Author Topic: WTF, ref? How about giving the state of Kansas a call??!!??  (Read 31859 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: WTF, ref? How about giving the state of Kansas a call??!!??
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »
And can it with Shaka Smart love. If having a high BB IQ means getting called for all sorts of fouls early, getting beat early, yelling at the refs, telling your players to beat people up on defense, getting a T when the refs stop giving you the game, hitting a ridiculous amount of piss poor shots, and still almost losing, then have fun with that style of play.

Shaka Smart thugged it up in the truest sense of the word.  He whined every time he didn't get what he wanted, he whined when they actually called his team for the god ridiculous amount of fouls they committed, he whined when we went on a run, and it finally paid off.  His team should be ashamed ASHAMED! of how they got that game, but probably not.  They used what they could, including playing the refs and playing the contact and playing the "good, small, classy vs big meany" card to brutal execution against our bigs.

but probably not!, that's what's sad.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2011, 10:19:23 PM »
And can it with Shaka Smart love. If having a high BB IQ means getting called for all sorts of fouls early, getting beat early, yelling at the refs, telling your players to beat people up on defense, getting a T when the refs stop giving you the game, hitting a ridiculous amount of piss poor shots, and still almost losing, then have fun with that style of play.

Shaka Smart thugged it up in the truest sense of the word.  He whined every time he didn't get what he wanted, he whined when they actually called his team for the god ridiculous amount of fouls they committed, he whined when we went on a run, and it finally paid off.  His team should be ashamed ASHAMED! of how they got that game, but probably not.  They used what they could, including playing the refs and playing the contact and playing the "good, small, classy vs big meany" card to brutal execution against our bigs.

but probably not!, that's what's sad.

When you're blessed by the Sky Spirits and bring down a noble beast like KU, you should drop to your knees and both express gratitude for the sustenance but also shame for your own selfish gluttony at making the college basketball world an uglier place.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2011, 10:28:55 PM »
if you can't beat ku the right way, you should have the goddamned dignity not to beat them at all.  vcu will have to live with this shame forever.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »
I'm not sure where to put this, but I thought it was awesome:

I can't believe my comment was removed simply for pointing out that people who play for Kansas tend to have sloped foreheads. It wasn't racist. How can a Mizzou fan be racist? We have and start more black players than KU does. How can any basketball fan post 1940 be racist? I was just trying to point out that the majority of KU players, especially the Morris twins, have the expressions of confused children perpetually painted on their ugly mugs. Now, I ask you, who could possibly take offense to that?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »
if you can't beat ku the right way, you should have the goddamned dignity not to beat them at all.  vcu will have to live with this shame forever.

Thanks a lot, VCU. For killing the world's last magical unicorn. Hope you're belly is full for the night, because there will be no sunrise tomorrow.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »
Omg

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2011, 10:32:45 PM »

I can't believe my comment was removed simply for pointing out that people who play for Kansas tend to have sloped foreheads. It wasn't racist. How can a Mizzou fan be racist? We have and start more black players than KU does. How can any basketball fan post 1940 be racist? I was just trying to point out that the majority of KU players, especially the Morris twins, have the expressions of confused children perpetually painted on their ugly mugs. Now, I ask you, who could possibly take offense to that?

Wow.  That's how you rough ridin' do it right there.  Take notes, people.  That guy's a pro. :bowdown:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »
From a thread titled "Not following orders"

Well, at least the players now admit they were in the wrong. All the smack and trash talking aside they decided to do what they wanted to do and not what they were instructed to do.  Pretty shocking read but it sums everything up nicely.

Not following orders?   :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :horrorsurprise:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2011, 12:38:13 PM »

michigancat??  :users:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2011, 03:13:53 PM »

michigancat??  :users:

Ha. Immediately thought of him when I read that.

"You can't be prejudiced against people with sloped heads and like basketball"

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »
Well done Felix.    :cheers: absolutely epic.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 29, 2011, 12:00:26 AM »
There is just a lot of parity in college now.  It is because the NBA raids the teams so they can fill the benches with guys who get paid 2.5 million to play 6 minutes, who never develop into near what they might have been.  I am not talking about the few who go every year as freshman that are ready. I am talking about for example, the 4 on our team.  Don't tell me Marcus can't raise his stock.  He goes this year, he is picked maybe in the late teens, and rides the bench, maybe for the rest of his career for the most part.  He waits a year, he is maybe POY, gets picked maybe 3rd, and starts his first year in the NBA.

But he will go, they may all go, it is kind of sad, but the pay an obscene amount of money for the guys who ride the bench, and guys don't want to wait a year to be paid mega obscene money, obscene money is enough to satisfy them.  I can't say I blame them, and this is one of the reasons I hate the NBA, I have never seen Kobe of Lebron play, never seen an NBA game even on TV, I never want to.  I find the NBA disgusting.  Now if a KU guy who stays at least a few years gets some money, I am happy for him.  But I will never watch.

I love basketball so much that I hate the NBA, and therefore will never watch it on tv.  EVER!

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 29, 2011, 12:24:12 AM »
Yep, Vega$ baby.

Step One:
Find a senior-rich mid-major around Feb.

Step Two:
Pay off a couple playas to shave pts/lose some winnable games.

Step Three:
Pay off the right person in the NCAA to stand for the team.

Step Four:

If we were in the Pac-10 would we be in the final four? I think the answer almost surely is yes. Basketball and all sports can be very much affected by small differences or the "Butterfly Effect." My bet is if we were announced in the Pac-16 starting in 2012 right now that we would have made the Final Four and even the Final itself. Whether we would have made the final would have been up to the players but I have a hunch we would have been in the Championship just from the extra buzz. I think having an uncertain future in a faltering at best and dying at worse conference has made a small but tangible difference to optimal performance. Now they are talking about the Pac-12 getting a considerably more TV contrcat than even the mighty SEC. I think we missed a great opportunity to be in a super power conference when we now have to live with an uncertain future. I think it was a big mistake.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 29, 2011, 08:18:11 AM »
There is just a lot of parity in college now.  It is because the NBA raids the teams so they can fill the benches with guys who get paid 2.5 million to play 6 minutes, who never develop into near what they might have been.  I am not talking about the few who go every year as freshman that are ready. I am talking about for example, the 4 on our team.  Don't tell me Marcus can't raise his stock.  He goes this year, he is picked maybe in the late teens, and rides the bench, maybe for the rest of his career for the most part.  He waits a year, he is maybe POY, gets picked maybe 3rd, and starts his first year in the NBA.

But he will go, they may all go, it is kind of sad, but the pay an obscene amount of money for the guys who ride the bench, and guys don't want to wait a year to be paid mega obscene money, obscene money is enough to satisfy them.  I can't say I blame them, and this is one of the reasons I hate the NBA, I have never seen Kobe of Lebron play, never seen an NBA game even on TV, I never want to.  I find the NBA disgusting.  Now if a KU guy who stays at least a few years gets some money, I am happy for him.  But I will never watch.

I love basketball so much that I hate the NBA, and therefore will never watch it on tv.  EVER!

open minded: someone who has never seen an NBA game on TV being such an amazing critic.

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 29, 2011, 11:21:18 AM »

open minded: someone who has never seen an NBA game on TV being such an amazing critic.

It's tough for a KU fan when Bill Self ruins all the players projected for the NBA to actually watch something that Bill Self's players suck at doing on a consistent basis.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:58 PM »
Something tells me if you put a blindfold over Tyrel and Brady's eyes, placed them behind the 3 point line, handed them the ball, and told them to shoot, they'd probably each make about 5 or 6 out of 21 shots.

Pressure impacts a pure shooter's shot more-so than a hand in the face.  Just the way it is, unfortunately.

anyone want to make this happen?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 29, 2011, 01:40:45 PM »
I think that's what's the funniest about all this.  morningstar had played really well for most of big 12 play.  Those two were their glue guys and ks kids, and they completely bombed.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 29, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »
Something tells me if you put a blindfold over Tyrel and Brady's eyes, placed them behind the 3 point line, handed them the ball, and told them to shoot, they'd probably each make about 5 or 6 out of 21 shots.

Pressure impacts a pure shooter's shot more-so than a hand in the face.  Just the way it is, unfortunately.

anyone want to make this happen?

No way the school would agree to doing this unless Conner Tehan was involved and they did it to some background music from High School Musical.