Author Topic: Beth Mendenhall FTW!!!!!!1111!!!!lllIII!!  (Read 107476 times)

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: Beth Mendenhall FTW!!!!!!1111!!!!lllIII!!
« Reply #325 on: September 20, 2011, 12:21:27 AM »
 :horrorsurprise:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2011, 12:26:20 AM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2011, 12:29:30 AM »
Thank you, Beth.  May the :kstategrad: be with you.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2011, 12:29:47 AM »
I really don't like this fitz character. Wow.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2011, 12:30:16 AM »
:dnr:  I'm gonna need some Cliff's Notes because I stopped reading after this little gem:  " As such, the way you “feel” about what EMAW means, and what it reinforces, is not relevant."  Gotta love some chick who will write a novel about how she feels while completely dismissing other's feelings.   

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2011, 12:33:25 AM »
:dnr:  I'm gonna need some Cliff's Notes because I stopped reading after this little gem:  " As such, the way you “feel” about what EMAW means, and what it reinforces, is not relevant."  Gotta love some chick who will write a novel about how she feels while completely dismissing other's feelings.   

Cliff's Notes: you got pwn3d.  
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »
Great argument, Beth.  Although I disagree with quite a bit about what you said (mostly, regarding the contemporary use of EMAW as a non-acronym), you make a lot of good points.  

Sorry about Fitz, but a zebra can't change his stripes, you know?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2011, 12:35:06 AM »
Man oh man.  I can't wait to see Tortuga's response.  It's gonna be awesome.

I'm happy for all the little EMAWs who will have this to wake up to tomorrow.   :kstategrad:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2011, 12:36:34 AM »

Great argument, Beth.  Although I disagree with quite a bit about what you said (mostly, regarding the contemporary use of EMAW as a non-acronym), you make a lot of good points.  

Sorry about Fitz, but a fat, diabetic zebra can't change his stripes BBQ-covered, oversized bowling shirt, you know?

FYP

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2011, 12:38:09 AM »

Sorry about Fitz, but a fat, diabetic zebra can't change his stripes BBQ-covered, oversized bowling shirt, you know?

FYP
TY.  Good fix. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2011, 12:40:21 AM »
   Finally, I want to address goEMAW.com directly. After some initial creepiness involving close analysis of pictures of me, the folks that populate the goEMAW.com forums have been open-minded and welcoming. Much of the support for EMAW expressed on this site is based on the idea that EMAW is not an acronym, but a distinct feeling of pride in K-State. They describe this feeling eloquently on their website. I believe, however, that their supposition that EMAW is not an acronym is incorrect. The pictures of Ahearn field house supporting EMAW as a tradition say “Every Man a Wildcat.” Furthermore, if EMAW is merely a reflection of a distinct and independent feeling one gets from being a K-Stater, then why do we need the “M”? A more accurate reflection of that feeling would be a gender-neutral one.

Because we grew up with it being EMAW not EPAW.  You never see "every man a wildcat" uttered anymore. EMAW is just plain silly, and an extension of us KSU fans, and how we survive in an otherwise out-manned conference. We utter EMAW, other big 12 fans laugh and giggle. We love it. It's why is became so popular. Other big 12 fans ask, "what does emaw stand for?" We reply, "you'd never understand."

And unfortunately, I don't think you understand either Beth. I'm not blaming you, the actions on the other side are just as pathetic.

This is about KSU. This is about EMAW. This isn't about you, tim fitzgerald, or anyone else interested in whoring out the meaning of EMAW to further their agendas. Kstate first, individual second.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 20, 2011, 12:40:49 AM »
Fitz is a giant douche, and a whole lot of other disgusting things.  Doesn't change the fact that this chick is so desperate for attention that she is actively lobbying to change an entirely harmless part of KState's history.  Better get rid of Willie and replace him with a genderless substitute.  Men's AND women's basketball?  Nope.  Coed testrogen ball.   Women's Studies?  Gone.  Replaced with Person's Studies.  Hell, most of the buildings on campus are named after dudes so we're gonna need some new, neutered replacements.  It's not like those guys will care, they were named that a long time ago.  And for eff's sake, when are the new Peoplehattan signs going to be ready?!?!

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2011, 12:43:33 AM »
Did someone just use pwn3d?!  Are you kidding me?  Are you finally done with WoW for the night?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 20, 2011, 12:54:22 AM »
Did someone just use pwn3d?!  Are you kidding me?  Are you finally done with WoW for the night?

probably gonna go for about 3 more hours

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 20, 2011, 01:00:15 AM »
Just a thought...

What if EMAW just becomes a spoken word only. Not written. Kind of like Latin, only reverse.

Really compliments the esoteric connotation that EMAW is a state of mind, or a measure of K-State fandom.

EDIT: Would be a good compromise, no?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:08:13 AM by pike »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2011, 01:01:47 AM »
Fitz is a giant douche, and a whole lot of other disgusting things.  Doesn't change the fact that this chick is so desperate for attention that she is actively lobbying to change an entirely harmless part of KState's history.  Better get rid of Willie and replace him with a genderless substitute.  Men's AND women's basketball?  Nope.  Coed testrogen ball.   Women's Studies?  Gone.  Replaced with Person's Studies.  Hell, most of the buildings on campus are named after dudes so we're gonna need some new, neutered replacements.  It's not like those guys will care, they were named that a long time ago.  And for eff's sake, when are the new Peoplehattan signs going to be ready?!?!
She wrote one op-ed in a student newspaper a year ago.

Sheesh.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2011, 01:21:26 AM »
Beth,

Please get over the initial creepiness you felt toward this site.  I apologize for noticing the size of your breasts in that photo and for making a judgement on the strength of your buttons. I promise not to mention them again in the future.  It's not something I would say to your face and it's not something I would have written if I thought you were going to actually read it.                      

Sincerely,
Ira Hayes

P.S. follow @lifeoffitz on twitter if you really want to know what creepy is.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:44:33 AM by Ira Hayes »

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2011, 01:32:13 AM »
Wrote an op-ed piece a year ago.  And....  Seems like she's still writing manifestos.  (Unless this most recent work was also written a year ago and he/she has some sort of ability to see the future.)

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 20, 2011, 01:37:07 AM »
The eff is this crap?

I wish I could get back the half hour I spent reading this to instead work for a half hour at the same rate as my male colleagues.

EMAW

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 20, 2011, 01:38:05 AM »
Beth,

I wish we had a feature that would allow blocking of certain user's posts, but we do not. (Saul  :shakesfist: ) Because we are not the cutting edge of technology over here, I request that you instead block jtksu's posts in your mind.

T-Y, SwiftCat

Offline bethmendenhall

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 20, 2011, 01:38:43 AM »
@jtksu:

You seem to have a problem with me personally, have we met before?

@everyone else:

i wrote this, and posted it here, at the request of goEMAW.com moderators. no one is forcing you to read it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 20, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »
Wrote an op-ed piece a year ago.  And....  Seems like she's still writing manifestos.  (Unless this most recent work was also written a year ago and he/she has some sort of ability to see the future.)
She was asked by several people to further explain her point.

:dunno:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 20, 2011, 01:43:03 AM »
Someone please copy-paste Beth's words on GPC.  Would love to see what those shitheads think of it.  Gonna be lots of "I stopped reading after the first paragraph!" while neglecting to add, "....because I'm functionally illiterate and couldn't bear to be schooled by a girl."

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2011, 01:48:56 AM »

I shave my legs, and I own one cat. I have a boyfriend, and if you ask me, he's pretty hot.

The term "femi-nazi" is ridiculous and offensive, but even if you accept it, those connotations don't apply to me.

Also, Beth, please post a picture of you're boyfriend. I'm sure The Manhattaner would be able to tell you if he is "pretty hot".

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 20, 2011, 01:58:29 AM »
I don't actually have a problem with you Beth.  I do have a problem with the constant PC patrol that you are a card carrying member of.  It's a harmless saying that 99.9% of people enjoy, why attempt to change that?  It's not like the saying evokes the slaying of a couple dozen slavers or anything.  And no, as far as I know, we have never met.