Author Topic: KU Ticket Scandal(Dax bait thread)  (Read 5670 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU Ticket Scandal(Dax bait thread)
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:16:58 AM »
With a few of the smaller players already sent off to prison is this thing over yet?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU Ticket Scandal(Dax bait thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:28:27 AM »
Probably . . . big props to Lew Perkins and Roger Morningstar.

Lew counts his millions, while underlings head off to prison.   He's old, he forgot things . . . light up another cigar Lew!! :cheers:

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 08:31:36 AM »
Probably . . . big props to Lew Perkins and Roger Morningstar.

Lew counts his millions, while underlings head off to prison.   He's old, he forgot things . . . light up another cigar Lew!! :cheers:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 11:05:19 AM »
Lew is so rough ridin' EMAW.  If he were just skinnier/better looking he would probably move to Riley Co.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 04:36:50 PM »
Didn't I read that Roger Morningstar made like $800,000 from the ticket scheme?   How do you skim that much money away from a collegiate athletic department and escape prosecution?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »
There were/are so many Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) rough ridin' rumors flying around about this whole thing.  The FBI did a full investigation.  It's not the NCAA.  It's the rough ridin' F.B.I.  If Lew and Morningstar (and anybody else for that matter)were involved at any level, they would've been charged.  Period.  You don't buy/influence your way out of an FBI investigation.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 10:50:22 PM »
There were/are so many Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) rough ridin' rumors flying around about this whole thing.  The FBI did a full investigation.  It's not the NCAA.  It's the rough ridin' F.B.I.  If Lew and Morningstar (and anybody else for that matter)were involved at any level, they would've been charged.  Period.  You don't buy/influence your way out of an FBI investigation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
Just like people think the Securities and Exchange Commission don't mess up sometimes

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »
J. Edgar Hoover ain't runnin the G-Men anymore Rams.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 08:13:17 AM »
Just like people think the Securities and Exchange Commission don't mess up sometimes
First of all, the SEC is underfunded, understaffed and, more often than not, has some sort of conflict of interest.  The FBI is none of these.  Secondly, if the SEC starts an investigation, they usually get their guy.  The FBI did an investigation here and came up with nothing.

Look, if you want to assume that a former university athletics director and a former college basketball player/sporting goods rep/real estate investor somehow outsmarted or bribed or otherwise slipped through the grasp of the FBI, that's fine.  I choose not to give them that much credit.  The more likely story is that the feds cast a WIDE net with their investigation and rumors started flying.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 07:08:20 PM »
So you think Lew managed to talk his way out of an investigation by the FBI?

Really?

:lick:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 07:19:41 PM »
So you think Lew managed to talk his way out of an investigation by the FBI?

Really?

:lick:

You really pick your spots these days.  Wiley veteran move.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
Is the FBI even done, when do they go after the other benefactors of these tickets?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
Is the FBI even done, when do they go after the other benefactors of these tickets?

Couldn't get anyone to roll over so they are taking convictions of who they can get?

:dunno:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 09:40:17 PM »

Couldn't get anyone to roll over so they are taking convictions of who they can get?

Come on people...this is FEDERAL rough ridin' PRISON we're talking about here!!!  And not just a weekend stay.  If any of these fools had anyone to roll over on they would've done it before they were even charged.

Let's stop being so 'tardish about this and just accept the fact that there clearly wasn't any legal dirt on Lew or it would've come out by now.  He's a big fish.  They caught a lot of little fish that would've had a world of information on Lew and gladly spilled to get reduced sentences if they would've had ANYTHING to spill.  This really isn't that complicated.  :dunno:

I mean, are we really implying that Lew is so powerful and intimidating/revered and loved that no one would give him up even it meant spending less time in federal prison?  Really?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »

Come on people...this is FEDERAL effING PRISON we're talking about here!!!  And not just a weekend stay.  If any of these fools had anyone to roll over on they would've done it before they were even charged.

Let's stop being so 'tardish about this and just accept the fact that there clearly wasn't any legal dirt on Lew or it would've come out by now.  He's a big fish.  They caught a lot of little fish that would've had a world of information on Lew and gladly spilled to get reduced sentences if they would've had ANYTHING to spill.  This really isn't that complicated.  :dunno:

I mean, are we really implying that Lew is so powerful and intimidating/revered and loved that no one would give him up even it meant spending less time in federal prison?  Really?

I think we all knew from the outset that Lew wouldn't do time.  You don't have to talk your way out of a situation that you can't be tied to.  Lew walked with Millions from the university and the 20 something low level AD employee got hard time.  I was more curious if Dax had heard anything in regards to the FBI finishing an investigation, which it would appear no one really knows.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 10:10:08 PM »
We get it already Rams, but quit acting like never in the history of Federal Investigations they haven't gone far enough.   Hell, the networks fill hours of programs on just those very things.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »

Come on people...this is FEDERAL effING PRISON we're talking about here!!!  And not just a weekend stay.  If any of these fools had anyone to roll over on they would've done it before they were even charged.

I could care less if they get Lew.  I wanted evidence of ticket money going to players.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 11:09:49 PM »

I could care less if they get Lew.  I wanted evidence of ticket money going to players.

really all that would have mattered in the end.  also why most kansas fans don't care about this.   i take some solace in the fact that lew dumped gill on kansas and this probably screwed up some of bill self's recruiting mechanisms for a while.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 05:37:47 AM »
Well, the only people charged so far are AD employees, but there's more people involved than people working inside the ku athletic dept.  If there is any type of justice, there will be more to come.

Offline wildcat1979

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
I don't give any of those co-conspirators long to live. There's a lot of KU fans in prison.