Author Topic: Hard to believe we lost  (Read 6210 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hard to believe we lost
« on: March 19, 2011, 10:47:44 PM »
   Pace   PPP   eFG%   TO%   OR%   FTR
KSU   57   1.15   52.1%   14.1%   32.1%   45.8%
UW   57   1.23   51.0%   8.8%   27.6%   46.0%

chum's thread pretty much sums it up. We choked the game away the last 8 minutes.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Hard to believe we lost
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »
stats still don't do it justice

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »
Devastating loss  :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:

catzacker

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »
where is the handcheck stat?   :flush:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:52:02 PM »
Jordan is maybe a little better than Jeter, I cannot believe we lost with Pullen completely owing that matchup.  the future insurance salesmen and high school basketball coaches beat us

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:57:41 PM »
Jordan is maybe a little better than Jeter, I cannot believe we lost with Pullen completely owing that matchup.  the future insurance salesmen and high school basketball coaches beat us

I know we just lost but god damn you are being stupid.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »
don't do this to yourself _fan. :barf:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 11:00:07 PM »
We played right at Wisconsin's pace.  It's hard to beat a good team on a neutral floor if you're playing the game they want you to play.

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 11:02:06 PM »
so who's the hot qb in the Bill? anyone got numbers for our WR's? Can they catch? How's the baseball team doing? (lost 1st to to tx btw)??

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 11:03:22 PM »
losing to an very good team at a neutral site by 5 is never a choke.

agree that kstate had a couple opportunities to make the game harder for wisc. when they had the six point lead.  and other opportunities down the stretch.  no one ever plays a perfect game, wisc. didn't either.

it was a fantastic game though, by both teams.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 11:04:30 PM »

I know we just lost but god damn you are being stupid.

people like skipper44 are why i hate being a kstate fan.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 11:09:40 PM »
i can't believe we actually had a shot to win it and that our bigs stayed clear of foul trouble for the most part. wisky is an awful matchup for us. pretty impressed with the q@s tonight. now it's time to hibernate until K-Stateketball is worth a chit again (2012? 2013?).

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 11:10:55 PM »
so who's the hot qb in the Bill? anyone got numbers for our WR's? Can they catch? How's the baseball team doing? (lost 1st to to tx btw)??

Officially hate this dumbass.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 11:11:45 PM »
It's ok to play their pace you just can't have fast empty possessions when it counts.

catzacker

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 11:12:38 PM »
i can't believe we actually had a shot to win it and that our bigs stayed clear of foul trouble for the most part. wisky is an awful matchup for us. pretty impressed with the q@s tonight. now it's time to hibernate until K-Stateketball is worth a chit again (2012? 2013?).

this.  thought we did, for the most part, a good job with them.  i mean, the ginger for them was the difference.  he misses two shots or doesn't get a few boards that he got (i lost it on the one where he blatantly shoved jamar out of the way right infront of the ref) and we win.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 11:17:13 PM »
It's ok to play their pace you just can't have fast empty possessions when it counts.

No, it is okay to play at their pace.  But it's a disadvantage.

Over the course of the season, taking care of the ball has been a weak point.  It's always a possibility that it won't be in that game, but the odds probably aren't in your favor.

This was the game Wisconsin wanted to play.  They hit about 50% from three and they got to the line as much as we did.  I bet if there's crap drawn up somewhere on a whiteboard in the locker room, you'd see these on there somewhere.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 11:19:15 PM »
nick russell had that horrible stretch while jake was out and we were up 6... he killed us.  well he and several other factors.  eff me, can't believe we lost this game

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »

agree that kstate had a couple opportunities to make the game harder for wisc. when they had the six point lead.  and other opportunities down the stretch.  no one ever plays a perfect game, wisc. didn't either.

Choke was probably strong. I just thought we had plenty of chances and didn't take advantage. Frustrating.

We weren't going to speed up Wisconsin. Nobody does. Pace was fine.

this.  thought we did, for the most part, a good job with them.  i mean, the ginger for them was the difference.  he misses two shots or doesn't get a few boards that he got (i lost it on the one where he blatantly shoved jamar out of the way right infront of the ref) and we win.

Match-up wise, etc. we played fine. The defense the last 8-10 minutes of the first half was the worst stretch of the game. And in possession games you have to take advantage down the stretch; we didn't. An

And as stated, their bench outplayed our bench.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »

Over the course of the season, taking care of the ball has been a weak point.  It's always a possibility that it won't be in that game, but the odds probably aren't in your favor.

This was the game Wisconsin wanted to play.  They hit about 50% from three and they got to the line as much as we did.  I bet if there's crap drawn up somewhere on a whiteboard in the locker room, you'd see these on there somewhere.

Agreed
Y.N.W.A.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 11:21:11 PM »

No, it is okay to play at their pace.  But it's a disadvantage.

Over the course of the season, taking care of the ball has been a weak point.  It's always a possibility that it won't be in that game, but the odds probably aren't in your favor.

This was the game Wisconsin wanted to play.  They hit about 50% from three and they got to the line as much as we did.  I bet if there's cac drawn up somewhere on a whiteboard in the locker room, you'd see these on there somewhere.

How do you create pace then?

We pushed the ball as much as possible against Wisconsin. Unless you turn them over, you have no chance at creating pace.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM »
Jake just didn't get enough help. When they called that tacky 2nd foul and he had to switch off the point the defense fell apart. When he wasn't in the game, no one else looked to make a play offensively. And when he was, they waited for him to make a play. And that being said, we still played really well, considering..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 11:26:07 PM »
we needed just a little bit more than we had

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 11:27:01 PM »

agree that kstate had a couple opportunities to make the game harder for wisc. when they had the six point lead.  and other opportunities down the stretch.  no one ever plays a perfect game, wisc. didn't either.

Choke was probably strong. I just thought we had plenty of chances and didn't take advantage. Frustrating.

this.  thought we did, for the most part, a good job with them.  i mean, the ginger for them was the difference.  he misses two shots or doesn't get a few boards that he got (i lost it on the one where he blatantly shoved jamar out of the way right infront of the ref) and we win.

Match-up wise, etc. we played fine. The defense the last 8-10 minutes of the first half was the worst stretch of the game. And in possession games you have to take advantage down the stretch; we didn't. An

Wisky is a better basketball team than us. again: really impressed with the q@s tonight. thought we'd get handled easily by the big ugly whities.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 11:27:16 PM »

This was the game Wisconsin wanted to play.  They hit about 50% from three and they got to the line as much as we did.  I bet if there's cac drawn up somewhere on a whiteboard in the locker room, you'd see these on there somewhere.

How do you create pace then?

We pushed the ball as much as possible against Wisconsin. Unless you turn them over, you have no chance at creating pace.

Give the ball to Denis.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 11:28:34 PM »

Wisky is a better basketball team than us. again: really impressed with the q@s tonight. thought we'd get handled easily by the big ugly whities.

Yea I have no problem saying they are the better team, I think it was very clear.  If Jake hadn't of gone apeshit on them it would have been a sizeable loss.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best