Author Topic: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day  (Read 794812 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day
« Reply #5525 on: February 27, 2018, 09:29:24 AM »
Also on some level I feel bad for the guy because I wouldn't want to go on every vacation with my wife's siblings' families either. Of course neither would my wife and it wouldn't be over an apology demand.

Yeah, I've gone on a couple of vacations with my wife's siblings and their families, but we've never done something like share a condo. It's usually something like Disney World where we all eat breakfast together and then do our own thing.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: February 27, 2018, 09:32:37 AM »
Sounds like a classic case of the "final straw."  The dude is completely oblivious to the type of annoying crap he was doing the entire time leading up to the couch incident.  Then he snaps at the SIL's foster kid (guarantee this wasn't the first run in) and she loses it.

Deduction: this guy often seems to single out the foster kid.  SIL is already extra protective of foster kid (mysterious background) and feels like the guy never really accepted him/her into the family.  Unfounded accusation about needing to keep quiet cause of (potentially?) sick real family elsewhere brings everything to a head.

Just re-read the original post.  Very interesting he discusses "kids" in the supposed back room without identifying whose kids they are.  New theory is that he always treats SIL's foster kids like crap and acts like (his?) kids should not be bothered.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: February 27, 2018, 09:44:52 AM »
This helped me piece things together.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: February 27, 2018, 10:12:25 AM »
 :lol:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #5529 on: February 27, 2018, 10:15:55 AM »
LOL. Holy crap.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: February 27, 2018, 10:19:34 AM »
definitely perplexed by the "flu bug (not actual flu)" phenomenon

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: February 27, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »
I think a lot of people call food poisoning "the flu bug (not the actual flu)".

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: February 27, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »
amazing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: February 27, 2018, 10:43:15 AM »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: February 27, 2018, 11:53:32 AM »
Sounds like a classic case of the "final straw."  The dude is completely oblivious to the type of annoying crap he was doing the entire time leading up to the couch incident.  Then he snaps at the SIL's foster kid (guarantee this wasn't the first run in) and she loses it.

Deduction: this guy often seems to single out the foster kid.  SIL is already extra protective of foster kid (mysterious background) and feels like the guy never really accepted him/her into the family.  Unfounded accusation about needing to keep quiet cause of (potentially?) sick real family elsewhere brings everything to a head.

Just re-read the original post.  Very interesting he discusses "kids" in the supposed back room without identifying whose kids they are.  New theory is that he always treats SIL's foster kids like crap and acts like (his?) kids should not be bothered.

Yep, notice that he makes sure to point out what this kid is a FOSTER kid not a NORMAL kid like the other two.  Validates your theory imo.  Not sure both flu not flu kids are his though.  They are both UNDER 18 months.  I suppose it's possible, but certainly not probable.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5535 on: February 27, 2018, 11:59:55 AM »
I was ready to give up on this thread, but I am back in now.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: February 27, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »

Your diagram does not keep in mind the door to the deck.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: February 27, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
Where does he get the entitlement to be able to nap in whatever common space he wants on some large family trip? 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: February 27, 2018, 12:46:19 PM »

Your diagram does not keep in mind the door to the deck.

Thanks. That was an embarrassing omission and potentially a game changer.

I realized that the op mentions FOUR children with the flu bug (not actual flu). We know two of them are the under 18 month olds upstairs (possibly d’s kids or Doucher’s or both). Presumably the third is the foster kid going ape crap. I now suspect the fourth is another foster kid of SIL’s (op says “foster KIDS”). However, that kid is unaccounted for in this story. Perhaps he or she made an exit through the conveniently placed deck door and could not be found by SIL, putting her in a highly agitated state leading up to the incident.

It’s just one theory, but I think it accounts for all of the loose ends.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: February 27, 2018, 01:56:26 PM »
i've been convinced.  the foster kid going apeshit is the key.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: February 27, 2018, 02:33:42 PM »
laughing again at "douscher"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: February 27, 2018, 02:40:10 PM »
also I don't think he mentioned 4 children with the flu bug running through them, just 4 individuals with the flu bug running through them

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: February 27, 2018, 02:45:31 PM »
SPOILERS
will make an attempt.

We shared a two story condo in FL. Both floors were separate, and were the exact same. We were on the top floor and shared it with my wife's brother and his wife ( SIL that went ape crap), and two foster kids that they had (3yrs and 18 mo) . My mother in law and father in law shared the condo below with my wife's twin sister, her husband, and their 2 kids (adopted 18 mo and 12 mo).

The bottom floor served as the hub for meals. Everyone but my wife's brothers family (they had the flu bug) ate lunch and were lounging around, then everyone went to take naps. I wasn't tired, or so I thought, so I watched tv for a while. Then after a half hour, I proceeded to fall asleep. At this time everyone was still napping.

After I had fallen asleep, my wife's brother, his wife, and two foster kids came downstairs to eat. The seat that the child was sitting in was right in front of the door to the deck. The kid proceeded to have a meltdown, and woke me up. I calmly told them that I think my wife's twin sister's kids were in the back room taking a nap. My Sister in law, looses it on the kid, and puts her hand over the kids mouth. My brother in law tried to intervene as he thought she was being a little heavy handed with the kid and told her that she needed to leave. At that point she went to level 12 and yelled at me that I was the one that needed to leave.

At that point I grabbed my phone and went upstairs. I got to the upstairs condo to discover the two kids that I thought were napping downstairs were awake and upstairs with their parents. I was a little disturbed apparently because my wife's twin sister asked me what was going on. I said, don't go down there because she's crazy, referring to the other sister in law. About five minutes later my wife's brother (SIL that went crazy's husband) came up and apologized to me for her actions. I told him he did nothing wrong and wasn't the one that needed to apologize.

I had no responsibility to be watching others kids at the time, was just confused by the situation about who was still sleeping or not. The easiest way to handle if from there standpoint would have been to tell me that the other two kids were already upstairs and awake from their nap as they walked right by them on their way down.

Hopefully this explains it better

At this point, I will no longer hold it against her that she herself never apologized, but I think I am within my rights to no longer go on trips with her and just keep it to Thanksgiving and Christmas with her and avoid her like the plague. Which will be easy since she thinks she is better than anyone else in the family

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: February 27, 2018, 02:57:43 PM »
From here on:
Guy is Richard
Kid is Foster
SIL is Mrs. Douscher
Brother is Mr. Douscher

Foster is causing a ruckus.  Richard tells him to quiet down as kids are asleep.  Mrs. Douscher goes off on Foster to get him to quiet down.  Mr. Douscher tells her to cool it.  Mrs. Douscher tells Richard to leave.

I still feel like there is more to this deck door...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: February 27, 2018, 03:00:57 PM »
omg he got into an argument with a 3 year old foster child??? :lol:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: February 27, 2018, 03:07:48 PM »
He's leaving something out.  The story jumps from him whispering that kids are asleep to Mrs. Douscher going off on him.  One thing is for sure, whenever we find out what he's hiding, the last piece of the Is This Guy A Dick? puzzle will fall into place.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: February 27, 2018, 03:16:52 PM »
From here on:
Guy is Richard
Kid is Foster
SIL is Mrs. Douscher
Brother is Mr. Douscher

Foster is causing a ruckus.  Richard tells him to quiet down as kids are asleep.  Mrs. Douscher goes off on Foster to get him to quiet down.  Mr. Douscher tells her to cool it.  Mrs. Douscher tells Richard to leave.

I still feel like there is more to this deck door...

I think you got the wrong SIL.  Mr. and Mrs. Douscher (Richard's wife's twin sis) are the normal ones with the adopted kids.  You're thinking about SIL (wife of Richard's wife's brother).

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: February 27, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »
Something is definitely not adding up.  In the original story SIL didn't freak out at Foster at all, now it sounds like she was freaking out at Foster the whole time and just happened to yell in Richard's direction that he should go.  Why would he be owed an apology for that?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: February 27, 2018, 03:21:37 PM »
I think the door is mentioned because Mrs douscher could have taken the unwanted child outside when it was going original ape crap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: February 27, 2018, 03:24:26 PM »
Richard is starting to sound more like a pussy than a dick.