Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 216891 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
the truth is that 99% of ku students grew up in kansas city and then 98% of the ones that graduate move right back home when they're done. it's a five year migration to lawrence where everybody yells home of the chiefs before bball games and rip their effing heads off for fball games. when their time in lawrence is up, they go back home (kc) to breed and then their offspring have their own migration when they are 18. veritable circle of life in lawrentucky. thunder, ohh ahh ahhh ahhh ahhh ooh ooh ahhh, thunder.  :lol:

Didn't want this to go unnoticed. wow.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
the truth is that 99% of ku students grew up in kansas city and then 98% of the ones that graduate move right back home when they're done. it's a five year migration to lawrence where everybody yells home of the chiefs before bball games and rip their effing heads off for fball games. when their time in lawrence is up, they go back home (kc) to breed and then their offspring have their own migration when they are 18. veritable circle of life in lawrentucky. thunder, ohh ahh ahhh ahhh ahhh ooh ooh ahhh, thunder.  :lol:

Didn't want this to go unnoticed. wow.

I'm one of the few that actually escaped the KU army.  Thank God for that.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
We have the #105 business school in the country, you tards have #108.  Let the cripple fight ensue.

:dubious:   :comehere:

But seriously, would love to see stats on which school produces more business owners.  Pretty sure I know the answer...
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
It's great that science has finally put this thing to rest and confirmed what we have all known for some time.....we are richer, younger and better fans.  feels good fellas.  feels very good.   :cool:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
It's great that science has finally put this thing to rest and confirmed what we have all known for some time.....we are richer, younger and better fans.  feels good fellas.  feels very good.   :cool:

It's great but I'm hearing some ku fans want to attack science.  According to them 1+1=3

I will defend science, as an intellectual and as an American, I have to.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

It's great but I'm hearing some ku fans want to attack science.  According to them 1+1=3

ku fans are all redneck science haters that don't want evolution taught in the classrooms.  Not shocked at all. 

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I've always found it odd and somewhat pathetic that nearly all KU fans wear hideously ill-fitting KU gear while visiting landmarks after selling the old family truck (or whatever) to finance the trip...as if some 14 year-old boy in San Francisco might google KU after seeing Cindy McLarge (or whatever) wearing crimson and blue Hammer pants and a Keith Langford jersey on the Golden Gate Bridge.  This story kind of pulls it all together for me.  A real eye-opener.  Financial instability and delusions of grandeur make for a particularly volatile crocktail, friends.  Please think of your KU-grad friends before having your assistants take your old belongings to Goodwill.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:43:51 PM by TheProdigiousTalent »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Facts

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile

ku fans are all redneck science haters that don't want evolution taught in the classrooms.  Not shocked at all. 

young Earthers also

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
This thread is headed towards a good old fashioned campus pretty-off. Cue several pictures from beems of the trees in Lawrence during the fall and a few from the emaws of Hale Library from flattering angles.
someone should start a thread for favorite "spots" or "buildings'' on campus.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
These numbers are hilarious.  First of all, nice sample size of less than 2000.  Next, only 29% of the respondents were K-State fans, meaning your average is weighted more significantly by individuals.  Also, approximately 60% of the respondents were men, and men make up to 20% more than women who have the same job.  Last but not least, K-State grads relocate to hot spots like Topeka, Wichita, and Kansas City, while KU fans move on to places like Chicago, New York, LA, London, Australia, etc, etc.  

You're not effing serious, brah, are you?  You take this too seriously.  Go drink a pint of Ninkasi Tricerahops (made in Eugene) and some Momokawa Junmai Ginjo organic sake (made in Forest Grove) at one of our fine local drinking establishments and chill the eff out.  You can't be this high-strung in Oregon, brah.  We might kick you out.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:01:51 AM by TheProdigiousTalent »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tardville Validation Nation has been running an onslaught all over the Internet to "explain" this article.

It's quite pathetic.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like KU fans as well. They are family.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
My wife (KSU undergrad and KSU masters in Speech Therapy) decided she wanted to test the job market here in San Antonio... I thought, "Pfft, go ahead" (job market being down etc) 5 job offers on the table later...
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Guys, true story.  I was at Hen House this morning and I saw some KU fans wearing B12 championship shirts from 4 years ago.  I figured that they probably didn't attend KU since most of their fans don't, but I figured I would give it a shot.  I asked them if they went to KU and surprisingly they did.  They were pretty nice people so I decided to give them some money so they could get a ride downtown and have a few drinks at the P and L tonight during the game.  I figured it was the least I could do you know. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I'm going to bury the hatchet right now.  Rubbing your success in the faces of losers is wrong.  Sure, it feels good to point out your school has superior fans in all regards but at the end of the day, we are all people.  Some of us are just better.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm going to bury the hatchet right now.  Rubbing your success in the faces of losers is wrong.  Sure, it feels good to point out your school has superior fans in all regards but at the end of the day, we are all people.  Some of us are just better.

And have more money

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Guys,

I didn't read this whole thread, but I am just wondering how this thread could have gotten so long given that it's about scientific facts proven by the KC Star?  What is there to discuss or debate?  :ck:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys,

I didn't read this whole thread, but I am just wondering how this thread could have gotten so long given that it's about scientific facts proven by the KC Star?  What is there to discuss or debate?  :ck:

First of all I just want to say we're all one big Sunflower Family, but as Limestone pointed out, some family members just live in better neighborhoods and towns, in this case the right side of the track crowd has K-State flags in front of their house. 

Also want to agree with Pete and others, debate over this is like dealing with Flat Earth types.    There's nothing to debate here.

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
These numbers are hilarious.  First of all, nice sample size of less than 2000.  Next, only 29% of the respondents were K-State fans, meaning your average is weighted more significantly by individuals.  Also, approximately 60% of the respondents were men, and men make up to 20% more than women who have the same job.  Last but not least, K-State grads relocate to hot spots like Topeka, Wichita, and Kansas City, while KU fans move on to places like Chicago, New York, LA, London, Australia, etc, etc. 

Best friend from HS is a KU grad.  Played the trumpet on a Carnival cruise ship for a few years, now picking grapes in Australia.  Really putting that degree to work.  Sure, it's purely anecdotal.  But even if you consider kids I went to HS with that split between KU/K-State....it's very obvious who (by my measure) are more successful in life.  I have hired my share of KU grads and I like them just fine.  They don't know anything so I can teach them do to the job how I want it done.  They're also significantly cheaper.

Nice anecdotal story, but it's complete bullsh*t.  KU alums make more money than K-State alums, and KU's classes are much tougher than K-State's.  Your university is basically a glorified junior college. 

pretty sure the star told me they didn't.  oh my bad.  sample size was too small, asked the wrong people etc.

Typical K-State education.  The KC Star didn't interview alums.  They interviewed fans.  It's no secret that KU has more bandwagon fans than K-State.  People like themselves a winner.

That's because they couldn't find any ku alums.

Yeah... it's really hard to find KU alums in the KC metro.

:facepalm:

Of Course KU fans are well traveled and cultured and KSU fans are all hayseeds. I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time i'm on the tube headed to an elite dinner spot in London or club in Soho. I'm sure Oregon is nice though too. I hear they have trees there and stuff. :popcorn:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Didn't they invent and/or perfect the technology for lasik eye surgery at KSU? Chingon maybe knows?

KSU, ahead of the curve.

Congrats on improving technology for lasik eye surgery, little bro.  We'll just have to settle for inventing the game of basketball. 

:bracketmouse:

You mean stealing it?

LOL, pike's gonna get his ass kicked by a 72-year-old man.

Ian Naismith says that Lambert Will had nothing to do with the invention of basketball and that Herkimer’s influence has been exaggerated. He believes that Will simply witnessed a game long after James Naismith organized a team, and when Will introduced the sport to Herkimer, he was credited by the townspeople as its inventor.

“We know the story,” said Ian Naismith, 72. “I hear ’em all, son.”

Before long he’s screaming, out of breath.

“I’m ready to kick some ass,” he said. “I will hurt somebody. Whoever says it can face me, and I’m 260 pounds.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/10/2716322/theory-that-lambert-will-invented.html#ixzz1GPOw4cNo

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
This thread is headed towards a good old fashioned campus pretty-off. Cue several pictures from beems of the trees in Lawrence during the fall and a few from the emaws of Hale Library from flattering angles.

:gocho:

Wow, absolutely gorgeous.  You got us on this one. :lol: :lol:  Btw, which building was the Morris thug shooting the bebe gun out of?    :lol: :lol:   
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Didn't they invent and/or perfect the technology for lasik eye surgery at KSU? Chingon maybe knows?

KSU, ahead of the curve.

Congrats on improving technology for lasik eye surgery, little bro.  We'll just have to settle for inventing the game of basketball. 

:bracketmouse:

You mean stealing it?

LOL, pike's gonna get his ass kicked by a 72-year-old man.

Ian Naismith says that Lambert Will had nothing to do with the invention of basketball and that Herkimer’s influence has been exaggerated. He believes that Will simply witnessed a game long after James Naismith organized a team, and when Will introduced the sport to Herkimer, he was credited by the townspeople as its inventor.

“We know the story,” said Ian Naismith, 72. “I hear ’em all, son.”

Before long he’s screaming, out of breath.

“I’m ready to kick some ass,” he said. “I will hurt somebody. Whoever says it can face me, and I’m 260 pounds.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/10/2716322/theory-that-lambert-will-invented.html#ixzz1GPOw4cNo

That is one fat ass 72 year old son of a thief.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Philip Anschutz could buy K-State and its entire alumni base about six times over.