Author Topic: Embarrassing K-State basketball moments we have lived through  (Read 16458 times)

Offline chuckhasawillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
Embarrassing K-State basketball moments we have lived through
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:33:29 PM »
I just thought it would be cool to get a list of all the absolute embarrassing things that have happened to us the past 20 years that make this year so special. My personal memory was when i was in the third grade in 95 I lied to my grandparents, who I was staying with because my parents were out of town, and I told them I was out of school for inservice, so I could stay home to watch K-State lose to KU 90-45. To make things worse my parents found out I lied and by butt still hurts from the spankings!!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Embarrassing K-State basketball moments we have lived through
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:50:46 PM »
to be fair, this thread shouldn't include Huggins on.  Been a pretty good ride from then on. 

got one....  OU at KSU circa 2000 or so  up by 7 with 50 secs left... ou takes the lead and ksu loses on a fialed on purpose missed freethrow.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline chuckhasawillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:57:08 PM »
yea basically i just meant the asbury/woolridge eras. it is crazy to look back and remember the terrible basketball we had to watch.

Offline Dcwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:00:01 AM »
Four letters: UMKC :chainsaw:

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »
OU game 2004.   :blindfold:

Offline KSU176

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 12:01:35 AM »

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 12:03:22 AM »
Pervis Pasco.

2006 game at home vs. nebraska...15 point loss :flush:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 12:05:54 AM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
Pervis Pasco.

Nay. Pervis Pasco traveling in the final seconds of a Big XII tournament game while we were ahead, causing us to lose on the turnover.   :bang:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 12:10:59 AM »
Pervis Pasco.

Nay. Pervis Pasco traveling in the final seconds of a Big XII tournament game while we were ahead, causing us to lose on the turnover.   :bang:
CU was just destined to win that night. The banked 3 def. shows it.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 12:11:34 AM »
BTW, did somebody on here do this:

If so,  :thumbsup:

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 07:31:34 AM »
Half a season of Wooly in a neck brace was pretty damn ridiculous.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 07:39:31 AM »
Had to be UMKC. 

I mean really, what a joke.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 07:55:13 AM »
I was at the UMKC game. It was brutal.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 08:15:47 AM »
Western Carolina Catamounts.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »
When we lost to EA Sports and a KSU student came off the bench for EA Sports once the game was in hand for EA SPORTS and was fouled and scored a point or two against k-state.

Sure, we tried to laugh it off, but it was humiliating to the last fetid drop of EMAW at the bottom of the EMAW B-ball tank in my gut.

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 09:21:41 AM »
When we lost to EA Sports and a KSU student came off the bench for EA Sports once the game was in hand for EA SPORTS and was fouled and scored a point or two against k-state.

Sure, we tried to laugh it off, but it was humiliating to the last fetid drop of EMAW at the bottom of the EMAW B-ball tank in my gut.

Yeah, I feel like people have intentionally forgot this or something. Just surreal.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »
The seemingly endless "almosts" and "near misses" during the Wooly era.  I care not to list all of them, but there seemed to be 20 or so games where they came back from a big deficit only to lose in heartbreaking fashion. Or have a late lead only to collapse in the last 90 seconds.

The one that is foremost in my mind is a game in 2004 (?) against SLU.  For some reason that one has stuck out for me.  I think I knew in my head that "this is Wooly" and that specializing in excruciating losses would be his legacy. Down 10, the Cats roar back and take the lead after Cartier scores 10 straight.

Up 2 with 00:21 seconds Cats miss the front end of a 1-1 (Frank Richards?). SLU races downcourt and take the ball to the hole, get a rough ridin' layup and foul. Hit FT, SLU ahead with 6 seconds. Cats take ball upcourt and - in typical Wooly fashion - the pass gets tipped and stolen.

Game over. Lose by one. Hate Wooly from that day forward. Quit season tix. I wanted him fired that day.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »

Yeah, I feel like people have intentionally forgot this or something. Just surreal.

What year was that?

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 11:03:42 AM »
UMKC, no doubt. Brother and I went to the game. Pretty much stayed through it all. Lots of good childhood memories of Memorial washed away that night.

Also remember attending the KU game Asbury's last year. Whole bunch of squawks sorority sluts behind us made a miserable game more miserable.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 11:05:36 AM »

What year was that?

November 6, 2003

EA SPORTS 79, KANSAS STATE 67

NICK KRUG/THE CAPITAL-JOURNAL

Kansas State forward Jeremiah Massey fights for a rebound over EA All-Stars forward Jeff Gibbs during the second half of Thursday night's exhibition game at Bramlage Coliseum.

By Kevin Haskin

THE CAPITAL-JOURNAL

MANHATTAN --- Considering it was a loss that doesn't count, the description Jim Wooldridge painted for the basketball exhibition Kansas State played Thursday night doesn't sound so silly.

"It was all positive," the fourth-year coach said.

With that, Wooldridge could dismiss the 79-67 loss to the EA Sports All-Stars, and the 36.6 percent shooting and 20 turnovers that went with it, as part of the growing pains K-State must endure with eight new players.

There were encouraging spurts, which were provided mostly by the newcomers, who accounted for all but 16 of the Cats' points.

They just couldn't sustain enough production, after trailing by as many as 15 in the first half, to overturn that deficit. K-State got within four twice in the second half and was down by just six after a 3-pointer by Cartier Martin with 2:52 left.

But EA Sports answered with six straight points to ice its first win in four stops on the exhibition trail, which included visits to Kansas on Tuesday and Texas Tech on Wednesday.

"On offense, disjointed would be a term I'd use. Inconsistent would be another," Wooldridge said. "Hopefully, we can get that corrected."

That's what this time is for, with one more exhibition scheduled next Saturday before the season opener on Nov. 21 against Birmingham- Southern.

By then, the Cats hope to have 6-8 junior transfer Dramane Diarra, whose eligibility continues to be examined by the NCAA because of his participation on teams in his native France before enrolling at Cloud County Community College.

He did not play against EA Sports. Nor did senior guard Jarrett Hart, whose status with the team continues to be evaluated after a September arrest for drunken driving, his second while at K-State.

What highlights there were Thursday began with Martin. The 6-8 freshman led the Cats with 21 points on 8-of-18 shooting and showed some nice hops inside.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:53:50 AM by doom »
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb