Author Topic: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day  (Read 794790 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day
« Reply #5675 on: March 23, 2022, 08:30:30 AM »
As someone who's waiting for my fourth shot, if Gene asked him about his vaccine status he's a rough ridin' idiot. Who gives a eff? As a man in his mid 50s, everyone should be much more worried if he has his shingles vaccine than his COVID vaccine.

I don't really disagree here. I think he is a huge dumbass if he isn't vaxxed by now, but whatever. I care more about the blowback and potential issue if it ever comes down to him getting it or being fired. Doubt it will happen, but who knows.  :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: March 23, 2022, 08:33:50 AM »
Wacky, as long as there have been sports there have been team prayers and post game prayers and all else kinds of prayers. That’s no different today. Why are you (and the gpc poster) trying to make this an issue and plying victim already? I haven’t seen anyone comment on it adversely. I assume oscar was a Christian and same for Kli (statistically, I have no idea factually).
Coronabros and SB attacked pretty early on. I think a lot of ppl like to point and laugh at stuff they don't see themselves. I'm just presenting it to you. I wish 2022 didn't exist, but we're here. Seriously tho, WGAF?!

Yeah that seems pretty boilerplate language, why you think it's obvious he isn't vaxxed?

Jesus freak from texas

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: March 23, 2022, 08:41:18 AM »
Wacky, as long as there have been sports there have been team prayers and post game prayers and all else kinds of prayers. That’s no different today. Why are you (and the gpc poster) trying to make this an issue and plying victim already? I haven’t seen anyone comment on it adversely. I assume oscar was a Christian and same for Kli (statistically, I have no idea factually).
Coronabros and SB attacked pretty early on. I think a lot of ppl like to point and laugh at stuff they don't see themselves. I'm just presenting it to you. I wish 2022 didn't exist, but we're here. Seriously tho, WGAF?!

Yeah that seems pretty boilerplate language, why you think it's obvious he isn't vaxxed?

Jesus freak from texas
@stevedave, I also wasn't trying to make issue of the prayer itself (Jesus freak Christian here). I was presenting the date, that known far lefty Dreiling, is already drooling over it. So I was just saying we have quite the corners so far- Anti cornoabro, Jesus freak vs anti 1/6'r. Who will win the battle? TBC...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: March 23, 2022, 08:53:59 AM »
I'm a christian as well but I'm not following all of what you are posting there and am blocked by dreilling on twitter so don't know what he's doing either.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: March 23, 2022, 09:10:01 AM »

Jesus freak from texas
@stevedave, I also wasn't trying to make issue of the prayer itself (Jesus freak Christian here). I was presenting the date, that known far lefty Dreiling, is already drooling over it. So I was just saying we have quite the corners so far- Anti cornoabro, Jesus freak vs anti 1/6'r. Who will win the battle? TBC...

I wouldn't use Dreiling as an example to represent other people's views on about anything

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: March 23, 2022, 09:15:15 AM »
I'm a christian as well but I'm not following all of what you are posting there and am blocked by dreilling on twitter so don't know what he's doing either.

The tweet has virtually no engagement so he didn't explain if he had a point. I didn't want to be the person who engaged with the tweet, so I let it go. He's generally not one who participates in the culture of victimization so I don't think there was inflammatory intent with the tweet.

It is noteworthy that he was able to do that before the tip of a basketball game. While that obviously won't fly now and he's coming into a completely different culture, I think he'll be fine.

Why is any of this being discussed here?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: March 23, 2022, 09:15:43 AM »
he's a public figure that wears his faith on his sleeve. 

predictably, some people are going to really like that about him, some are going to really dislike that about him, and some people are going to be relatively indifferent about it.  the initial reaction to it shouldn't really be too surprising.

from what i can tell, most K-State fans either DGAF about it or are admiring it.  either way, the hire and TANG himself have virtually universal approval among k-state people.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: March 23, 2022, 09:17:53 AM »
What initial reaction? Not being facetious either.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: March 23, 2022, 09:18:37 AM »
What initial reaction? Not being facetious either.
that most people dgaf about his religiosity, some like it, and some don't (i.e. find it cringey or annoying or whatever).

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: March 23, 2022, 09:18:59 AM »
420seriouscat69, is it your impression that extreme far left lefty drieling(?) thought JEROME TANG was on the side of the 1/6 terrorists? Because nothing in the tweet or the prayer video made me think that.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5685 on: March 23, 2022, 09:19:11 AM »
he's a public figure that wears his faith on his sleeve. 

predictably, some people are going to really like that about him, some are going to really dislike that about him, and some people are going to be relatively indifferent about it.  the initial reaction to it shouldn't really be too surprising.

from what i can tell, most K-State fans either DGAF about it or are admiring it.  either way, the hire and TANG himself have virtually universal approval among k-state people.
Amen!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: March 23, 2022, 09:19:55 AM »
i'm not really into prayer or faith or whatever but coming from a place where they pray 24/7 about all sorts of crap, him including whatever was going on that day doesn't exactly move my needle i guess

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: March 23, 2022, 09:23:29 AM »
420seriouscat69, is it your impression that extreme far left lefty drieling(?) thought JEROME TANG was on the side of the 1/6 terrorists? Because nothing in the tweet or the prayer video made me think that.
Knowing how Dreiling works, it's my impression that he thinks he was praying against the tourists and he loved it. That's why I was admiring the different sides already. Cornoabros shitting themselves over a contract and a Texas Jesus freak vs a dude praying against the events of 1/6. It's pretty phenomenal to watch both sides work so far already. Hence, I don't think that GPC poster is really that far off with their post and it has seemed to rile certain individuals up over it already (people hate being called out on their shenanigan's).

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: March 23, 2022, 09:25:51 AM »
wacky i think you're making a mountain out of a molehill here

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: March 23, 2022, 09:27:18 AM »
That's why i'm Wacky!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: March 23, 2022, 09:31:48 AM »
Yeah just be happy and party with the rest of us bro. If other people want to be miserable let them.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: March 23, 2022, 09:35:44 AM »
Oh, I am! :emawkid: Just wait for the recruiting thread to get wild! :love:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: March 23, 2022, 10:25:19 AM »
Welp! Gonna be a lot of confused people moving forward on how they should stand politically with the guy. Welcome to 2022 and everyone hold on to your butts!!!

https://twitter.com/tylerdreiling/status/1506459912083226625?s=21

:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: February 13, 2023, 09:21:03 AM »
The amount of crotchety olds and sheltered crusty young people who post on message boards is always shocking to me. There is a two page thread on KSO about the halftime show, they're is literally one positive post about Rihanna, one.

Super Bowl halftimes pretty much always suck.
Sucked every year since after Prince, Tom Petty, oscar Springsteen, and The Who did those 4 years in a row that were good.
I almost fell asleep, the people I was with were talking about if Rihanna was pregnant or not.
As my Mom said. It didnt amount to a ****!
Now what WAS good was the national anthem. That was so beautifully done.
Meh -I’m probably too old - just don’t get the appeal…or…maybe you “just have to be there”.
It was pretty lame. Surprised by how many of her songs I was familiar with from the days when they'd be blasting over the speakers at the bars.

And why everthing gotta be all filthy? It's the Superbowl. Don't flick your bean during your performance.
Awful and her grabbing her crotch is not what I wanted my kids to see.
It was trash. But I'll be nice and say it wasn't my cup of tea.
3 years removed from Jlo and Shakira people have forgotten what happened there. They were both letting their coochie be flapping in the wind . This was mild by comparison.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: February 13, 2023, 11:26:16 AM »
i’m definitely in the camp that her performance was pretty much a non-event, not bad, not great

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: February 13, 2023, 11:37:22 AM »
I loved it. I got nervous just watching at the beginning because I'm afraid of heights.