Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 247731 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2011, 10:56:47 PM »
Does anyone remember Dirk in that lil bow wow movie Like Mike.
He asks lil bow wow to sign something for his "niece".
Lil Bow Wow asks "Whats her name?"
Dirk says "Ummmm, Dirk" lmfao
classic

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »
I hope Chrissy Bosh has another 30 point game tonight!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »
Love that the WNBA commercial features Mostly NBA highlights and players.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2011, 07:56:22 PM »
Why do so many dumbass commentators believe that it is only the less skilled players who can bring energy and toughness to a team?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2011, 07:23:13 AM »
it's not like there's nothing to that.  a guy off the bench can go balls to the wall because he knows he'll being going back to the bench before long.  they also don't have to worry about fouling out for the same reason.

i don't know if james was clutch last night or not, but he's still not a clutch player.  his shooting is so weak it's hard to believe.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2011, 07:57:02 AM »
it's not like there's nothing to that.  a guy off the bench can go balls to the wall because he knows he'll being going back to the bench before long.  they also don't have to worry about fouling out for the same reason.

i don't know if james was clutch last night or not, but he's still not a clutch player.  his shooting is so weak it's hard to believe.

Yeah, he was clutch.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2011, 08:02:23 AM »

Yeah, he was clutch.

clutch usually means end of game, not 3-5 min left.  but whatever, lebron apologists.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2011, 08:28:33 AM »

Yeah, he was clutch.

clutch usually means end of game, not 3-5 min left.  but whatever, lebron apologists.

Meh, he scored 9 in the final 4:30, drove and scored to push the lead from 5 to 7 with less than 90 sec left and then hit a 3 with 45 sec left to ice the game. That's clutch by anyone's definition...except lebron haters.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:41:45 AM by _33 »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2011, 08:49:37 AM »
it's not like there's nothing to that.  a guy off the bench can go balls to the wall because he knows he'll being going back to the bench before long.  they also don't have to worry about fouling out for the same reason.

i don't know if james was clutch last night or not, but he's still not a clutch player.  his shooting is so weak it's hard to believe.

Yeah, he was clutch.

clutch usually means end of game, not 3-5 min left.  but whatever, lebron apologists.

Meh, he scored 9 in the final 4:30, drove and scored to push the lead from 5 to 7 with less than 90 sec left and then hit a 3 with 45 sec left to ice the game. That's clutch by anyone's definition...except lebron haters.

making a 3 with :45 left when you're up by 7 and the shot clock is winding down is not clutch in any way.  there's zero pressure in that situation. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:51:57 AM by chum1 »

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2011, 09:30:30 AM »
it's not like there's nothing to that.  a guy off the bench can go balls to the wall because he knows he'll being going back to the bench before long.  they also don't have to worry about fouling out for the same reason.

i don't know if james was clutch last night or not, but he's still not a clutch player.  his shooting is so weak it's hard to believe.

Yeah, he was clutch.

clutch usually means end of game, not 3-5 min left.  but whatever, lebron apologists.

making a 3 with :45 left when you're up by 7 and the shot clock is winding down is not clutch in any way.  there's zero pressure in that situation. 

Why do they have to be tied or trailing in the final minutes to be considered clutch when he hits a shot?  Just because they are winning doesn't mean that it isn't a big shot.  You listen to Skip Bayless too much.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2011, 09:50:53 AM »

Yeah, he was clutch.

Why do they have to be tied or trailing in the final minutes to be considered clutch when he hits a shot?  Just because they are winning doesn't mean that it isn't a big shot.  You listen to Skip Bayless too much.

fine.  he's clutch.  he's just not very good in high pressure situations.  better?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2011, 10:12:48 AM »

Yeah, he was clutch.

fine.  he's clutch.  he's just not very good in high pressure situations.  better?

He and the Heat were not good this year at the end of games. That is true. That seems to be changing in the playoffs though and wasn't a factor with James in his career before this season.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2011, 11:44:17 AM »
The whole thing about the Heat/Lebron on last second shots is such an overdone talking point.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2011, 12:21:05 PM »
The White Mamba is on the prowl again tonight.  CAN"T WAIT.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2011, 02:59:38 PM »
Udonis Haslem!   :emawkid:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2011, 04:20:52 PM »
Whenever they show NBA coaches halftime speeches or talking in the huddle during a timeout it makes me think I could be an NBA coach.

OMG, so true. It's like, seriously? Why even bother talking?

Also, LOL @ LeBron haters. What a bunch of losers. :lol:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »

is there someone better to hate?  because i'm certainly not going to be the kind of loser that wants everyone to play their best.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2011, 08:14:48 PM »

is there someone better to hate?  because i'm certainly not going to be the kind of loser that wants everyone to play their best.
Andrew Bynum

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
Boom, thunder up!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 21, 2011, 09:44:25 PM »
Feels good to have been one of the first aboard the Westbrook sucks train. He's like Rajon Rondo only he shoots and misses a lot more, can't pass, and turns it over a ton.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »
James Harden is a disgusting human being. I agree with JVG that there should be fines handed down from the league office for plays like that.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:20:42 PM by _33 »

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2011, 01:49:43 AM »
eat crap, OK_Cat

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
Love that Noah gets so overly excited and intense that he picks up 2 fouls within the first few minute every game.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »
Bosh must have gotten tired of people referring to them as the "Big 2 and a Half". Absolutely incredible game for him.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:13 AM »
did lebron finish w/ a triple double last night?  didn't finish the last 4 or so minutes.