Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 247796 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #900 on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:20 PM »
putting the lebron hating aside for the moment, here's why lebron would never be a player that i like.

lebron's game is not that much fun to watch.  he has very little skill relative to the other superstar players.   he's just bigger, stronger, and faster than his opponents.  iit's like watching a twelve year old play against eight year olds.  bfd.  not impressed. 

ha, that's great.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 21, 2012, 11:31:51 PM »
Spoelstra's a total dork  :lol:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 21, 2012, 11:50:55 PM »
winters!  :D

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 21, 2012, 11:52:53 PM »
while skip bayless's brand of lebron hating is low rent, as a lebron hater i definitiely appreciate the army of bayless haters he's created and how often his name gets mentioned with lebron's.  sort of steals the spotlight a little bit.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 22, 2012, 02:21:21 AM »
lebron is immenently cheerable.  the rest? no.  I am happy for lebron not the heat.  as the best player he deserves it.

Could not agree more.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 22, 2012, 06:10:23 AM »
Yeah, i, too get really rough ridin' bored watching some guy do really athletic stuff to get to the rim and dunk all over people.  Maybe if lebron would knock down more step-back 18 footers, then he'd be bearable to watch.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 22, 2012, 07:45:09 AM »
chum1 has been fantastic in this thread

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 22, 2012, 01:28:30 PM »
Yeah, i, too get really rough ridin' bored watching some guy do really athletic stuff to get to the rim and dunk all over people.  Maybe if lebron would knock down more step-back 18 footers, then he'd be bearable to watch.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

word on the street is that lots of nba players can dunk, and that quite a few do it with a lot more style than lebron.  that is indeed the best part of his game, though.  the rest is very meh.  unless, of course, you like cheering, "nice job of being born a big, strong, fast guy, lebron," in which case your all time favorite player is probably shaq.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 22, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »

word on the street is that lots of nba players can dunk, and that quite a few do it with a lot more style than lebron.  that is indeed the best part of his game, though.  the rest is very meh.  unless, of course, you like cheering, "nice job of being born a big, strong, fast guy, lebron," in which case your all time favorite player is probably shaq.

Dude had a triple double to win a ring.  word around the chatroom is that you're Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). 

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 22, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »
Holy crap.  I forgot how terrible the Cavs team that LeBron carried to the playoffs was.

:sdeek:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 22, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »
i don't know why there is so much confusion over lebron hating.  it has nothing to do with stats or rings.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 22, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
Funny, no one ever mentioned his "arrogance" when he was in Cleveland.  He didn't change...

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 22, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »
i don't know why there is so much confusion over lebron hating.  it has nothing to do with stats or rings.

Well, what is it?  Personality or playing ability?

I'm confused, because it sounded earlier (ala, dunking argument) like you were hating on his game.  he's only good at being strong and fast.  amirite? 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 22, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
putting the lebron hating aside for the moment, here's why lebron would never be a player that i like.

lebron's game is not that much fun to watch.  he has very little skill relative to the other superstar players.   he's just bigger, stronger, and faster than his opponents.  iit's like watching a twelve year old play against eight year olds.  bfd.  not impressed. 

agreed.  at least shaq made funny faces and talked funny.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 22, 2012, 04:03:21 PM »
em:  lebron hating started when he was in high school.

bn:  plz go back and read thread.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #915 on: June 22, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »
It sounds like people who hate Lebron probably also like women's bball.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 22, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »

Why the eff should I read the entire thread?  You -  Lebron has very little skill compared to other star players.  That's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), plain and simple. 

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »

Why the eff should I read the entire thread?  You -  Lebron has very little skill compared to other star players.  That's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), plain and simple.

lebron hating has been discussed at length and you're cluless about it.

what skills of lebron's are on par with the nba's best?  shooting?  passing?  ball handling?  post play?  no, no, no, and no.

i mean, being a bruiser is not a skill.  it's just something you do because you can.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #918 on: June 22, 2012, 08:27:22 PM »
I know you don't care for or want a serious discussion about anything, but IMO Lebron is one of the best defenders and passers in the league.  I think he is well above average in most NBA skills. 

OK now make sarcastic comment about me or talk about how dumb I am

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 22, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »
if you are a fan of an entity largely because that entity is good, then that is very funny.  because this is a goddamn kansas state board, for eff's sake.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 22, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
Lebron is one of the best defenders and passers in the league.  I think he is well above average in most NBA skills. 

Doesn't LeBron regularly get abused when playing one-on-one defense?  He's not the most nimble afoot.  I agree that he's above NBA average in many skills, but below NBA superstar average, which is the point I was making.  We'll have to agree to disagree that he's comparable to players like Paul, Nash, and Westbrook as a passer.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 23, 2012, 12:23:59 AM »
i just think he's a huge dork and not someone that i'd want to hang out with. i mean, how in the world can the best nba player be such and incredible dufus? riddle me that one.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 23, 2012, 07:29:17 AM »
i just think he's a huge dork and not someone that i'd want to hang out with. i mean, how in the world can the best nba player be such and incredible dufus? riddle me that one.

And really ugly

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 23, 2012, 10:15:27 AM »

what skills of lebron's are on par with the nba's best?  shooting?  passing?  ball handling?  post play?  no, no, no, and no.

i mean, being a bruiser is not a skill.  it's just something you do because you can.

Being almost the best at everything is much better than being the best at one thing.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:17:04 AM by _33 »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 23, 2012, 11:25:14 AM »

Being almost the best at everything is much better than being the best at one thing.

none of it has anything to do with whether or not someone is fun to watch.  and lebron is not the best at being fun to watch.