Author Topic: gas prices  (Read 11229 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: gas prices
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2011, 01:21:21 PM »
looking at the costs per gallon or mileage on trucks is stupid.

The real impact is the higher prices for food, clothing, consumer goods because of the higher fuel price to ship those items to the dumps we live in. Much bigger impact on the monthly budget than the difference between $3.00/gal and $4.00/gal.

Yeah, what will we do when the cost of a loaf of bread goes up $0.20, produce goes up $0.10 per pound, etc? I won't pay the extra $20-$30 per month on groceries, that's for sure. I'll probably just starve. :frown:

It most certainly won't affect all of the Warren Buffets on goEMAW, but it will definitely affect poor families. Gas and food are probably #1 and #2 expenses behind rent.

Poor families get food stamps.

They are going to need more. We need to start considering the KU fans and how hyper-inflation is going to affect them.

They already get more than they really need.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »
would nuking china help us?  I say we do it.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »

Yes, but then everything we use that is made in China would necessarily skyrocket in price. I think the better idea would be nuke India. We would suddenly add millions of call center jobs and eliminate a huge demand for oil.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2011, 09:19:22 PM »

Yes, but then everything we use that is made in China would necessarily skyrocket in price. I think the better idea would be nuke India. We would suddenly add millions of call center jobs and eliminate a huge demand for oil.

The price of crude curry would skyrocket.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »

I'm thinking a two part solution.  Nuke china to reduce the demand of oil, and then manufacturers would have to bring their production back to the US.  makes gas cheaper and creates US jobs. 

Fire up the nukes!

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2011, 01:50:41 PM »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2011, 10:00:06 PM »

The real impact is the higher prices for food, clothing, consumer goods because of the higher fuel price to ship those items to the dumps we live in. Much bigger impact on the monthly budget than the difference between $3.00/gal and $4.00/gal.

Yeah, what will we do when the cost of a loaf of bread goes up $0.20, produce goes up $0.10 per pound, etc? I won't pay the extra $20-$30 per month on groceries, that's for sure. I'll probably just starve. :frown:

It most certainly won't affect all of the Warren Buffets on goEMAW, but it will definitely affect poor families. Gas Booze and food Drugs are probably #1 and #2 expenses behind rent cigarettes.

FYP
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »

It most certainly won't affect all of the Warren Buffets on goEMAW, but it will definitely affect poor families. Gas Booze and food Drugs are probably #1 and #2 expenses behind rent cigarettes.

FYP

I wasn't referring to Obama's liberal base, more the hardworking, truly needy families.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »

It most certainly won't affect all of the Warren Buffets on goEMAW, but it will definitely affect poor families. Gas and food are probably #1 and #2 expenses behind rent.

I know you're just being intentionally dumb..and that is funny and all...but its more of a tragedy when a family is doing fairly well..and then they go into poverty...rather than just staying poor their whole lives. So if I were to show numbers which illustrated this trend...would that change your "poor families get this and that" idiotic viewpoint?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2011, 03:13:29 PM »

I know you're just being intentionally dumb..and that is funny and all...but its more of a tragedy when a family is doing fairly well..and then they go into poverty...rather than just staying poor their whole lives. So if I were to show numbers which illustrated this trend...would that change your "poor families get this and that" idiotic viewpoint?

Families are going into poverty because of the job market. That has nothing to do with $3.70 gasoline or food prices.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2011, 07:33:44 PM »

Families are going into poverty because of the job market. That has nothing to do with $3.70 gasoline or food prices.

gas prices are a symptom of a much greater problem, it has everything to do with poverty
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd