Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1332124 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )
« Reply #16800 on: April 09, 2022, 02:29:24 PM »
I rough ridin' hate them. This season can't be over quickly enough. Fire Rangnick into the sun. How many more goals will Maguire be directly responsible for? Bruno might be the most overrated athlete in world sport.
Bruno created the best chance. He is not the problem.

He didn't create the best chance he created A chance, A single solitary chance. In his last 5 matches he's played he has 5 shots on target and a whole 3 big chances created. Man U has won a single match in almost two months, it was the one match he didn't play. He's a 10 making  $16 million a year with more yellow cards than assists. I'm sure as a fan of mid table football you'd find those numbers fine, I sure as eff don't.
To be fair it appears you are also a fan of mid tier football

:Flipped off x2:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16801 on: April 09, 2022, 05:17:29 PM »
I rough ridin' hate them. This season can't be over quickly enough. Fire Rangnick into the sun. How many more goals will Maguire be directly responsible for? Bruno might be the most overrated athlete in world sport.
Bruno created the best chance. He is not the problem.

He didn't create the best chance he created A chance, A single solitary chance. In his last 5 matches he's played he has 5 shots on target and a whole 3 big chances created. Man U has won a single match in almost two months, it was the one match he didn't play. He's a 10 making  $16 million a year with more yellow cards than assists. I'm sure as a fan of mid table football you'd find those numbers fine, I sure as eff don't.
The only consistent goal scorer on the team is Ronaldo. To get assists requires people capable of being a threat going forward. Bruno has the second most goals as a no. 10 and the guy with the 3rd most is not even on the roster anymore and is done with football for probably ever. You have a lot of misdirected rage.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16802 on: April 10, 2022, 02:05:30 AM »
Nah, he's crazy overrated, thought so last year too. Before MUFC he was the best player in a farmers league. I was excited to get him but he isn't the 10 of a team who could win the EPL. He's the 5th best starting 10 of the Big 6 teams.

I'm not laying this at his feet though. You can start with the Glazers and whoever the hell is running the club right now. Then Rangnick, he sucks terribly, then the players. He's far from the worst on the team, not close, but he's the captain and he isn't equipped to elevate this team or any other team with championship aspirations in the EPL or in a European competition.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16803 on: April 10, 2022, 10:11:00 AM »
Nah, he's crazy overrated, thought so last year too. Before MUFC he was the best player in a farmers league. I was excited to get him but he isn't the 10 of a team who could win the EPL. He's the 5th best starting 10 of the Big 6 teams.

I'm not laying this at his feet though. You can start with the Glazers and whoever the hell is running the club right now. Then Rangnick, he sucks terribly, then the players. He's far from the worst on the team, not close, but he's the captain and he isn't equipped to elevate this team or any other team with championship aspirations in the EPL or in a European competition.
I kind of agree, but maybe not in the way you are thinking. I would rather have any of the man city or liverpool attackers so he is actually worse than way more players because his pace and positional limitations, but the fact that he doesn’t press or have a good work rate isn’t really his fault. I think he is significantly better than Jorginho and he is better than Pulisic too into but they have an actual coach and a coherent system. It is weird because he should be the second best on the team after Pogba, but Pogba is playing so poorly he is just clearly better.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16804 on: April 10, 2022, 12:00:57 PM »
It is unreal how much better Man City and Liverpool are than the rest of the league.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16805 on: April 10, 2022, 01:33:55 PM »
Very exciting match.  A loss would have been devistatimg for title hopes so I’m pleased with the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16806 on: April 10, 2022, 06:05:55 PM »

I kind of agree, but maybe not in the way you are thinking. I would rather have any of the man city or liverpool attackers so he is actually worse than way more players because his pace and positional limitations, but the fact that he doesn’t press or have a good work rate isn’t really his fault. I think he is significantly better than Jorginho and he is better than Pulisic too into but they have an actual coach and a coherent system. It is weird because he should be the second best on the team after Pogba, but Pogba is playing so poorly he is just clearly better.

Pogba is finished. I bet he ends up in France next year, not PSG, but for a club like Monaco, Lyon, or Nice.

That was a fun match today. I wish the EPL also had a post season tournament. How fun would it be to see those two play in a winner take all scenario?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16807 on: April 10, 2022, 07:17:35 PM »
Maybe we will in the Champions League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16808 on: April 10, 2022, 07:34:23 PM »
Have you heard of the FA Cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16809 on: April 10, 2022, 08:42:41 PM »
Have you heard of the FA Cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They can't meet in the final, my guy.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16810 on: April 10, 2022, 08:48:18 PM »
Winner take most I guess

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16811 on: April 11, 2022, 08:47:22 AM »
what a delicious weekend of results for Spurs :chefskiss:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16812 on: April 11, 2022, 10:22:15 AM »
what a delicious weekend of results for Spurs :chefskiss:

Yup, sole possession of 4th, and catching fire, I get many of the teams are lesser but still, wish this team was clicking like this earlier.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16813 on: April 12, 2022, 03:38:46 PM »
What a game in Madrid. 3-1 Chelsea, 4-4 on aggregate with 10 minutes left

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16814 on: April 12, 2022, 03:43:16 PM »
Bayern is in an interesting one too.  Villareal looks pretty clearly outmatched but have come up with the occasionally dangerous opportunity.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16815 on: April 12, 2022, 03:51:17 PM »
Bayern is in an interesting one too.  Villareal looks pretty clearly outmatched but have come up with the occasionally dangerous opportunity.
Wanted to watch more of that one. Villarreal defend and counter really well. And they've just won it as I was typing this!

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16816 on: April 12, 2022, 04:00:23 PM »
Unai Emery deserves a ton of credit. His track record in these cup competitions is remarkable.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16817 on: April 12, 2022, 04:37:13 PM »
Damn, Karim did it again!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16818 on: April 12, 2022, 05:16:57 PM »
I love him. I definitely have always been a Messi vs Ronaldo and Barcelona > Madrid but I love him.

Also lol Bayern.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... [emoji2] )
« Reply #16819 on: April 12, 2022, 05:19:03 PM »
Rooting for benzema and a Ancelloti, Villarreal and Emery, pep and man city. Liverpool are great and all but I want someone new and rooting for man city to win it all. Sounds lame as Madrid have won it a million times and all but benzema just continuing on his redic form would be a fitting end as well.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16821 on: April 13, 2022, 03:50:20 PM »
It would be really cool to see an all-Spanish final. I'll be rooting for that.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16822 on: April 13, 2022, 04:18:13 PM »
That atleti crowd was as electric as I’ve ever seen and they were still applauding the team after the game. What a thrilling second half.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16823 on: April 13, 2022, 04:26:28 PM »
why do the champions league announcers almost always sound bored as eff to be there (in general, did not watch atletico)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16824 on: April 13, 2022, 05:21:08 PM »
why do the champions league announcers almost always sound bored as eff to be there (in general, did not watch atletico)

That's how the euro announcers get down. It doesn't help that not all of the crews are at the matches, for the most part, they are in a studio in London, Greenwich, CT, or LA.