Author Topic: Frank Interview???  (Read 1541 times)

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Frank Interview???
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »
Did Frank do a interview with Tim Brando this week? Swear I heard that mentioned somewhere? If I could only remember where or at the very least find that rare link or article mentioning an interview with Tim Brando...

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Interview???
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:32:03 PM »
I heard grumblings of this as well, think it's bullshit.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »
Don't think so.  :dunno:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »
Maybe if we're lucky someone will have a write up about it in tomorrow's news, or at the very least an article that references the alleged interview. you know maybe throw in a quote or two from it and then build an article around it.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
Was that the guy in Apocolypse Now? He's got to be really old. Never knew he was into sports.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »
Martin addresses coaching carousel
A couple excerpts from Frank Martin's interview this morning on Tim Brando's radio show:

Brando: Your name keeps popping up with Vegas, it's popping up a little bit with Miami. Frank, are you involved at all with any other jobs or is K-State where you are going to be for quite some time?

Martin: "No one has called me, Tim. I've got a great job. I work with great people. I look at it like this: 10 years ago as we speak, I was a Division I unemployed assistant basketball coach collecting no paychecks, having no idea how I was going to pay my rent or my son's daycare bill. Ten years later, I'm at a great place. If people want to throw our name out there, I look at that as a compliment and I look at that as being lucky and fortunate that I'm in a good place right now and that people out there respect what we've done.
"But, I haven't talked to anybody. In this business, it's hard to ever sit back and say 'never say never,' because then you get called a liar. I have a tough time lying. It's not what I do. But I'm extremely happy. I'm not going to tell you there's never going to be change, but I'm at peace where I'm at right now."
Brando: "You're at a place that gives a damn, and I think that's important to coaches. They work for people who really do care about their program ... Sometimes the grass isn't always greener, is it?"
Martin: "I'm not one to brag. I rarely speak about myself or opportunities I've had. I'm not at Kansas State right now because I haven't had opportunities to make more money elsewhere. I'm at Kansas State right now because of what you're talking about. We've got an incredible community. It's a great university. I remember getting here five years ago and everyone saying, 'Why are you guys going there? Why would you go there?'
"In my five years here, I continue to learn about the incredible history and tradition of this basketball program. It's our mission to continue to build it and hopefully be able to get back to the level it had once upon a time."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »
Was that the guy in Apocolypse Now? He's got to be really old. Never knew he was into sports.

Can't be. Didn't that guy die while chasing his grandson through a bunch of drying laundry?

Offline wildcatnation7

• Fan
  • "JACOB PUUUUULLLLLLENNNN FOR THREEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »
yessir he did, here you go... http://sportingnewsradio.com/audioplayer/?id=59470

you're welcome:)
"My Man Jacob Pullen has the beard of a billy goat!"