Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331753 times)

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's no fun saying goodbye to legends  :frown:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

just gutted all of the Chelsea community are, I literally would vomit if he goes on loan to City leading up to the '15 MLS season. I am still holding on to a little bit of hope he comes on loan to Chelsea but not too optimistic...

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
haven't looked at details but twitter announcements make me wonder.  players have been sold for '15 mls season and nycfc are free to loan or do whatever for euro '14 season?

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
well, would be half euro seasons for the most part I guess

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
haven't looked at details but twitter announcements make me wonder.  players have been sold for '15 mls season and nycfc are free to loan or do whatever for euro '14 season?

they are NYCFC's players since their contracts are up with their current teams. NYCFC will get to decide where they go on loan or what they do as of that point.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

just gutted all of the Chelsea community are, I literally would vomit if he goes on loan to City leading up to the '15 MLS season. I am still holding on to a little bit of hope he comes on loan to Chelsea but not too optimistic...

:whistle1:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Costa signing completed today, 32m pounds. Hopefully him and Lukaku can provide the goals we need to win some trophies next year.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Arsenal cousin of sw is melting down at the rumors of Cesc coming back to London but instead of wearing red he will be wearing blue. :peek:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
That would suck.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
That would suck.

Gonna win 'em all!

Looks like it's going to happen. Sorry, dobber. :(

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
So after reports that City isn't in the running for Cesc, apparently they will make a bid today. :popcorn:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Despite being a stud Chelsea fans are turning on Lukaku. Every other day he is being quoted to be saying he knows a lot of teams are interested in him and a move away from Chelsea excites him. Then when he is not saying that he is saying he wants to compete for the number one striker spot at Chelsea and loves Jose. He really needs to just shut up and focus on the World Cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
He really needs to just shut up and transfer to Everton, home of superior human beings

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )
« Reply #9264 on: June 07, 2014, 04:31:19 PM »
I would want him to go to City, but we would have too many stud strikers. Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic, and Lukaku? :sdeek:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He really needs to just shut up and transfer to Everton, home of superior human beings

42 I like you a lot, and Everton has some guys who I don't wanna punch in the face, but Lukaku would never play in slightly shittier than Detroit Liverpool.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

42 I like you a lot, and Everton has some guys who I don't wanna punch in the face, but Lukaku would never play in slightly shittier than Detroit Liverpool.

On a long term basis

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
He seemed to like the hard-working, salt of the earth Evertonians much better than the effete, snooty Chelsea dorks. And who can blame him?

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
I know the 30 for 30 episode about Hillsborough was talked about, but in case people missed it...

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/172435/Hillsborough__30_for_30_Soccer_Stories__ESPN_Films/

And if you have Netflix, search for "soccer stories" and it's the first episode.  All of them are great, but Hillsborough is a must watch.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
thanks for the reminder j-von - didnt have a chance to catch it first time around and have totally spaced it :thumbs:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
I know the 30 for 30 episode about Hillsborough was talked about, but in case people missed it...

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/172435/Hillsborough__30_for_30_Soccer_Stories__ESPN_Films/

And if you have Netflix, search for "soccer stories" and it's the first episode.  All of them are great, but Hillsborough is a must watch.

oh man, i was wondering if these were on netflix. have heard they are all incredible.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
scottwildcat works for The Sun.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
scottwildcat works for The Sun.

:jerk:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

oh man, i was wondering if these were on netflix. have heard they are all incredible.

I have seen all of them and the ones I liked were Hillsborough, the one about Chile playing in a stadium that served as a prison and Russia refusing to play them, the one about Ireland and Northern Ireland and the one on Maradona, although the latter two shouldn't have been shorts, they seemed cut off and incomplete. The others were too obscure, I don't know what they were going for with that but they were way outside of the framework of the 30 for 30 franchise (more in depth storytelling and reporting about things that have happened in the ESPN era). The other stories were things that happened way before our time and way far away, these are stories that a football poseur would have green lighted. I am pretty bent that there were stories about Brazilian and Argentinian soccer players from like the 40s and 50s, but no stories from the US and things that helped the growth. I'm certain they could have found some great American stories like the '94 World Cup, or players from that era like Alexi Lalas.