Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1332247 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
I want it to be better

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
no one cares about separate clubs, they care about country on country.  get rid of this nonsense
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
is there a sweet infographic or ms project file or something that shows all the scheduling info for all the different countries/leagues?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

no one cares about separate clubs, they care about country on country.  get rid of this nonsense

club world cup would feature the best of the best players, unlike the world cup

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
big deal.  let them get citizenship in america if they want to play.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Make it very 4 years, make a bigger financial prize to the winner, try to get the federations and leagues on board, open it up to 12-16 teams, get better TV coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
def need more teams/less frequent

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
16 teams straight to knockout (prolly need to have "play-ins" for some of the slots)

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
hey cleveland, barcelona is playing liverpool!  how jacked are you for that matchup?

all of cleveland - uh, who cares

hey cleveland, germany is playing argentina!  how jacked are you for that matchup?

all of cleveland - eff those nazi's, i hope argentina beats the crap out of them!

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Eh, people care about their clubs a lot, the problem IMO is that the areas that care the most (Europe & SA) only get 1 club each. If every 4 years you basically mixed the Champions League and Copa Libertadores together with a smattering of other other clubs it at least raises the interest level.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
3 from CONCACAF 3 from South America. 2 from Asia rest from UEFA (if using 12 team format, bump all numbers up by one if 16)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
americans get (on a relative scale) very into the uefa champions league.  skc vs psg would be a blast

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Make it so only a max of 2 teams from one country can qualify for the CWC

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
americans get (on a relative scale) very into the uefa champions league.  skc vs psg would be a blast

yes, skc vs someone would be the only way any non soccer nerd around here would care, you're right.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So you're getting at least one MLS team in. Some non Brazil club team in, J-League and A-League, then random UEFA clubs.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i would watch the crap out of that if the clubs were properly incentivized to play full strength

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So you're getting at least one MLS team in. Some non Brazil club team in, J-League and A-League, then random UEFA clubs.

Basically, the MLS really needs to get to the level where it's teams would have a fighting chance before it would really catch on over here though

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
we're not trying to upstage the World Cup here, seven.  plenty of great competitions that aren't on that level

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Get the tournament out of Japan. TV viewership is almost impossible with games over there. I mean I watched Chelsea's 2 CWC games at 3:30a and 4:30a respectively when we were in it but most crazy fans wouldn't even do that.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Basically, the MLS really needs to get to the level where it's teams would have a fighting chance before it would really catch on over here though

I think this would help, and I think MLS will get there one day but I don't think MLS needs to be on that level to be huge here. Cruz Azul vs Chelsea, Boca Juniors vs Real Madrid, Corinthians vs PSG...there are a lot of matchups that could be big in America and world wide.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Get the tournament out of Japan. TV viewership is almost impossible with games over there. I mean I watched Chelsea's 2 CWC games at 3:30a and 4:30a respectively when we were in it but most crazy fans wouldn't even do that.

That's definitely another thing, get that sucker in Europe a few times and the US a time or 2 and figure out a way to increase the prestige and it would do wonders

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
I thought it changed venues each time already and that basically nobody really bothers bidding on it?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Prestige comes with it going every 4 years, and a financial reward for playing in it and winning it. Bid it out similar to a WC. Boom all solved.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought it changed venues each time already and that basically nobody really bothers bidding on it?

I thought it was always in Japan and they got super butthurt with the USSF for trying to get FIFA to move it to America.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
we really knocked this crap out with the posthaste