Author Topic: Coke  (Read 8488 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Coke
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 08:22:08 AM »
Thank god that is just a regional commercial, dax would have probably had a heart attack when that came on during our game if he was local

it's coke's national ad that is running on heavy rotation for all the games throughout the tournament.  in 2009 it was Roy's unc ad, last year dukes 'comeron crazies' coke zero ad and that is this years.

keep in mind it also ran pretty much ever other commercial break during the mizzou broadcast. 

it was Duke here during the game when it was ku for you townies

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »
I've already called, emailed and mailed letters to TruTV, CBS, KCTV5, Cheyenne Zulu, and John Currie.  I'm am preparing to make the trip north to Omaha and demand a meeting with Warren Buffet as well.  This is just completely uncalled for and I won't stand for it.  Coke Zero should know better.  Just completely irresponsible, especially in light of what's going on in the middle east.  Now I know how all those Japanese feel.

"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 08:54:10 AM »
Thank god that is just a regional commercial, dax would have probably had a heart attack when that came on during our game if he was local

it's coke's national ad that is running on heavy rotation for all the games throughout the tournament.  in 2009 it was Roy's unc ad, last year dukes 'comeron crazies' coke zero ad and that is this years.

keep in mind it also ran pretty much ever other commercial break during the mizzou broadcast. 

dear god. are you the coke marketing director or something? you ku fans are just too much.

"ooooh. coke has us in a commercial. oh my god. i'm going to call grandma and learn everything there is to learn about coke"  :lol:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 09:47:53 AM »
Why is the painted guy like 48 years old?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 09:55:50 AM »
disappointed this wasn't about mike stoops

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 09:59:01 AM »
So are the members of GPC going to boycott just Tru TV, or will their boycott extend to the entire TNT/TBS/Tru TV empire.  Oh and CBS too.     :flush:

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 10:03:39 AM »

well they might have changed it for some regions but the rock chalk ad is what they are running nationally according to what I was told when I asked my friend who works at CBS.  maybe he is wrong and should be fired though, he is a mizzou alum. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »
They lost my business about ten yrs ago.  It was fun, but too expensive.  Plus, I hated feeling like crap the day after.
:lol:  :cheers:
:adios:

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 10:07:07 AM »
Warm up your Captain and RC's.  :lick:
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2011, 10:23:22 AM »
I've already called, emailed and mailed letters to TruTV, CBS, KCTV5, Cheyenne Zulu, and John Currie.  I'm am preparing to make the trip north to Omaha and demand a meeting with Warren Buffet as well.  This is just completely uncalled for and I won't stand for it.  Coke Zero should know better.  Just completely irresponsible, especially in light of what's going on in the middle east.  Now I know how all those Japanese feel.

Just fired off an e-mail to Cheyenne as well.  If he writes me back I'll post it up here, unless it's a cave painting or some crap like the last one I got from him.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2011, 10:25:23 AM »

well they might have changed it for some regions but the rock chalk ad is what they are running nationally according to what I was told when I asked my friend who works at CBS.  maybe he is wrong and should be fired though, he is a mizzou alum. 

now you're asking cbs employees about the commercial? oh my god. just write a 500 hundred word double spaced report and get it over with already.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:58:45 AM by Rick Daris »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »
funny how only a few people have seen this "national" commercial.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »
They lost my business about ten yrs ago.  It was fun, but too expensive.  Plus, I hated feeling like crap the day after.
:lol:  :cheers:

jfc, for the good of the board, please don't encourage him.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
funny how only a few people have seen this "national" commercial.
I saw it an had to run to the bathroom because my ears started to bleed.  I thought my ear drum had burst, but it was just the awful sound coming from the T.V.  I will send any residule medical expenses I encured due to listening to that crap to CBS!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »
Did Not See.

Watched a game in every session yesterday and did not see.

:dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »
Warm up your Captain and RC's.  :lick:

CR and RC

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »
Royal Crown Cola is fantastic, if you are in to that sort of thing.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »
Diet Coke could release a commercial with Bill Self raping my mom on my grandfather's grave, whilst pushing a button to launch a nuclear strike against AggieVille.....and I'd still drink the crap out of Diet Coke for the rest of my life.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
Holy eff! 

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 12:44:16 PM »
Someone say coke?

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »

My main problem with the commercial is its logical paradox. How can the Rock Chalk chant BE March Madness when it's heard so rarely DURING March Madness.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »

My main problem with the commercial is its logical paradox. How can the Rock Chalk chant BE March Madness when it's heard so rarely DURING March Madness.

I did it really loudly last year before our BYU game  :ck:

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 04:15:51 PM »
https://secure.thecoca-colacompany.com/ssldocs/mail/eQuery_advertising.shtml   

If this makes me  :powerespect: so be it. That commercial was on nonstop today* destroying my attempt to enjoy the tourn. And I am on the east coast so yes, this  :barf: ad is nationwide.

*by "nonstop," I mean at least twice
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »
 :excited:

Online Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »
Haven't seen it.  Don't care.  This really would've been a better thread if it was about smelting iron ore.   :blank:

"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."