Author Topic: complaining about people who complain about the weather  (Read 7107 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
complaining about people who complain about the weather
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:06:34 AM »
Is like complaining about the weather.

:dubious:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: complaining about people who complain about the weather
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 10:07:49 AM »
Making things up about the weather =  :fatty:

"I heard it's going to snow tomorrow!"
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
"If you don't like the weather in Kansas just wait five minutes."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »
My grandma writes letters to me every month and half of her letter is always about the weather.

Your weather is prop probably much better than here. I think I heard earlier this week that part of the country was above normal temperatures. Again, I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I think that's the case. It has been cold here but I did see two robins on Monday and my [can't read it] and daffodils are up although now covered with snow!

Then the guilt trip.

If time permits, keep in touch.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »
My grandma writes letters to me every month and half of her letter is always about the weather.

Your weather is prop probably much better than here. I think I heard earlier this week that part of the country was above normal temperatures. Again, I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I think that's the case. It has been cold here but I did see two robins on Monday and my [can't read it] and daffodils are up although now covered with snow!

Then the guilt trip.

holy hell, amazing post.   :lol:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:50:23 AM »
She has a template. Always begins the letter complaining about old age or injury, then the weather, then ... the guilt trip.  :frown:

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »

Hate this saying.  :goodbyecruelworld:I've lived in 5 states and have heard this saying verbatim in every one.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »

Then the guilt trip.

Holy crap.  We're cousins, right?  If yes, she told me to pass along the message that you're supposed to call her. I think she wants you to take her to her cataract surgery next week.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »

Hate this saying.  :goodbyecruelworld:I've lived in 5 states and have heard this saying verbatim in every one.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »

Then the guilt trip.

Holy crap.  We're cousins, right?  If yes, she told me to pass along the message that you're supposed to call her. I think she wants you to take her to her cataract surgery next week.

Well, I guess it is "my turn" to call. She has this thing where if she calls, and I don't answer, she will not call back again. If I forget that she called and I don't talk to her for several weeks or even a month (we live in different states), she still won't call. She'll instead write the weather letter and then give me some line at the end like this one, from January ...

I know you are busy, but if you ever find a minute, give me a call.
(If only I had e-mail).

Love,
Grandma

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
the only thing worse is when your grandma DOES have email.  JFC.  tons of forwards everyday about "back in my day...."

I share a grandma with a poster on this site, so he can agree with me that our Grandma will say she emailed us, but never really did...but we feel the guilt trip anyway.   :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 01:22:55 PM »
great thread micat, I also rough ridin' hate people who complain about the weather

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 04:22:55 PM »
Every time it snows, my mom always gets on the phone and calls our relatives in Wichita to see how much they got. 

"They always get all the snow."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
Who is dumber? People who complain about people complaining about the weather, or people who complain about people filling out multiple NCAA tournament brackets?

:fatty:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 10:13:26 AM »
Who is dumber? People who complain about people complaining about the weather, or people who complain about people filling out multiple NCAA tournament brackets?

I don't care if people fill out multiple brackets. What I find annoying, though, is when people brag about a bracket that is going to win them money despite getting only 1 Final Four team correct and despite losing their champion on Day 1 of the tourney.

http://csalodge.com/mm11/mm_display_picks.pl?Player=j+rake

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 10:20:12 AM »

I don't care if people fill out multiple brackets. What I find annoying, though, is when people brag about a bracket that is going to win them money despite getting only 1 Final Four team correct and despite losing their champion on Day 1 of the tourney.

http://csalodge.com/mm11/mm_display_picks.pl?Player=j+rake

ridiculous

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »
Nothing I love more than the guy who picked every single one, of the first 2 rounds upsets in atleast one of his 25 brackets.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »
Anytime it there is "severe" weather in my area my dad will call me and say "did you see there is a thunderstorm warning, how bad is it", jfc dad I can look outside and tell there's a thunderstorm warning you don't have to call and tell me.

Also my grandparents are very cheap so if I call them we'll be on the phone for 20+ minutes, but if they call me it's usually a sub 6 minute call, can't waste that social security check on long distance phone calls I guess
I'm purple down

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 10:42:32 AM »
What is a long distance phone call?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 11:00:43 AM »
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE LIVED DURING THE GREAT DEPRESSION!!!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »
wow, lots of butthurt bracketeers in this thread

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 11:07:44 AM »
My dad calls about the weather and I live 1000 miles away.

"Saw you guys had some storms headed your way" . . . Me:  "Yeah dad, we've got weather radar and everything down here . . . crazy". 

Always love it when he calls to tell me what to do when a Hurricane is coming . . . Dad, uh you've lived in Missouri and Kansas all your life, how many Hurricanes you been through there?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »

Then the guilt trip.

:horrorsurprise:
my grams had cataract surgery last week.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 12:28:51 PM »
What is a long distance phone call?

Exactly
I'm purple down

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »
I decided not to fill out any brackets this year, and it made the tourney much more enjoyable for me.  Probably gonna go ahead and never fill out a bracket again.