Author Topic: Between the Lines with BITB  (Read 207670 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #1225 on: March 14, 2017, 01:42:37 PM »
I feel like this "we've got the $6 million" is just a ruse for Brad to bilk OSU for more money when they redo his contract.

This is what is probably happening. Pretty depressing that Brad is able to play us like a fiddle from Stillwater

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 14, 2017, 01:46:13 PM »
As much as I want to believe all of this and that it'll lead to some maneuverings, I have to think the most likely outcome is oscar's return and let the new AD deal with it. Am I missing something here?

Yes. If you were the new AD would you prefer to have to evaluate Oscar in person once you take the job or would you prefer an open slate?  Firing Oscar before we hire an AD makes the AD position more attractive.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 14, 2017, 01:52:19 PM »
Guys we know that we're stuck with Oscar one more year.  Maybe Brad is using this opportunity to rework the contract for 2 things.  A yuuuuugggggeeeee pay raise and a super secret poison pill that lets him out after next year. 

But it's just business.  He knows we're both stuck and Currie mumped up what could be a beautiful thing with his selfish actions.  Let him get his money.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 14, 2017, 02:04:34 PM »
Why to people keep saying the donors have the money for buyouts.  I've heard it multiple times on the radio. Will we really spend all that money to fire oscar and bring in Brad?
We are burning up the fball HC war chest getting Brad back knowing Jim Leavitt will work for $17.50 /hour

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 14, 2017, 02:34:04 PM »
Guys I love Brad and think he's great and will be really good... but I'm not sure he's done anything to warrant a major contract renegotiation. He took a team that under performed last year and had success, but he's got some solid players. Picked 7th and finished 5th is solid, but I'm not sure where the idea is coming from that he will rework his deal with OSU.

And I'm not sure he's worth a $6 mil buyout and like michigan said, I don't see any guarantee that he would have a long stay at K-State with success. Don't get me wrong, I'd be glad to fire oscar and have him next year, but I'm not sure if its worth $6 mil.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: March 14, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »
Guys I love Brad and think he's great and will be really good... but I'm not sure he's done anything to warrant a major contract renegotiation.

what he did to warrant a major contract renegotiation is sign a super shitty deal the year before.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 14, 2017, 02:42:29 PM »
Guys I love Brad and think he's great and will be really good... but I'm not sure he's done anything to warrant a major contract renegotiation.

what he did to warrant a major contract renegotiation is sign a super shitty deal the year before.

That's his/his agent's fault.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 14, 2017, 02:43:50 PM »
sometimes when you made a mistake a year prior you can fix it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 14, 2017, 02:48:38 PM »
If Weiberg is hired as the AD, Underwood will come back to MHK, eventually.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 14, 2017, 03:19:11 PM »
Guys I love Brad and think he's great and will be really good... but I'm not sure he's done anything to warrant a major contract renegotiation. He took a team that under performed last year and had success, but he's got some solid players. Picked 7th and finished 5th is solid, but I'm not sure where the idea is coming from that he will rework his deal with OSU.

because it is assumed some team is going to come after him and offer him more than the 1 mil he is making this year, and 1.1 he's set to make next year.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 14, 2017, 03:49:13 PM »
Underwood ain't worth $8 million plus bucks in his first 12 months on the job.

If we're going to spend that kind of money, then let's effing swing for the effing fences and Brad Underwood ain't swingin for the fences.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 14, 2017, 04:00:18 PM »
Phil Jackson it is, Tex Winters can sit behind him like old times.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 14, 2017, 04:15:17 PM »

If we're going to spend that kind of money, then let's effing swing for the effing fences and Brad Underwood ain't swingin for the fences.

I guess, but almost all evidence has shown that the best power 5 that will move is a Buzz/Frank level guy and that there is a pretty limited inventory of those guys.

I mean I could make a list of guys that have done it and probably 90%+ are guys re-setting the clock or going home. The rest are either going to a blue blood or taking a huge pay raise. I can't even think of a school that has stolen a power 5 coach with just a huge pay raise from another power 5 school.

Now, going and getting a Forbes or Jank or whatever mid major coach or a major assistant is fundamentally different and more risky. Not saying it isn't preferable considering the limit of power 5 candidates, but let's not pretend we are going and getting a current attractive power 5 HC, the absolute best case would be poaching Buzz who seems to want to re-set the clock whenever he can or a crappy SEC coach like Andy Kennedy or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 14, 2017, 04:18:37 PM »

Then the list is Greg Marshall and that is it. If he is successful I would see him leave quickly, so ROI would be quickly cap sized.

Offline Three Fingers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 14, 2017, 04:21:29 PM »
$6 million goes a long way towards tha South Endzone project.  Also buys most of that new soccer stadium.

Just sayin

There will be some news about that South end zone project coming out soon.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 14, 2017, 04:29:37 PM »
Guys, we can rebuild our program.
We have the technology.

Better.
Stronger.
Faster.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 14, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »
If we're laying that kind of cheese on the line, $4 million for Larry Brown, $750k for lawyers for the impending litigation defending our title, $1m for a recruiting discretionary fund, and $250k MCMW restitution fund.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 14, 2017, 04:42:05 PM »
give all money to Brent Venzy to come be the DC until Snyder wants to let Brent drive, keep oscar, and i'm fine with all that.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 14, 2017, 04:49:53 PM »
Jesus, I bet the Iowa St. huckster's are just drooling about this thread and the money we can throw around..  :kstategrad:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 14, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »
give all money to Brent Venzy to come be the DC until Snyder wants to let Brent drive, keep oscar, and i'm fine with all that.

I mean everyone would be fine with this.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: March 14, 2017, 04:58:39 PM »

I'd keep oscar is we get Venzy AND Leavitt to come home.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 14, 2017, 05:03:27 PM »

by fine i meant i'd never say an ill word about oscar ever again, #teambruce4life

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 14, 2017, 05:15:26 PM »
If the big donors are that upset and want to pony up 3-4M of that 6M....Then that's where it starts. If you want something bad enough, you will give extra $$ to get what you want.  If enough donors pitch in extra $$ than they normally wouldnt give, because they want Brad....I wouldn't have a big issue with it

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 14, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »
gregg said no to texas but i can totally see him coming here

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 14, 2017, 05:51:30 PM »
what's buzz williams' buyout? easier to recruit TX from Manhattan