Author Topic: Morehead State just blew up a  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Morehead State just blew up a
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »
morehead st. just big time validated the committee.  great job by beebe & co. to include those guys and seed them to a win.  oth, louisville, lol & wow.  i mean maybe you can make an argument for them to be in over colorado.  maybe.  but a four seed was ridiculous, and they just proved it.  i wonder if the committards even know the ball is orange?

the committards are infatuated with the Big Least.

My bracket = effed

Someone made a point today on Petro's show that for a lot of guys, the Big East tournament was such a big deal to them that a lot of them had a hard time coming down, emotionally, from it so soon before the NCAA tournament.

I think there is an unhealthy amount of infatuation with the Big East, but those are some pretty good teams.  Louisville was a good team that choked and met a pretty good team with a great player.

Faried's draft stock just jumped at leat 5-10 points.  I mean 17 boards?  17 boards???  The guy is a double-double machine.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 04:41:59 PM »
morehead st. just big time validated the committee.  great job by beebe & co. to include those guys and seed them to a win.  oth, louisville, lol & wow.  i mean maybe you can make an argument for them to be in over colorado.  maybe.  but a four seed was ridiculous, and they just proved it.  i wonder if the committards even know the ball is orange?

My bracket = effed

Someone made a point today on Petro's show that for a lot of guys, the Big East tournament was such a big deal to them that a lot of them had a hard time coming down, emotionally, from it so soon before the NCAA tournament.

I think there is an unhealthy amount of infatuation with the Big East, but those are some pretty good teams.  Louisville was a good team that choked and met a pretty good team with a great player.

Faried's draft stock just jumped at leat 5-10 points.  I mean 17 boards?  17 boards???  The guy is a double-double machine.

Having Mike made me lose respect for the accomplishment that is a double-double.  I've since grown it back.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 04:45:09 PM »
Faried had 17 rebounds.  Good God.

I watched their conf. tourney and thought, "Man, this is a good team," and then selected against them.  I thought that they could upset someone.  But, obviously, not Louisville.

:facepalm:

He is insane.  He jumps so high, so effortlessly.  Very aggressive. 

Also, very adorable.

75!!!    :excited:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/49291/ken-faried

Was this a complete whiff on ESPN's part, or did he develop like crazy?  Kid is a beast that anyone would want.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »
Faried had 17 rebounds.  Good God.

I watched their conf. tourney and thought, "Man, this is a good team," and then selected against them.  I thought that they could upset someone.  But, obviously, not Louisville.

:facepalm:

He is insane.  He jumps so high, so effortlessly.  Very aggressive. 

Also, very adorable.

75!!!    :excited:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/49291/ken-faried

Was this a complete whiff on ESPN's part, or did he develop like crazy?  Kid is a beast that anyone would want.

I think it was some of both, looks like he grew at least 1 inch but more importantly added about 30 lbs of quality weight  and was able to maintain and develop high level athleticism. Just looking at his college stats, it looks like he has gradually improved each year and he's now projected as a 1st rd pick, but even as a FR he averaged 10 and 8, and yes it's at a mid major but still pretty solid, not something you'd expect  from a "75" guy at that level.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 05:13:03 PM »
I had Louisville losing to Richmond in the 2nd round.  Hope RU holds up their end of the bargain.  :bracketmouse:

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 05:17:24 PM »

My bracket = mumped

Me too, x 2  :ck:, maybe it's time to  :drink: up before the feature presentation
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
Had L'ville losing to Richmond.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
Did I hear there was a dude from Topeka on the Morehead St. team?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »
Did I hear there was a dude from Topeka on the Morehead St. team?
Yeah, played at Highland Park. 
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 08:19:27 PM »
Richmond in the sweet 16.
 :bracketmouse:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 09:24:37 PM »
Pretty much have to pick a Richmond type team to advance to the Sweet 16.  Hope it isn't Morehead.