Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1293022 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )
« Reply #16475 on: November 03, 2019, 09:09:36 PM »
Andre Gomes :sdeek: :barf:
Son :cry:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16476 on: November 10, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »
What a great start to a season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16477 on: November 11, 2019, 12:15:46 AM »
It's over dogg, the only suspense is will this be a double, treble, or quad.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16478 on: November 20, 2019, 01:54:12 AM »
burn it down

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16479 on: November 20, 2019, 10:06:38 AM »
Sorry bud. I first thought about you yesterday, then I thought about how spurs went from adorbs to gross and hated. The worst part about it is your life will be filled with shitty Chelsea fans trying to convince all COYS about how great "the special one" is. Enjoy three years of all of the spurs news being about stupid things Jose says and does.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16480 on: November 23, 2019, 08:00:29 AM »
The Premier League is more entertaining with  Jose in it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16481 on: November 23, 2019, 12:05:03 PM »
That's true, just hope he isn't "leading" your team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16482 on: November 24, 2019, 12:26:02 PM »
FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16483 on: November 24, 2019, 01:33:36 PM »
Game and atmosphere of the season at Bramall Lane today. Sucks to lose the 3 points at the end but Sheffield deserved something from it after that 1st half. Phil Jones should never play for United again (old news, I know). Pereira needs to be dropped but the midfield is too depleted and Woodward refused to replace Fellaini and Herrera. Pogba and McTominay sorely needed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16484 on: November 24, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »
Game and atmosphere of the season at Bramall Lane today. Sucks to lose the 3 points at the end but Sheffield deserved something from it after that 1st half. Phil Jones should never play for United again (old news, I know). Pereira needs to be dropped but the midfield is too depleted and Woodward refused to replace Fellaini and Herrera. Pogba and McTominay sorely needed.

Agreed on all accounts. Not Ole's fault, this roster has zero depth.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16485 on: November 26, 2019, 06:30:16 PM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16487 on: December 22, 2019, 11:06:33 AM »
been watching Serie A because of ESPN + and Atalanta just absolutely destroyed Milan today.

Atalanta gets Valencia in the R16 for the Champion's League. They have a great shot to go to the last 8.  Incredible.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16488 on: December 22, 2019, 02:05:37 PM »
I will be in or around Manchester January 10 and maybe staying through the weekend, which game should I go to? Could go to Sheffield or Everton or ManU I think

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16489 on: December 22, 2019, 02:10:04 PM »
Or really I could easily pull off London

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16490 on: December 22, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »
Tottenham and Liverpool in London that weekend.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16491 on: December 22, 2019, 09:27:55 PM »

London, is an amazing city, but its really far from Manchester. I'm assuming you'd go by train? Absolutely don't drive.

Norwich plays at Man U on the second. If you go to London Chelsea are hosting Burnley. To me those two matches are the same, probably not worth going to London just for that. The Spurs Arsenal match is at the Spurs new stadium, the tickets for that will be tougher to get and a lot more expensive than the others but will have the best atmosphere. The secondary market is much harder there, they do have cops that patrol outside of stadiums to combat that but they do have uk stubhub. A lot of the fun of going to an English soccer match is seeing the fans interact with each other.

Honestly, I think your best option would be Aston Villa hosting Man City on the 12th Aston Villa is halfway between Manchester and London, that match will be really fun and less corporate feeling than the other matches discussed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16492 on: December 22, 2019, 11:32:45 PM »

London, is an amazing city, but its really far from Manchester. I'm assuming you'd go by train? Absolutely don't drive.

Norwich plays at Man U on the second. If you go to London Chelsea are hosting Burnley. To me those two matches are the same, probably not worth going to London just for that. The Spurs Arsenal match is at the Spurs new stadium, the tickets for that will be tougher to get and a lot more expensive than the others but will have the best atmosphere. The secondary market is much harder there, they do have cops that patrol outside of stadiums to combat that but they do have uk stubhub. A lot of the fun of going to an English soccer match is seeing the fans interact with each other.

Honestly, I think your best option would be Aston Villa hosting Man City on the 12th Aston Villa is halfway between Manchester and London, that match will be really fun and less corporate feeling than the other matches discussed.

Good thoughts. I might have an in with Man U tickets from a vendor but I don't like asking. Is Everton pretty corporate? I'd kinda rather go to a smaller club stadium so Sheffield on Friday night or Aston Villa on the 12th might work if flights for the rest of my trip work out.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16493 on: December 23, 2019, 01:45:59 AM »

Good thoughts. I might have an in with Man U tickets from a vendor but I don't like asking. Is Everton pretty corporate? I'd kinda rather go to a smaller club stadium so Sheffield on Friday night or Aston Villa on the 12th might work if flights for the rest of my trip work out.

Everton has great fans but it will be easy to get in there because they're crap and Brighton are also crap. Villa are also crap, but they are playing a club that will have their stadium jumping, and this is their first season back in the PL in a while. Everton vs. Brighton is just lower table purgatory. That being said the atmosphere for that will likely be better than anything you've ever seen here, for anything. I saw Everton vs. Millwall last year in the FA Cup. Millwall is mid table dreck in the English Championship, the weather was like 35 degrees and raining, and it was the top 5 environments I've ever seen. I'll be a Millwall fan for life.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16494 on: December 24, 2019, 09:21:27 AM »
Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for MiR

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16496 on: January 06, 2020, 02:02:39 PM »
Tottenham and Liverpool in London that weekend.

dang those tickets aren't cheap.

@MIR what about brentford//qpr? I think London might work out better than Manchester or Liverpool.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:12:02 PM by michigancat »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16497 on: January 06, 2020, 03:28:47 PM »
OK I can't figure out how to get Brentford tix. It looks like they make it really hard to get tickets when the away allotment sells out. @MiR how did you get the Fulham tickets?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16498 on: January 06, 2020, 08:40:51 PM »
OK I can't figure out how to get Brentford tix. It looks like they make it really hard to get tickets when the away allotment sells out. @MiR how did you get the Fulham tickets?

I've been to Millwall and to West Ham before they moved. I got the West Ham tickets from their ticket office and the Millwall tickets from Stubhub UK.

I wouldn't do brentford qpr, that's going to be a complete waste of your visit. It looks like you're planning to be in London on Saturday. If you're going to do that I'd pick Crystal Palace hosting Arsenal as the first choice, that atmosphere is going to be nuts. The prices for that match is less than Chelsea v. Burnley
https://www.stubhub.com/crystal-palace-fc-tickets-crystal-palace-fc-london-selhurst-park-stadium-11-1-2020/event/104175289/?sort=price+asc&qty=1&qqd=1&qtyq=false

https://www.stubhub.com/chelsea-fc-tickets-chelsea-fc-london-stamford-bridge-11-1-2020/event/104174278/?sort=price+asc&qty=1&qqd=1&qtyq=false

The Chelsea match probably won't be as crazy, although it's still top flight English football, and you'll get to see Pulisic.

Those prices are obviously nuts, I paid that to see a match in a crappy stadium and it was worth it. Stamford Bridge is beautiful, don't know anything about Sellhurst Park. Before buying these tickets I would contact the ticket office, both matches I attended were "sellouts" but there were open seats. When I got the West Ham tickets from their office, it was two days before the match.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16499 on: January 06, 2020, 08:48:17 PM »
Brentford/QPR's a Derby! Have you seen their stadium????

https://englishsoccerguide.com/brentford-fc/

But yes I might just book my hotel in London and see what I can swing