Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 216901 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Who gives two fucks where students come from? :dunno: Sometimes the KU/K-State pissing match gets weird.

True.  Dax just has a hard time admitting that some of the stereotypes regarding KU and K-State are true.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who gives two fucks where students come from? :dunno: Sometimes the KU/K-State pissing match gets weird.

True.  Dax just has a hard time admitting that some of the stereotypes regarding KU and K-State are true.

I don't know if this is even possible, but it would be pretty great to have one of those trend maps or whatever, showing where KSU/KU students come from and where they end up. Like those maps showing where people say "suhr-up" and where Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) people call it whatever it is they call it.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Lawrence >>> Manhattan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/06/best-college-towns-2013_n_2813951.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#slide=2184939

What is Killeen, TX doing on that list?  There's no college there, just Fort Hood.   :dunno:

LMAO at linking a list that has Columbia, MO. and Ames, IA. (at #2!!)

Congrats, Beems. :tsc:

What's Killeen, TX doing on that list?  There's no college there, just Fort Hood.   :dunno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've never had a hard time understanding that the stereotypes of ku and K-State students are sometimes true.

What I laugh at is phogtucks who try and pull crap out of their ass like "diversity" at ku, or ku alums being more "worldly" than K-State alums.   

But I fully understand that at current pace, there might very well be more incoming Freshman from JoCo going to K-State than ku (for example).

You know what, there's an ever increasing "pipeline" of major metro Texas kids going to K-State.   But I am not going to run around touting anecdotal utterly homer words like, "every one of them fell in love with K-State and Manhattan".

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:41:02 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Have lived in Lawrence and Manhattan.  Both are really great towns.  I will, say, however, that ku students and alum have a respected habit of saying that Lawrence and ku are the best university and town in the US.  They apparently have never been to any of the truly great college towns in the US (Oxford, MS, Austin, TX, etc.), and don't realize that Lawrence is much closer in lifestyle and cultural amenities to Manhattan than to the really great college towns.  They think ku is a great university because ku tells them that the whole time they are a student there.  Most ku grads and alums are too narrow-minded to understand anything different, and ironically, consider themselves broad-minded. 

As for Johnson County, ku is truly JCCC west. 

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
Have lived in Lawrence and Manhattan.  Both are really great towns.  I will, say, however, that ku students and alum have a respected habit of saying that Lawrence and ku are the best university and town in the US.  They apparently have never been to any of the truly great college towns in the US (Oxford, MS, Austin, TX, etc.), and don't realize that Lawrence is much closer in lifestyle and cultural amenities to Manhattan than to the really great college towns.  They think ku is a great university because ku tells them that the whole time they are a student there.  Most ku grads and alums are too narrow-minded to understand anything different, and ironically, consider themselves broad-minded. 

As for Johnson County, ku is truly JCCC west.

Jesus Christ.

Never heard it better in my life.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
I grew up 25 miles from Lawrence the first 18 years of my life and never went there once.  That's how awesome Lawrence is.  I went to Louisberg more times than Lawrence.

Its a trashy town with horrible traffic, terrible infrastructure and a bunch of able bodied bums loitering in what appears to be some kind of swap meet. 

When I travelled there in college to visit friends I was taken back by how clique-y the party scene was and how dead the bar district (or what purports to be a bar district) is.  Its basically high school without adults.

As an adult I've had occasion to visit the town.  I've never once had a palatable meal or met a single person I'd ever consider doing business with.  It's a sad place where people who are scared to grow up hide from reality.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I grew up 25 miles from Lawrence the first 18 years of my life and never went there once.  That's how awesome Lawrence is.  I went to Louisberg more times than Lawrence.

Its a trashy town with horrible traffic, terrible infrastructure and a bunch of able bodied bums loitering in what appears to be some kind of swap meet. 

When I travelled there in college to visit friends I was taken back by how clique-y the party scene was and how dead the bar district (or what purports to be a bar district) is.  Its basically high school without adults.

As an adult I've had occasion to visit the town.  I've never once had a palatable meal or met a single person I'd ever consider doing business with.  It's a sad place where people who are scared to grow up hide from reality.

Weird, I didn't know they had DnD and MtG conventions Lawrence.... :confused:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
science holding strong here

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I grew up 25 miles from Lawrence the first 18 years of my life and never went there onceThat's how awesome Lawrence isI went to Louisberg more times than Lawrence.

The italics and bold highlight how you admit you don't know dick about what you're saying.  The underlined portion shows how much stock we should put into your opinions.  All the strikethroughs demonstrate ideas that are just factually incorrect.  The rest of if consists of personal opinions which are not subject to objective analysis though, as we noted, should be taken with a grain of salt, given your Louisberg comment.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't see italics

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Spracne incredibly butthurt at how shitty Lawrence is.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't see italics

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could do business with a person who lacks attention to detail.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't see italics

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could do business with a person who lacks attention to detail.

A trait I always look for when hiring a secretary or office assistant

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't see italics

The fact that you think Lawrence has awful traffic tells me all I need to know about your business experience.  :bang:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lawrence has awful traffic for a trashy commuter town without any speakable industry or economy. 

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
I don't see italics

The fact that you think Lawrence has awful traffic tells me all I need to know about your business experience.  :bang:

Lawrence does have awful traffic.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is Pepperjax still the best place to grab a bite in Lawrence?  Or is it the Mexican restaurant by the knights of Columbus and condemned rusted out chemical factory.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is Pepperjax still the best place to grab a bite in Lawrence?  Or is it the Mexican restaurant by the knights of Columbus and condemned rusted out chemical factory.

You know, that one over by the feed store and tractor implement dealer?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You can't miss it, the road is literally crumbling in front of it.  It would be hell on your alignment if you could get your car over 5 mph on that stretch of riprap.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I don't see italics

for a town of it's size, yes, lawrence has terrible traffic and horrible roads.  one of the worst things about living there is dealing with that crap.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You can't miss it, the road is literally crumbling in front of it.  It would be hell on your alignment if you could get your car over 5 mph on that stretch of riprap.

More and more clues about your industry are emerging.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Unrelated, but I would drive a small farm implement into a grain silo if it meant a Pepperjax would magically erect near me.