Author Topic: #1 recruit comparison  (Read 7309 times)

Offline TrueBlueHawk

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: #1 recruit comparison
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 12:24:58 AM »
dear jayhawk fans:

please review top players for the past 5 or so years before you next post.  Selby is doing something none of them have.

Or I can do it for you

04 D Howard = HS to NBA
05 G Green = HS to NBA
06 G Oden = 1 done
07 M Beasley = 1 done
08 B Mullens = 1 done
09 J Wall = 1 done
10 Selby = back up's back up.  Was called a effing pussy by his coach on local radio because of his non existent ankle injury

Yet again, already aware of this.  Bring something new to the table please.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 10:25:30 AM »
Guys, I feel like maybe the title of this thread isn't clear enough.  What is it that we're comparing again?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 09:14:28 PM »
dear jayhawk fans:

please review top players for the past 5 or so years before you next post.  Selby is doing something none of them have.

Or I can do it for you

04 D Howard = HS to NBA
05 G Green = HS to NBA
06 G Oden = 1 done
07 M Beasley = 1 done
08 B Mullens = 1 done
09 J Wall = 1 done
10 Selby = back up's back up.  Was called a effing pussy by his coach on local radio because of his non existent ankle injury

Yet again, already aware of this.  Bring something new to the table please.

Hmm. You're right. I stand corrected. I thought I remembered beasley being lower than #1. My mistake. My point still holds true though. When you look at our team's recruiting classes year in and year out, you shouldn't be the ones criticizing.

some of you aren't getting it.  I think he was too busy concentrating on breathing out of his nose instead of his mouth and missed the facts.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 11:32:16 PM »
This is why I come to goEMAW. You just don't see these kinds of breakdowns anywhere else.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline TrueBlueHawk

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 12:10:58 PM »
B.J. Mullens. '08 #1 recruit.  8.8ppg and 4.7rpg from a 7'0'' center.

Josh Selby. '10 #1 recruit.  7.9ppg and 2.2apg and 2.2rpg.

Not saying this makes Selby less of a bust, but Mullens did this while playing on a 9-loss team as opposed to the 3-loss team Selby played on this year.  Mullens still opted for the draft after his first year.  Now the argument made a few posts early was only about being a 'one and done', which Selby still could do if he chose to.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 12:42:01 PM »

Not saying this makes Selby less of a bust, but Mullens did this while playing on a 9-loss team as opposed to the 3-loss team Selby played on this year.  Mullens still opted for the draft after his first year.  Now the argument made a few posts early was only about being a 'one and done', which Selby still could do if he chose to.

This has been the basis for my belief that Selby's gone this year.  I'm thinking the twins, T-Rob and Selby are all gonzo.  What do you think will happen TrueBlue? 

And I'm not asking what you would like to see happen.  :dubious:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline TrueBlueHawk

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 01:47:17 PM »

This has been the basis for my belief that Selby's gone this year.  I'm thinking the twins, T-Rob and Selby are all gonzo.  What do you think will happen TrueBlue? 

And I'm not asking what you would like to see happen.  :dubious:

Haha yeah I think you all know what I would LIKE to see happen, however I highly doubt that comes to fruition.  I do not know for sure what will happen with any of them but based on previous players and what I'm hearing through rumors and throughout Lawrence I could give you some percentages.

Twins - 90% chance they go.
Thomas - 50% chance that goes.
Selby - 40% chance that he goes. (Apparently he likes the idea of ACTUALLY playing, go figure)
Taylor - 10% chance he goes.

Not exactly sure how they all will effect one another outside of the twins (obviously going to decide together), but these are just so numbers I have heard.