Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 214923 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Which is more embarassing:  that KU med school accepts more K-State undergrads than UK undergrads, or that the K-State undergrands can't get into a decent med school?  I'm undecided.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Zachary received 83 points out of a possible 103.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Lol, poor excuses for a poor people.  Numbers don't lie

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Nice clownsuit, Beems.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
These numbers are hilarious.  First of all, nice sample size of less than 2000.  Next, only 29% of the respondents were K-State fans, meaning your average is weighted more significantly by individuals.  Also, approximately 60% of the respondents were men, and men make up to 20% more than women who have the same job.  Last but not least, K-State grads relocate to hot spots like Topeka, Wichita, and Kansas City, while KU fans move on to places like Chicago, New York, LA, London, Australia, etc, etc. 

Best friend from HS is a KU grad.  Played the trumpet on a Carnival cruise ship for a few years, now picking grapes in Australia.  Really putting that degree to work.  Sure, it's purely anecdotal.  But even if you consider kids I went to HS with that split between KU/K-State....it's very obvious who (by my measure) are more successful in life.  I have hired my share of KU grads and I like them just fine.  They don't know anything so I can teach them do to the job how I want it done.  They're also significantly cheaper.

Nice anecdotal story, but it's complete bullsh*t.  KU alums make more money than K-State alums, and KU's classes are much tougher than K-State's.  Your university is basically a glorified junior college. 

pretty sure the star told me they didn't.  oh my bad.  sample size was too small, asked the wrong people etc.

Typical K-State education.  The KC Star didn't interview alums.  They interviewed fans.  It's no secret that KU has more bandwagon fans than K-State.  People like themselves a winner.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
These numbers are hilarious.  First of all, nice sample size of less than 2000.  Next, only 29% of the respondents were K-State fans, meaning your average is weighted more significantly by individuals.  Also, approximately 60% of the respondents were men, and men make up to 20% more than women who have the same job.  Last but not least, K-State grads relocate to hot spots like Topeka, Wichita, and Kansas City, while KU fans move on to places like Chicago, New York, LA, London, Australia, etc, etc. 

Best friend from HS is a KU grad.  Played the trumpet on a Carnival cruise ship for a few years, now picking grapes in Australia.  Really putting that degree to work.  Sure, it's purely anecdotal.  But even if you consider kids I went to HS with that split between KU/K-State....it's very obvious who (by my measure) are more successful in life.  I have hired my share of KU grads and I like them just fine.  They don't know anything so I can teach them do to the job how I want it done.  They're also significantly cheaper.

Nice anecdotal story, but it's complete bullsh*t.  KU alums make more money than K-State alums, and KU's classes are much tougher than K-State's.  Your university is basically a glorified junior college. 

Our electrical engineering department is larger than your entire college of engineering.  It's pathetic.

My brother is a KU grad, installs cable or some chit.  My sister is a KU grad (used to take tests for Darnell Jackson and some others), she's one step above a telemarketer.  Both my parents are KU fans and neither attended.  My family is a walking talking stereotype so perhaps my perception is skewed.
I took the FE exam about 6 months after I graduated. I took it in Lawrence because I was working in KC. Calling me an average KSU engineering student is prolly a bit lofty, GPA isn't exactly stellar. I was in a room of about 400 KU engineering students. I didn't study at all. Was the first [redacted] out of that building because I wanted to catch the score of the KSU/OU game (we lost, but had a good first half). I passed that crap test. God knows how many of those dumbass hayseed engg students at KU ended up taking it again later.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
My sister is a KU and Texas alum, now she's one of those over-compensated government employees.  She had me tour the KU engineering dept before going to K-State.  I just lolled.  It was like one 5 year old computer that they all got to time share on.  

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Lots of bandwagon fans for the worst football program in the conf?

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
One more admittedly anecdotal but quite telling example..

Uncle has a Master's from KU. Had been, for many years, relegated to shift work at a fiberglass plant.. until being laid off a couple months ago.

:frown: he never had a chance

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lots of bandwagon fans for the worst football program in the conf?

:facepalm:

Speaking of football (since you always bring it up on the basketball board), when was the last time K-State won a bowl game?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

pretty sure the star told me they didn't.  oh my bad.  sample size was too small, asked the wrong people etc.

Typical K-State education.  The KC Star didn't interview alums.  They interviewed fans.  It's no secret that KU has more bandwagon fans than K-State.  People like themselves a winner.

That's because they couldn't find any ku alums.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Best friend from HS is a KU grad.  Played the trumpet on a Carnival cruise ship for a few years, now picking grapes in Australia.  Really putting that degree to work.  Sure, it's purely anecdotal.  But even if you consider kids I went to HS with that split between KU/K-State....it's very obvious who (by my measure) are more successful in life.  I have hired my share of KU grads and I like them just fine.  They don't know anything so I can teach them do to the job how I want it done.  They're also significantly cheaper.

Leave it to the lazy Star writers to not stop by McDonald's.  No wonder it's a dying industry.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Beems is flailing like the japanese people in this thread

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
I will go on record and say that I know quite a few older KU grads (retired or pseudo-retirement age) who are wildly successful and great people.  I see big difference in the gen-x and gen-y UK grads.  It's a shame because I think they had a good thing going for a long time.  

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
68% of ku's undergraduate enrollment comes from Johnson, Wyandotte, Douglas, Leavenworth and Shawnee counties.  

Way to cut the apron strings kids!!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

1000 appologies.  I'll be happy to see the truth on this issue when you present your source for your theories on the incomes of the graduates from these two universities

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah... it's really hard to find KU alums in the KC metro.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
Can they find alumni?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile

Best friend from HS is a KU grad.  Played the trumpet on a Carnival cruise ship for a few years, now picking grapes in Australia.  Really putting that degree to work.  Sure, it's purely anecdotal. 
Not going to lie, I wouldn't mind doing either of those.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
:popsout12inchpenisencasedingoldandsmacksbeemsacrossthefacewithit:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah... it's really hard to find KU alums in the KC metro.

You actually have to graduate to be an alum, not drop out after wasting 2 years "working" on a liberal arts degree.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:popsout12inchpenisencasedingoldandsmacksbeemsacrossthefacewithit:

:enjoyingsunshinewhereiambecauseitsnotoregon:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Honest to god I know more people that dropped out of ku than graduated.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Honest to god I know more people that dropped out of ku than graduated.

Probably because it's so hard. Didn't you see where BMW said that KU's classes are much tougher than K-State's?

EDIT:  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:02:40 PM by Scary Smart »