right now
[

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2011, 01:43:09 PM »
Gotta love the Colorado coach spitting venom after the game calling our team dirty and saying we basically caused a collegiate atmosphere on the pitch, not worthy of professional futbol.

So I guess our dirty tactics are the reason his player's hamstrings were snapping like rubber bands.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »

Will be fun to see what he says after the game in KC.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 31, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
I'm all  :excited: for Sporting KC right now.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »
Can't wait for the game tomorrow. Will be a great atmosphere.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »

FRANK!  :facepalm:

SELF!  :love:

HAITH!   :barf:

TECH N9NE!  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

CASSELL!  :cheers:

CROW!  :D

ARMSTRONG!  :emawkid:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »

FRANK!  :facepalm:

SELF!  :love:

HAITH!   :barf:

TECH N9NE!  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

CASSELL!  :cheers:

CROW!  :D

ARMSTRONG!  :emawkid:

self looks very fat face in that. too much salty iguana for burrito bill?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »

Actually it's different for the MLS Playoffs than basically any other cup I've ever heard of. Away goals don't weigh any more than home goals. It's all about total goals. I think the tiebreaker is just a third game played.

Offline LHarKSUCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2011, 11:39:22 AM »

Actually it's different for the MLS Playoffs than basically any other cup I've ever heard of. Away goals don't weigh any more than home goals. It's all about total goals. I think the tiebreaker is just a third game played.

If total goals are tied at the end of regulation in the 2nd game, 2-15 minute periods will be played, if still tied it goes into a shootout...

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »

jfc people, where do you come up with this stuff?  :facepalm:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/competition-rules-and-regulations

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2011, 03:18:32 PM »

Announcers on Fox Soccer Channel. Go eff yourself btw.  :D
EDIT: Also, the link you posted has this included dumbass:
The four Conference Semifinals will be decided by two-game aggregate series, with the lower seed hosting the first leg and the higher seed hosting the second leg. If the aggregate score is tied after 180 minutes of play, two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety, followed by penalty kicks, if necessary. The two Conference Championships will be single games hosted by the higher seed. MLS Cup will again be a single championship match hosted at a predetermined site to be announced at a later date.
In other words, LHarKSUCat was right.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:22:59 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2011, 03:23:26 PM »

It makes more sense than making road goals worth more than home goals for the tie-breaker.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »

It makes more sense than making road goals worth more than home goals for the tie-breaker.
Yeah but that's how they do it in Europe and everywhere else actually. Away goals are almost always worth more.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2011, 04:12:21 PM »

The four Conference Semifinals will be decided by two-game aggregate series, with the lower seed hosting the first leg and the higher seed hosting the second leg. If the aggregate score is tied after 180 minutes of play, two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety, followed by penalty kicks, if necessary. The two Conference Championships will be single games hosted by the higher seed. MLS Cup will again be a single championship match hosted at a predetermined site to be announced at a later date.

I was agreeing with LHarKSUCat. I was facepalming you tards that brought up the weighted away goal, which does not exist in MLS playoffs, and especially the mystery 3rd game tiebreaker, which you completely made up.  Notice the text that I quoted. :facepalm: i mean, jfc dude. You are calling me a dumbass because the link I provided is correct?  :confused:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2011, 05:35:48 PM »

I was agreeing with LHarKSUCat. I was facepalming you tards that brought up the weighted away goal, which does not exist in MLS playoffs, and especially the mystery 3rd game tiebreaker, which you completely made up.  Notice the text that I quoted. :facepalm: i mean, jfc dude. You are calling me a dumbass because the link I provided is correct?  :confused:
Me and Abe Froman follow European soccer, so that's why we thought the away goal rule existed. Sorry for not being an expert on rough ridin' MLS playoffs rules. :jerk: And I thought I heard the Fox Soccer announcers say something about a third game tiebreaker, but they clearly just said two fifteen minute extra time periods. You do realize that MLS is a terribly run organization. There shouldn't even be an Eastern and Western Conference. It should just be a table of eighteen.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2011, 08:53:12 PM »
wow i had no idea they did total goals (and not away goals as tiebreaker) in the playoffs - i've never noticed that anywhere.  do any other leagues do it this way?