Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 216885 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Every time I drive down Mass Street, I keep getting the idea in my head that People of Lawrence would be a great sister website to People of Wal-Mart.  
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Don't  understand why ku folk take so much fake pride in a place that tries so hard to be Olathe Jr.  yet can't seem to displace all the farm implement dealerships and Co-Ops and people drivin in from Ottawa and McClouth to shop at that Wal-Mart.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Was out in Manhattan this weekend for graduation.  After congratulating all my friends on their impending start dates at a variety of prestigious companies, I went out to Aggieville where I used my black card to buy drinks for everyone at the bar.  This included -- poor fellow -- an emaciated young man in a KU shirt holding a can of Beer 30.  I bought him a 750 of Sam Adams Millennium (I was trying to stay in a budget; I didn't know the man, so I asked the bartender to give him something cheap).  He took one sip, spit it out and made a face.  Said he preferred his Beer 30.  I was flabbergasted.  Here was a man who was so entrenched in his poverty that he had learned to actually prefer it.  As I slept that night on my Tempurpedic (I had the hotel bring one in for me, can't sleep on those standard mattresses anymore), I couldn't help but ponder what it would be like to be that desperately poor.  Even when I rented out Coco Bolos for brunch for myself and three of my friends the next morning, it still bothered me.  Once I got back to Westwood Hills I started to feel a little better, but I still haven't fully shaken off the experience.
emaw

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Don't  understand why ku folk take so much fake pride in a place that tries so hard to be Olathe Jr.  yet can't seem to displace all the farm implement dealerships and Co-Ops and people drivin in from Ottawa and McClouth to shop at that Wal-Mart.

Olathe is ten times richer than Lawrenctucky.  Fact

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Every time I drive down Mass Street, I keep getting the idea in my head that People of Lawrence would be a great sister website to People of Wal-Mart.  

I've always had a similar idea, but never knew how to express it so beautifully.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Poor people are dicks, as is obvious from Ben's posts.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Been awhile since Ben was gracing us with his presence.  I'm just glad that the Portland public librarys' internet is up and running again.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Been awhile since Ben was gracing us with his presence.  I'm just glad that the Portland public librarys' internet is up and running again.

It's so perfectly ironic that he now lives in Portland, OR.   :lol: :lol: :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wait, wait...is Lawrence in Kansas or Nerbaska?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
I guess Manhattan's cool if you like Riley rats, chewing tobacco, country music, belt buckles, and the smell of farm animals. 

:dunno:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ben doesn't wear belts? :horrorsurprise:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Lawrence is the best city in Kansas, without question.  Manhattan is Junction City with a junior college. 

Every city in Johnson County save olathe, gardner and merriam absolutely clown lowrents.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Was out in Manhattan this weekend for graduation.  After congratulating all my friends on their impending start dates at a variety of prestigious companies, I went out to Aggieville where I used my black card to buy drinks for everyone at the bar.  This included -- poor fellow -- an emaciated young man in a KU shirt holding a can of Beer 30.  I bought him a 750 of Sam Adams Millennium (I was trying to stay in a budget; I didn't know the man, so I asked the bartender to give him something cheap).  He took one sip, spit it out and made a face.  Said he preferred his Beer 30.  I was flabbergasted.  Here was a man who was so entrenched in his poverty that he had learned to actually prefer it.  As I slept that night on my Tempurpedic (I had the hotel bring one in for me, can't sleep on those standard mattresses anymore), I couldn't help but ponder what it would be like to be that desperately poor.  Even when I rented out Coco Bolos for brunch for myself and three of my friends the next morning, it still bothered me.  Once I got back to Westwood Hills I started to feel a little better, but I still haven't fully shaken off the experience.

:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Here was a man who was so entrenched in his poverty that he had learned to actually prefer it.

Lol.  

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 08:18:04 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Lawrence is the best city in Kansas, without question.  Manhattan is Junction City with a junior college. 

Every city in Johnson County save olathe, gardner and merriam absolutely clown lowrents.
Olathe stitched together the clowsuit that Lawrence now wears.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I guess Manhattan's cool if you like Riley rats, chewing tobacco, country music, belt buckles, and the smell of farm animals. 

Look at you, narrow-minded Beems, grouping an entire community of people together by generalizations.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

wave the wheat!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I will be in Lawrence next week.  I think I'll bring a few fistfuls of cash to distribute to the homeless there.  I'm thinking of buying a few properties so they have some place to squat.  I may even have my driver swing the ol' Bentley through Wichita to pick up a few more to help this colony grow...maybe seed a little venture I'd like to call WeeWee Window Washers, Inc.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile

Look at you, narrow-minded Beems, grouping an entire community of people together by generalizations.

It's okay.  He wasn't rich enough to go to grad school like some of us.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's okay.  He wasn't rich enough to go to grad school like some of us.

I'm getting a masters in environmental economics at Oregon, dumbass. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, when I think of a good time, I think of Leawood/Lenexa.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile

Yeah, when I think of a good time, I think of Leawood/Lenexa.

You didn't specify. If I wanna get piss drunk at some shitty bar and stumble home to my house in the campus slums, then lowrents > Joco. 

But if I want to live in a nice house, in a nice part of town and be rich as eff (because I'm a Kazzu Wildcat fan, duh) then Lenexa/Leawood is just fine by me.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Topeka is much better than any of those places.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Topeka is much better than any of those places.

Is it true that Topeka is getting a 23rd St. Brewery? 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are you driving the 100+ miles to Eugene or getting an online degree?  (Lol!)  What, was the University of Phoenix too expensive?