Author Topic: 6-seed  (Read 7303 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
6-seed
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:15:54 PM »
I'd rather have a 6-seed than what we currently have now.  But if you guys would rather bitch about us losing this and having to play the likes of St. John's and Ohio St. then by all means meltdown.  This will give us the best chance for any tourney run without winning the Phillips 66 for a 4 seed.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Re: 6-seed
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
Yeah, we should totally be in the Final Four, that is, as long as Colorado isn't in the way.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
I agree.  Being a 5/6 seed I liked better than a 4.  Maybe we will get lucky and get BYU also.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 04:23:48 PM »
I agree.  Being a 5/6 seed I liked better than a 4.  Maybe we will get lucky and get BYU also.

We are currently a 5 seed, and we were not going to be a 6 unless we lost today.  Our only other hope of getting out of the 5 is winning the Phillips 66 for a 4 spot.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »

you guys are rough ridin' crazy.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 04:26:51 PM »

We are currently a 5 seed, and we were not going to be a 6 unless we lost today.  Our only other hope of getting out of the 5 is winning the Phillips 66 for a 4 spot.

Thanks for explaining my point?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »

No dipshit you said you liked 5/6 better than 4.  You should like 4/6 better than 5.   :facepalm:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
WTF are you guys comparing being a 4 seed vs. being a 5 seed for?  JFC  :facepalm:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »

you guys are rough ridin' crazy.
you know who won the national championship as a 6 seed!?!?! DO YOU!!!!?@

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 04:31:55 PM »

No dipshit you said you liked 5/6 better than 4.  You should like 4/6 better than 5.   :facepalm:

I meant I liked the 6 side better than the 4/5 side.  Sorry for pakn, damn.

Offline Bob Strawn

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 05:48:12 PM »
I see Statie getting a 7 seed. I hope by some miracle we get to stomp your collective jaws in, in the tourney.

Rock Chalk.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 05:50:29 PM »
I see Statie getting a 7 seed. I hope by some miracle we get to stomp your collective jaws in, in the tourney.

Rock Chalk.
You do realize that if that did happen it could only be an Elite Eight game right?  Dipshit.

Offline Bob Strawn

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 05:55:49 PM »

Rock Chalk.
You do realize that if that did happen it could only be an Elite Eight game right?  Dipcac.

I do realize that. Thanks..? I'm confident KU will make the E8. You guys step up and do your part. 1 seed isn't on the same side of a region as the 7.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »

Rock Chalk.

84-68 dipcac. we want to play you losers again.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 05:58:12 PM »

Rock Chalk.
You do realize that if that did happen it could only be an Elite Eight game right?  Dipcac.

I do realize that. Thanks..? I'm confident KU will make the E8. You guys step up and do your part. 1 seed isn't on the same side of a region as the 7.
I think any ksu fan would love an elite eight run.  I guess I don't see the point of your post?  Was it some weird attempt at talking crap?  Why would us being a 7 seed be so important?  It's the same as a 6 for your post? :ck:

Offline Bob Strawn

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 06:04:41 PM »

Rock Chalk.

Why in god's name would you want to play us again? Are you that stupid? 90-66.

Do you expect Pullen to have another career night? Do you really expect the Morris brothers to combine for 16 and 3 again? Do you really think that your Cats will shoot 57% AGAIN against one of the most efficient defensive teams in the nation?

Look, your team got up for one HUGE game, and I give them all the credit in the world. But we're better than you in nearly every measurable statistical category. Our body of work blows yours out of the water. It's naive to say that you'd like to play a superior team again.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 06:05:41 PM »

Rock Chalk.

Do you expect Pullen to have another career night? Do you really expect the Morris brothers to combine for 16 and 3 again? Do you really think that your Cats will shoot 57% AGAIN against one of the most efficient defensive teams in the nation?

Look, your team got up for one HUGE game, and I give them all the credit in the world. But we're better than you in nearly every measurable statistical category. Our body of work blows yours out of the water. It's naive to say that you'd like to play a superior team again.

then why can't KU beat us? 84-68 clown.

Offline Bob Strawn

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »

Rock Chalk.

I think any ksu fan would love an elite eight run.  I guess I don't see the point of your post?  Was it some weird attempt at talking cac?  Why would us being a 7 seed be so important?  It's the same as a 6 for your post? :ck:

I know you guys would be thrilled with an Elite 8 run. Though I don't really understand why, considering this was 'your year to feel like the big boys'. But I understand the 6/7 thing too. I was just saying I think that you guys will fall to the 7 line. You seemed to assert that I didn't understand how seeding works.

Offline Bob Strawn

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 06:10:43 PM »

Rock Chalk.

See, I'm not upset over that K State game anymore. I think it's comical that you guys are still coasting on the high of that game. That was your super bowl and you showed up.

Just because you guys won once doesn't mean it's going to happen every time. If that was so, you wouldn't have lost 181 games against us compared to 91 you have won. Maybe I'm reaching in the fact that I'm expecting a stater to comprehend probability.

I guarantee here and now that we would beat you guys by double digits if we meet again. But that likely won't happen considering I doubt you guys will make it out of the first weekend.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »

Rock Chalk.

See, I'm not upset over that K State game anymore. I think it's comical that you guys are still coasting on the high of that game. That was your super bowl and you showed up.

Just because you guys won once doesn't mean it's going to happen every time. If that was so, you wouldn't have lost 181 games against us compared to 91 you have won. Maybe I'm reaching in the fact that I'm expecting a stater to comprehend probability.

I guarantee here and now that we would beat you guys by double digits if we meet again. But that likely won't happen considering I doubt you guys will make it out of the first weekend.

Grats on the win today and stuff.  But if I was a passionate KU alum fan like yourself, I would not be as confident that my team could make it to the Elite 8.  Given KU's postseason history under Seff, and how you have squeaked by a few teams on the road with a W this season....making the Elite 8 doesn't seem like an easy task for even for a 1 seed KU team.

Offline Bob Strawn

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »

Rock Chalk.

Grats on the win today and stuff.  But if I was a passionate KU alum fan like yourself, I would not be as confident that my team could make it to the Elite 8.  Given KU's postseason history under Seff, and how you have squeaked by a few teams on the road with a W this season....making the Elite 8 doesn't seem like an easy task for even for a 1 seed KU team.

I am confident this year. Last year, not so much. We seemed a little overconfident. I wouldn't really call it a 'history' though. '04-'05 and last year stung. Bad. I'll be the first to admit that. The other early exit wasn't all too surprising. Aside from those 3 years, we've won a title with a team similar to this one and made it to the 2nd weekend 3 times (2 E8s). Keep in mind one of those years was after losing our top 7 scorers and all of our leadership. Self still coached them to a Big 12 title and a S16 birth. That team lost to an eventual NC team.

We have the deepest team in America. We'll be focused. I promise that. There's a good article over on kusports.com about McMorris after the loss last year. Gives me more confidence in his leadership. As long as the Morris bros can control their tempers and our perimeter defense plays well, I am not too nervous about an exit before the E8 at the earliest.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 06:25:15 PM »
I really don't think sam knows how this whole seeding thing works.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »
Guise!!! THERE'S A GOOD ARTICLE ON KUSPORTS DOT COM!!!!!!

Offline Bob Strawn

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 06:33:30 PM »
Guise!!! THERE'S A GOOD ARTICLE ON KUSPORTS DOT COM!!!!!!

KState message board fans typically fall under 2 archetypes.

1) Bumbling idiots like you.

2) Reasonable people like WildcatNkilt.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 06:34:52 PM »

Rock Chalk.

I am confident this year. Last year, not so much. We seemed a little overconfident. I wouldn't really call it a 'history' though. '04-'05 and last year stung. Bad. I'll be the first to admit that. The other early exit wasn't all too surprising. Aside from those 3 years, we've won a title with a team similar to this one and made it to the 2nd weekend 3 times (2 E8s). Keep in mind one of those years was after losing our top 7 scorers and all of our leadership. Self still coached them to a Big 12 title and a S16 birth. That team lost to an eventual NC team.

We have the deepest team in America. We'll be focused. I promise that. There's a good article over on kusports.com about McMorris after the loss last year. Gives me more confidence in his leadership. As long as the Morris bros can control their tempers and our perimeter defense plays well, I am not too nervous about an exit before the E8 at the earliest.

Collins was a better leader for you last year than anyone you have on the team this year.  What makes you think you guys won't come out and play like you did us, or even OK State?  You would have lost in the 2nd round (maybe 1st) if you would have played like you did today in the ncaa tournament.