Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 246417 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »
LeBron making chum1 look like a fool.

how so?  he's a current top ten player, but he's hyped like he's the greatest of all time.  congrats to him for being clutch for once.  it was bound to happen sometime.

Fine. I'm probably overhyping him a little right now because I hate the celtics so much. But you are underhyping him. You put Dirk and Carmelo over him.

dirk might be the best player in the game right now.  there's a bunch of stuff out now about how his stats are comparable to the all time greats. 

Like over 25 ppg and 10 rpg through an entire playoff series? Yeah, only 4 people have ever done that.

Dirk is an all-time great. Lebron will be, but only because of the hype. He won't have the stats to back it up.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2011, 09:58:26 PM »

how so?  he's a current top ten player, but he's hyped like he's the greatest of all time.  congrats to him for being clutch for once.  it was bound to happen sometime.

Fine. I'm probably overhyping him a little right now because I hate the celtics so much. But you are underhyping him. You put Dirk and Carmelo over him.

dirk might be the best player in the game right now.  there's a bunch of stuff out now about how his stats are comparable to the all time greats. 

Yeah. He had a nice little series.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »

Like over 25 ppg and 10 rpg through an entire playoff series? Yeah, only 4 people have ever done that.

Dirk is an all-time great. Lebron will be, but only because of the hype. He won't have the stats to back it up.

Dirk is averaging 26.5 pts and 8.4 rebs in the playoffs. LeBron is averaging 24.5 pts and 9.1 rebs in the playoffs.

LeBron is also averaging twice as many steals, twice as many assists, three times more blocks and half the turnovers.

Probably the stat keepers are just blinded by the "hype".    :lol:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »
it's his career stats that people are talking about. reg season and playoff.

james exposed himself when he joined the heat because wade is clearly the better player.

man, perkins just acts like a bitch these days.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2011, 10:34:58 PM »
it's his career stats that people are talking about. reg season and playoff.

james exposed himself when he joined the heat because wade is clearly the better player.

man, perkins just acts like a bitch these days.

The only statistical category in which Dirk is better than LeBron in reg season or playoffs is rpg. James averages more ppg, assists (by a lot), steals, blocks and shoots a higher %.   :dunno:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2011, 10:35:41 PM »
_33's squawklike tendencies are really showing in this thread :shakesfist:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2011, 10:36:19 PM »
James overall year: FG% - .506 and 3ptFG% - .325

Nowitzki overall this year: FG% - .515 and 3ptFG% - .415

Lebron takes a lot more shots, so yeah, he'll get more points. Lebron is a better defender, I agree. I'm not saying James is bad, he's definitely one of the best in the league. But comparing him to Michael Jordan? Don't you think that's a pretty big leap? (I know you didn't, but you seem to be taking the side that he's all all-time great)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2011, 10:44:10 PM »

Lebron takes a lot more shots, so yeah, he'll get more points. Lebron is a better defender, I agree. I'm not saying James is bad, he's definitely one of the best in the league. But comparing him to Michael Jordan? Don't you think that's a pretty big leap? (I know you didn't, but you seem to be taking the side that he's all all-time great)

I never said anything about him being an all-time great. I'm just refuting your statement that somehow Dirk's stats backed up his status while Lebron's status was due to hype. Obviously their stats are pretty comparable with James' being slightly better in most categories.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »

I never said anything about him being an all-time great. I'm just refuting your statement that somehow Dirk's stats backed up his status while Lebron's status was due to hype. Obviously their stats are pretty comparable with James' being slightly better in most categories.

Yeah, but Lebron's status is much, much higher than Dirk's. Do you think if Dirk became a free agent and switched teams that there would be a "Decision"? Does anyone call him "King Nowitzki"? They are comparable players, and everyone and their mom could tell you who Lebron James is and a lot fewer could tell you who Nowitzki is. I mean, still a lot of people, but much less than people who know Lebron.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2011, 10:53:54 PM »

Yeah, but Lebron's status is much, much higher than Dirk's. Do you think if Dirk became a free agent and switched teams that there would be a "Decision"? Does anyone call him "King Nowitzki"? They are comparable players, and everyone and their mom could tell you who Lebron James is and a lot fewer could tell you who Nowitzki is. I mean, still a lot of people, but much less than people who know Lebron.

Yeah, lebron is more marketable.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2011, 11:03:22 PM »

He outed himself as a n00b with all of the "OMG, I'm watching the NBA playoffs and they're so great!" posts above.  But anyone who doesn't understand the magnitude of the LeBron Hype is pretty clueless.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2011, 11:10:54 PM »

He outed himself as a n00b with all of the "OMG, I'm watching the NBA playoffs and they're so great!" posts above.  But anyone who doesn't understand the magnitude of the LeBron Hype is pretty clueless.

It doesn't get any more squawklike than constantly bitching about the "lebron hype".   :rolleyes:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2011, 11:16:08 PM »

It doesn't get any more squawklike than constantly bitching about the "lebron hype".   :rolleyes:

Who's bitching?  I just want to see him faceplant because it would be epically funny.  I don't understand anyone outside of Miami who doesn't.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »
i mean what kind of a chaw-chewin', hee-haw watchin' respect says "Thunder Up" anyway?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2011, 11:29:52 PM »

I just want to see him faceplant because it would be epically funny.

Why? His ego? JFC chum how tight is your shirt tucked right now?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2011, 11:45:04 PM »

All NBA players have out of control egos.  Did you see the celebration after the trade?  Not winning a title after that stuff would be a gigantic faceplant.  And that would be absolutely comical to "witness."  If you don't understand about pulling for someone to fail, then maybe your shirt is tucked too tight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9lZflXsgU&feature=related  

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2011, 11:56:18 PM »
i mean what kind of a chaw-chewin', hee-haw watchin' respect says "Thunder Up" anyway?

eff does that even mean. what's the reasoning here

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »

All NBA players have out of control egos.  Did you see the celebration after the trade?  Not winning a title after that stuff would be a gigantic faceplant.  And that would be absolutely comical to "witness."  If you don't understand about pulling for someone to fail, then maybe your shirt is tucked too tight?

Well, you're definitely with the majority on this one. Not very chum1-like but whatever.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2011, 12:04:58 AM »

Well, you're definitely with the majority on this one. Not very chum1-like but whatever.

yeah. sounds pretty lame. of course all nba players have out of control ego's. they are on top of the world and up to their necks in primetime pussy and cash money. good for them. go lebron. go dirk. go cats.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2011, 12:29:54 AM »

yeah. sounds pretty lame. of course all nba players have out of control ego's. they are on top of the world and up to their necks in primetime pussy and cash money. good for them. go lebron. go dirk. go cats.

Yeah, I was saying that the ego thing wasn't why I was rooting against James because it's not a distinguishing characteristic.  I'm rooting for the faceplant.  I disagree that's a majority view.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2011, 12:34:35 AM »
Also, if anything is shirt-tucky, wouldn't it be watching only to see "good basketball" and not hating on anyone?

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »
king james  :love:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2011, 09:03:55 AM »

NOT YOUR RIVALS!  :shakesfist:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »
Hmmm... people are still watching the playoffs? Would've thought people would have lost interest since the Sixers aren't in anymore. Funny...

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
Heat vs. Bulls
Lets GO HEAT!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.