Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 217903 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey Financial Types, if a Director of a Corporation owns common stock, are there any restrictions on their ability to trade those stocks or be paid dividends on those shares? 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey Financial Types, if a Director of a Corporation owns common stock, are there any restrictions on their ability to trade those stocks or be paid dividends on those shares? 
Not if you have good accountants and/or lawyers.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Like say the Director of the Corp has his own Corporation(s) that actually own the stock?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I love poor ku fans.  They are lesser than us but more because they keep trying.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
True story, I saw a family of 3 today at Target.  All wearing KU shirts.  Best part, it was during the game.  Poor KU fans, and by poor I mean poor, like not having as much money as KSU fans. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I haven't seen an ass raping like this since american history x

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile

Like say the Director of the Corp has his own Corporation(s) that actually own the stock?

Sometimes I can't tell if you're joking or not.  Gonna go out on a limb and assume you're not in this case.

If you're asking whether there are restriction on purchases and sales of shares of common stock for members of boards of directors for publicly traded companies...of course there are.  Privately held companies?  No.  Restrictions on receiving dividends for shares of common stock?  Not that I'm aware of and none that would make any sense off the top of my head.

If you're asking whether those restrictions can be avoided if you hold those shares in another corporation that you control?  No.  It's called "attribution."  The same goes for immediate family members and even some not-so immediate family members as well.

Weird rough ridin' question d00d.  Did I miss a joke somewhere?

BTW, don't rough ridin' listen to MadCat, apparently.  He'll get your ass thrown in jail.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
Sorry guys not to pile on with a story about poor ku fans but this one just broke my heart.

Was purchasing a beautiful Ralph houndstooth jacket today at MW in Wichita ( :barf: apologies to u cat grads who got stuck there because you are on the BOD at multi-billion dollar aerospace corps), but I needed something to drive home in and found a great bargain at the low-low price of like $250 or $215. Who knows I mean it's only money right? Sales guy asked if I wanted to utilize their free tailor but I said no, I would pay my personal tailor to handle it.

Anyways, was standing in checkout line behind a guy with a ku hat on whose wife was with him and he was trying to buy an $80 shirt (I only bought one at full price myself.) His card was declined. Tried his wife's, they looked worried. No go. Poor salesman had to break it to them that without money, they could not purchase any items from their store, per company policy. Just killed me. They bugged out before I could try and give the guy a hundo handshake, so I just hope they are ok. :frown:

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Went to Price Chopper in OP today. A KU fan bagged my groceries, so I gave the poor girl a $20 out of sympathy.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
Went to Price Chopper in OP today. A KU fan bagged my groceries, so I gave the poor girl a $20 out of sympathy.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Overheard some ku fans smoking outside the Village Inn the other day talking about how they wanted to join the Church of Scientology but didn't have the scratch. Just not good. :bawl:

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile

Guys, while this is all great and proves that EMAW are all good people, we need to stop doing this.  I mean, what if KU fans begin to expect this?  Not that I couldn't afford it, but I am afraid the next time I am at Johnny's after watching a Kat game in the suite at the Sprint Center, the KU fans will all just expect me to pick up their bills. I am all for being charitable, but at some point people have to learn to take care of themselves, you know. 

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
I mean, you can set your watch to this cac.

A really expensive watch.

:gocho: <---------$400 Oakleys

Polarized with a customized trim (just like mine).

:love:

Spending out of budget  :nono:

BTW, sent from my iPad  $$$ :love:

Offline Maccat

• Fan
    • View Profile
I think Beems is right the survey is not accurate.  The survey was taken about the time of Beem's Paul Pierce "is in town." He obvious took the survey. Raised the income of the average KU fan that are around Trim's 30-35000.  Explains lower number of games attend by fans.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Look at all the rich fatcats behind the Cats. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

BTW, don't rough ridin' listen to MadCat, apparently.  He'll get your ass thrown in jail.
This

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
We should add healthier and know how party harder to the list...

http://www.khi.org/news/2011/mar/30/new-report-ranks-health-kansas-counties/?print

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
We should add healthier and know how party harder to the list...

http://www.khi.org/news/2011/mar/30/new-report-ranks-health-kansas-counties/?print

oh my.  richer, healthier, younger, more fun and non-bandwagon!?  JFC, K-Staters are better in literally every category.   :gocho:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Riley County also had significantly lower rates for teen births and motor vehicle deaths. Ninety percent of residents had a high-school degree and 77 percent reported some college. Higher education rates generally coincide with better incomes and better health.

JFC, put under the microscope of science, and KSU is just the best.

I'm going to go out for a nice run, some crunches in the park than lunch at Capital Grille.  May swing by Halls for a new suit.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Riley County also had significantly lower rates for teen births and motor vehicle deaths. Ninety percent of residents had a high-school degree and 77 percent reported some college. Higher education rates generally coincide with better incomes and better health.

JFC, put under the microscope of science, and KSU is just the best.

I'm going to go out for a nice run, some crunches in the park than lunch at Capital Grille.  May swing by Halls for a new suit.

You remove the participants of MCMW from Douglas county, and it would prop level out in these stats.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I'd feel the need to hide my blushing , but I don't think anyone can see me all the way up here in my penthouse suite. Anyone that says it sucks to be fun, rich, young, and healthy doesn't know wtf they are talking about. What's that? Oh that's right, nobody says that.  :cool:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Prob be faster to start listing the things we aren't superior in rather than tacking on to the long list of things we are superior in.   :dunno:

Offline wildcat1979

• Fan
    • View Profile
I hope someone has taken this TO THE PHOG!  :cheese:

I did, right after it came out.  Of course they argued and tried to discredit the surveyors.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
man it sucks ass to be a ku fan.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
It's amazing how well I turned out considering I came from the SEK "hot pocket" of fatties.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Shouldn't beems be here trying to prove that all these studies leaning our way are a statistical anomaly or something?