Author Topic: Between the Lines with BITB  (Read 205279 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
610 mid day has become better than Soren.

Just throwing that out there.

Yup. Wish parkins and carrington would take over the afternoon gig. I cant stand "The big show".

Yeah that is unbearable. That guy from Wisconsin has the worst cadence in the biz. He always pauses in the middle of sentences, and then does not pause in between sentences. It's insufferable. And the other guy sounds like he smokes cigarettes all the time. Jayce Pearson is alright but most of his points seem pretty elementary/shallow.

Pearson is a rough ridin' dumpster fire right along with his co-hosts. He knows absolutely nothing about any sport or local team, and his opinions on the Chiefs, which should obviously be his wheelhouse, are no more informed than, say, Jack Harry's. Pearson is just awful.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2013, 01:27:01 PM »
Regardless of which side of the Weber issue you fall, you are a huge dumbass if you think Weber will be gone in 3 yrs now that he won the Big12.

There are some (unlikely) scenarios in which I could see that happening. There is no such thing as good will in sports. I will want Weber fired after next season if he somehow manages to miss the NCAA tournament. Failing to make the tournament 3 years in a row would easily get him fired.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2013, 01:56:42 PM »
this list was based purely on ability to win basketball games and recruit talent.

It this is the case and you are looking what they will do in the future

1. Self - alone at the top

2. Drew  -both young guys that have proven they can recruit and should get better at the in game stuff
3. Ford   

4. Barnes
5. Huggins -looks like their best days are behind them
6. Kruger

7. Hoiberg  -Doesn't recruit well enough to go with Drew or Ford, doesn't have the track record of the Over the Hill gang  and will be a perennial bubble team just like ISU has been for 30 years

8. Weber - Only bubble quality teams with his own recruits, early recruiting suggests that will not change  :frown:

9. Walker - Not sure he will even have a job next week

10. Johnson - Grabbing one more HM paycheck

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »
Huggs and Barnes have had great careers.  Pretty safe to say they're both trending down hard right now.

Huggs was in the 2nd round last year and the Sweet 16 the year before that. I think this season is more an anomaly than an indication that he's trending down.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 12, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »

Huggs was in the 2nd round last year and the Sweet 16 the year before that. I think this season is more an anomaly than an indication that he's trending down.

No. 

With Beilein's players, he was (07-08) Sweet Sixteen, (08-09) 1st Round (09-10) Final Four.  With his own players, he was (10-11) 2nd Round, (11-12) 1st Round, (12-13) train wreck.  (13-14) doesn't appear to be much better, probably a bubble team at best, considering his fairly average recruiting class coming in. 

Clearly a good coach.  Just, at this point in his career, he's trending downward.  Maybe he'll turn it around.  I dunno. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »

No. 

With Beilein's players, he was (07-08) Sweet Sixteen, (08-09) 1st Round (09-10) Final Four.  With his own players, he was (10-11) 2nd Round, (11-12) 1st Round, (12-13) train wreck.  (13-14) doesn't appear to be much better, probably a bubble team at best, considering his fairly average recruiting class coming in. 

Clearly a good coach.  Just, at this point in his career, he's trending downward.  Maybe he'll turn it around.  I dunno.

crap, I forgot they're calling the play-in round the "first round" now so I was giving him credit for an extra win the last two years. My bad.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »
I love the hell of Hugs but he is in the twilight of his career.  I wonder if his health is hurting him on the recruiting trail?

Barnes is just getting destroyed in Texas by Drew in what should be the late prime of his career, it would be good for the league if could land some studs.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2013, 03:33:31 PM »
can't really post a transcript of it but BITB has been a treat for the last twenty minutes just pounding Jack Harry into the ground about the Chiefs recent QB acquisitions.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2013, 03:37:24 PM »
can't really post a transcript of it but BITB has been a treat for the last twenty minutes just pounding Jack Harry into the ground about the Chiefs recent QB acquisitions.

Yeah, yesterday he was a little bit more passive about the Daniel acquisition but he was with Holthus. Holthus was basically playing the "dont shoot the messenger" card and saying none of the players were officially signed
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 13, 2013, 03:47:18 PM »
Kietz is really upset about passing on Geno.  Odd, considering how he destroyed the kid after the KSU beatdown in Morgantown. 

simple facts.  chiefs think Alex is better than Geno.  chiefs think Geno will be a middling, average NFL QB, around which a franchise should not be built. 

everybody gets this except BITB.   

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 13, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »
Kietz is really upset about passing on Geno.  Odd, considering how he destroyed the kid after the KSU beatdown in Morgantown. 

simple facts.  chiefs think Alex is better than Geno.  chiefs think Geno will be a middling, average NFL QB, around which a franchise should not be built. 

Good thing they picked up Alex Smith, a middling, average NFL QB.

mods move to chiefs thread if you want.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 13, 2013, 03:58:02 PM »

Good thing they picked up Alex Smith, a middling, average NFL QB.

mods move to chiefs thread if you want.

Right, Geno = Alex.  Difference is that we get Alex for a lot cheaper than Geno and we also keep the 1st overall draft pick. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 13, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
Hey Belvis meet me in the Chiefs thread in 5 minutes mm k bro.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 13, 2013, 04:13:32 PM »
Hey Belvis meet me in the Chiefs thread in 5 minutes mm k bro.

:clac:

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 13, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »
KK is funny sometimes. i like him and at the same time totally disagree with him at times.  At times, he just blabs something without knowing if it is 100% true or not.   

KC did exactly what he wanted on the Bowe/Albert situation and he still is up on arms that the Chiefs should at least consider drafting Geno...and possibly trade him.  He clearly isn't excited about Joekel. I don't think he would be excited about any Def. player either.
Only thing that would make him him happy is draft Geno. And either keep him or trade him to someone in the top 10 formore picks

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 13, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »
KK is funny sometimes. i like him and at the same time totally disagree with him at times.  At times, he just blabs something without knowing if it is 100% true or not.   

KC did exactly what he wanted on the Bowe/Albert situation and he still is up on arms that the Chiefs should at least consider drafting Geno...and possibly trade him.  He clearly isn't excited about Joekel. I don't think he would be excited about any Def. player either.
Only thing that would make him him happy is draft Geno. And either keep him or trade him to someone in the top 10 formore picks
Why would anyone consider drafting Geno anywhere in the draft, let alone with the #1 over pick. He was a garbage player in college. KK is an idiot.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 13, 2013, 05:54:47 PM »

To be fair, why should the Joekel possibility excite any Chiefs fan? Woof.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #392 on: March 13, 2013, 08:10:21 PM »
The one thing Soren has right is that recruiting is a big part of coaching.  can't evaluate the worth of a coach w/o looking at his players. 

i would tend to agree, and he did say that if oscar weber can recruit better here than he did at Illinois then he would climb up the list, but he was very unimpressed with weber's recruiting so far.

Has anyone watched Illinois play this year?  Would take that talent.  Their starting 5 are as talented as any of the misfit big 12 teams this season.  GMAFB.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 13, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »
this list was based purely on ability to win basketball games and recruit talent.

2. Drew  -both young guys that have proven they can recruit and should get better at the in game stuff
3. Ford   

4. Barnes
6. Kruger

7. Hoiberg  -Doesn't recruit well enough to go with Drew or Ford, doesn't have the track record of the Over the Hill gang  and will be a perennial bubble team just like ISU has been for 30 years

8. Weber - Only bubble quality teams with his own recruits, early recruiting suggests that will not change  :frown:

Ford in the top 3? Did you miss "ability to win games" in that post you quoted?

Also these lists are :opcat: my dude Chris Walker owns cHuggins

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 13, 2013, 10:16:58 PM »

3. Ford   

4. Barnes
6. Kruger

Ford in the top 3? Did you miss "ability to win games" in that post you quoted?

Also these lists are :opcat: my dude Chris Walker owns cHuggins

It was the worst MIR.  He was all over the place in his reasoning.  Basically, if you were over 50 he only took into account what happened this year, unless it was Weber, then it was all about the past 5 years.  If you were under 50, it was about your rivals ratings on recruits in the last couple years; on court results are completely irrelevant.  Hoiberg was assed out because he recruits too many transfers (thus no rivals stars) and winning is irrelevant.  He sort of mentioned that Ford and Drew completely miss the tournament every other year, but that doesn't matter cause they always get 5 stars.   Kruger, Barnes and Huggins are old, so they suck. Doesn't care that they have like 2000 wins between them.  Old=suck.   :flush:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »

Olinemen aren't exactly sexy picks but having a very good one can pay huge dividends. Joekel has the promise of anchoring their line for the next decade and that's a good thing.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 14, 2013, 08:36:34 AM »

Olinemen aren't exactly sexy picks but having a very good one can pay huge dividends. Joekel has the promise of anchoring their line for the next decade and that's a good thing.

Stanbot commented at one time the LHCBS built his offense with the O-line as the foundation, with the reasoning skill players look skilled if the O-line can block.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 14, 2013, 09:47:58 AM »
He sort of mentioned that Ford and Drew completely miss the tournament every other year, but that doesn't matter cause they always get 5 stars.   

Didn't realize Drew - XII's 2nd best coach - is in 10th season at Baylor. 

2003-2007, garbage.  No postseason.
2007-present, volatile.  2 Elite 8s, but also 2 NITs and 1 missed postseason.

Soren may be a bit off.   

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 14, 2013, 11:32:57 AM »
I enjoy hating on Drew because he seems really douchy but in his defense Baylor was as bad as it gets when he got there.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #399 on: March 14, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »
When discussing Soren Petro, if he's not talking about pro sports betting, you can pretty much ignore everything he says.  When he discusses college athletics, it eventually morphs into something related to professional sports and/or betting.

All of that is fine, but if you're looking for intelligent, in-depth analysis of Big 12 Basketball, Soren isn't very good at it.  Well, it isn't until he gets Gottleib on the phone.