Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 246574 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2011, 04:27:09 AM »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Re: Re: NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #276 on: May 26, 2011, 08:06:43 AM »
i know people hate him for whatever reasons, but he is clearly the best player in the world right now

one of the reasons some people hate him is that so many people are so eager to go way overboard with their descriptions of how good he is.  he's the notre dame of the nba.
I don't think calling him the best current player is overboard at all.  Did you hate kobe for the same reason?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 26, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
i know people hate him for whatever reasons, but he is clearly the best player in the world right now

one of the reasons some people hate him is that so many people are so eager to go way overboard with their descriptions of how good he is.  he's the notre dame of the nba.
I don't think calling him the best current player is overboard at all.  Did you hate kobe for the same reason?

saying that he is clearly the best is going way overboard.  you could make a comparable arguments for at least five players.  outside of laker fans, most people have been reluctant to throw that sort of excessive praise at bryant.  if anything, he's been underrated.  james is treated differently based on expectations from long ago - whether he fully lives up to them or not.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 26, 2011, 08:27:08 AM »
Boozer will have to play lights out for the Bulls to have a chance imo
I like the heat in 6  :party:
Looks like this will probably happen  :woot:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2011, 09:02:10 AM »

saying that he is clearly the best is going way overboard.  you could make a comparable arguments for at least five players.  outside of laker fans, most people have been reluctant to throw that sort of excessive praise at bryant.  if anything, he's been underrated.  james is treated differently based on expectations from long ago - whether he fully lives up to them or not.

I don't think it's overboard at all to call James the best player. He obviously is. He put a clownsuit on Rose (and I love how he kept referring to him as "the mvp"). Also, Bryant was underrated because of his off-the-court issues. He was/is rough ridin' amazing.

Some people hate greatness.  :dunno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 26, 2011, 09:10:21 AM »
I don't think it's overboard at all to call James the best player. He obviously is. He put a clownsuit on Rose (and I love how he kept referring to him as "the mvp"). Also, Bryant was underrated because of his off-the-court issues. He was/is rough ridin' amazing.

Some people hate greatness.  :dunno:

he said clearly the best, which is different from the best.  and it's not obvious to me that he's the best.

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 26, 2011, 09:25:57 AM »

So people treat LeBron differently because of expectations that they put on him?
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #282 on: May 26, 2011, 09:32:11 AM »

Some people hate greatness.  :dunno:

he said clearly the best, which is different from the best.  and it's not obvious to me that he's the best.
Well that's because you are biased against him.  The fact that other people think he's amazing makes you think he's worse.  It's part of your contrarian nature and what makes you a great poster.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 26, 2011, 10:09:47 AM »
Yeah, L. James is the best player in the NBA.

Clearly.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 26, 2011, 11:03:55 AM »
A lot of people hate Kobe and LeBron because of comparisons to Michael Jordan, which some people are waaaaaaaaaaaaay to sensitive about.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 26, 2011, 11:10:07 AM »

he said clearly the best, which is different from the best.  and it's not obvious to me that he's the best.
Well that's because you are biased against him.  The fact that other people think he's amazing makes you think he's worse.  It's part of your contrarian nature and what makes you a great poster.

is any player ever clearly "the best?"  lebron or otherwise?  the whole idea seems silly to me.  lebron is a better player than martavious irving by any measure, but is he better than nowitzki?  how do you answer that question?  the fact that my opposition to the statement that he is clearly the best appears to be so controversial when "i know it when i see it" is the only real evidence available says quite a lot about the direction of the lebron bias.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 26, 2011, 11:46:45 AM »

is any player ever clearly "the best?"  lebron or otherwise?  the whole idea seems silly to me.  lebron is a better player than martavious irving by any measure, but is he better than nowitzki?  how do you answer that question?  the fact that my opposition to the statement that he is clearly the best appears to be so controversial when "i know it when i see it" is the only real evidence available says quite a lot about the direction of the lebron bias.

Lebron would clownsuit Dirk.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 26, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »

Lebron would clownsuit Dirk.

what do you mean?  one on one?  i'm not following your Clear Best Player criteria. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 26, 2011, 02:13:38 PM »
He's the best all-around player in the NBA. He does more things extremely well than anyone else. He can guard every position on D and play every position on O. He's the only player you can say that about.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »
He's the best all-around player in the NBA. He does more things extremely well than anyone else. He can guard every position on D and play every position on O. He's the only player you can say that about.

if that's the criteria for comparison, players like chris paul and dwight howard aren't even close to being top 20 players because they're not very versitile. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2011, 03:11:44 PM »
the player that is by far the best is the one that has by far the most people that think he is by far the best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »
the player that is by far the best is the one that has by far the most people that think he is by far the best

spradling!    :love:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »
You know who I hate? Durant lovers. GTFOOMF with those floppy arms.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2011, 04:37:39 PM »
The best players all have rings. I wouldn't call him the best unless he gets at least a couple.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2011, 06:31:47 PM »
You know who I hate? Durant lovers. GTFOOMF with those floppy arms.

And that baby face! It's like watching an overgrown 10-year-old play basketball with a bunch of grown-ups!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2011, 07:15:47 PM »

if that's the criteria for comparison, players like chris paul and dwight howard aren't even close to being top 20 players because they're not very versitile. 

Not really. He's by far the most versatile player in the NBA. You could easily be not very versatile and be in the top 10.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »

Not really. He's by far the most versatile player in the NBA. You could easily be not very versatile and be in the top 10.

okay, that's just a bunch of bullshit.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2011, 09:06:19 PM »
I also hate people who complain about Craig Sager's suits. I mean, is this the first time you've ever watched the NBA ever?  :lol:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2011, 09:59:39 PM »
 :lol:

Hey everyone! Look at Lebron being the best player of all time!!

:lol:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2011, 10:03:11 PM »
the world needs more craig sagers.  lots more.

my only observation about tv people is that charles barkley could not be more amazing.