Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 925777 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1100 on: April 05, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
Really getting tired of the which school is a better job question.

You know which is best? Whichever one will rough ridin' pay me more.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 05, 2011, 12:28:14 PM »

how do ksrtate and bama shake out using your formula? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 05, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »

how do ksrtate and bama shake out using your formula? 

iirc Grant gets paid more

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 05, 2011, 12:49:28 PM »
Doug Gottleib on 810 just said Frank will go to Miami for $2.5M to $3M.  It's home, he could coach in flip flops, and it'd be a nice eff you to the Frank haters of Miami.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 05, 2011, 12:51:55 PM »
it'd be a nice eff you to the Frank haters of Miami.

this is a good talking point.  I vote he goes for it. 

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 05, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »
But he wouldn't be able to wear his K-State boots on the sideline. 

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 05, 2011, 12:53:56 PM »
Doug Gottleib on 810 just said Frank will go to Miami for $2.5M to $3M.  It's home, he could coach in flip flops, and it'd be a nice eff you to the Frank haters of Miami.
:runaway:
but do they have the $$

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 05, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »
it'd be a nice eff you to the Frank haters of Miami.

this is a good talking point.  I vote he goes for it.  

I'd rather we give him the $4m with the understanding he'll buy the Miami New Times (and maybe let us use it for mass distribution of the goEMAW blog materials (and some weed/prostitution ads)).

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 05, 2011, 12:56:13 PM »
:runaway:
but do they have the $$

Do they care enough to have the $$?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 05, 2011, 01:03:54 PM »
can someone who doesn't think/want martin to be paid a little more explain why? because personally, i could care less if frank makes 4 million. actually i'd love for him to make four million. i'd love for everyone in the world to make four million. why should i care if he makes more money? i don't. pay him whatever it takes to keep him and then get rid of him if he starts sucking. not that hard. the amount of money that he makes, especially when we're talking about a few hundred thousand a year, does not affect me whatsoever. i am affected if he leaves.
no reason to pay him more imo. and i also disagree that everyone should make $4m per.

ok. let's say that this is actually true. i don't believe it to be, but for arguments sake we will say that there is no reason at all to pay frank more money. none at all. that still doesn't explain why someone would be against it. is there a reason to not pay him more that i'm missing out on?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: April 05, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »
If Frank goes to Miami I'll just become a Miami fan.  Problem solved.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 05, 2011, 01:06:57 PM »
can someone who doesn't think/want martin to be paid a little more explain why? because personally, i could care less if frank makes 4 million. actually i'd love for him to make four million. i'd love for everyone in the world to make four million. why should i care if he makes more money? i don't. pay him whatever it takes to keep him and then get rid of him if he starts sucking. not that hard. the amount of money that he makes, especially when we're talking about a few hundred thousand a year, does not affect me whatsoever. i am affected if he leaves.
no reason to pay him more imo. and i also disagree that everyone should make $4m per.

ok. let's say that this is actually true. i don't believe it to be, but for arguments sake we will say that there is no reason at all to pay frank more money. none at all. that still doesn't explain why someone would be against it. is there a reason to not pay him more that i'm missing out on?

I would say jealousy but in your scenario everyone makes the same so that doesn't even make sense. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 05, 2011, 01:10:18 PM »

I would say jealousy but in your scenario everyone makes the same so that doesn't even make sense. 

forget about the hypothetical four million scenario. lets just assume that we are talking about present day earth and why someone would be against frank making more money. i don't see why someone would be against this.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 05, 2011, 01:11:36 PM »

forget about the hypothetical four million scenario. lets just assume that we are talking about present day earth and why someone would be against frank making more money. i don't see why someone would be against this.

jealousy

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 05, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »

Limited resources. I want to be able to spend money on a good football coach when Bill dies.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 05, 2011, 01:15:37 PM »

jealousy

If jealousy is also what would cause an otherwise sane person to be against Denis, then I agree.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 05, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »

Limited resources. I want to be able to spend money on a good football coach when Bill dies.

if you think that frank making four hundred thousand a year more is somehow going to affect who kstate can attract as a fball coach after snyder retires then i'm not even sure what to tell you. i mean, how much was the bball coach making the first time snyder retired? what's that? jack crap? oh good. i bet we hit a homerun then, huh? argument denied.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 05, 2011, 01:20:17 PM »
So, should we redirect the BBBS fund to the pay Frank more fund?
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 05, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
Okay, I'm down with paying Frank a little more . . . but we aren't in the a lot more arena yet.    

On NC State . . . lots of talk of Gary Williams poisoning the water.   But here's the deal, did Yow and Williams not get along because Yow wanted more wins, considering that Gary hasn't produced all that much since his national title run, and he's noted to have gotten lazy on recruiting, and gotten militant about the whole AAU situation?   Or is it because she's just a b_tch?   Now back in the day, I was around quite a few D1 women coaches, and I will say that most of them were psychotic b_tches (which is way beyond the typical a$$hole you get out of their male counterparts) . . . so maybe that carries forward into female athletic administrators as well.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 05, 2011, 01:22:43 PM »

if you think that frank making four hundred thousand a year more is somehow going to affect who kstate can attract as a fball coach after snyder retires then i'm not even sure what to tell you. i mean, how much was the bball coach making the first time snyder retired? what's that? jack crap? oh good. i bet we hit a homerun then, huh? argument denied.

How the hell did we jump from 4m a year back down to 2m a year? I am totally fine with Paying Frank 1.8 - 2m a year if there are other schools pressuring the raise.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 05, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »

You know which is best? Whichever one will effing pay me more.

Frank says different.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 05, 2011, 01:24:08 PM »

This would be fantastic for Frank. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 05, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »

Yeah, he'd pretty much go anywhere for that much.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 05, 2011, 01:26:57 PM »

Yeah, he'd pretty much go anywhere for that much.

lol, not according to FITZ!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 05, 2011, 01:28:50 PM »
I don't think the point in the current pay Frank discussion is how much we can afford, I think its whether or not people think he's worth paying in the upper 1/3 of Big 12 coaching salaries. I think he is.