Author Topic: Big 12 Awards  (Read 22298 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: Big 12 Awards
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2011, 06:45:18 PM »
You guys are awfully bitter. Keep digging for reasons. Marcus deserved it. Pullen didn't. End of story.

so if tomorrow there were an open draft for big 12 players and you could pick first, you'd take morris on your team over pullen?

What kind of question is this? He is a KU homer. Of course he is going to pick Marcus.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2011, 06:51:58 PM »
You guys are awfully bitter. Keep digging for reasons. Marcus deserved it. Pullen didn't. End of story.

so if tomorrow there were an open draft for big 12 players and you could pick first, you'd take morris on your team over pullen?

Easy choice.  Morris is a junior.  Jake wouldn't be eligible to play next year.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »

:facepalm:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2011, 07:23:35 PM »

:lol:

But really, Marcus would just cry and sniffle the whole time because his brother wasn't there. It's the same reason they'll suck in the NBA. Well, that and playing under Self.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2011, 07:30:23 PM »
bobfescoe Bob Fescoe
I think MK deserved player of the year over MC. I think they got the votes wrong on this one..
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2011, 07:31:39 PM »
bobfescoe Bob Fescoe
I think MK deserved player of the year over MC. I think they got the votes wrong on this one..

LOL, he doesn't even try anymore.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2011, 07:32:25 PM »
Obviously voters overlooked his huge character issues.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »
bobfescoe Bob Fescoe

LOL, he doesn't even try anymore.

MK had at least twice the # of dbl-dbl right?

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2011, 08:15:19 PM »
so impressed with the bbs'ing iq on this board.   :cheers:

I was browsing another board :powerespect: that apparently has no "reply" option on its threads, or else the posters haven't figured out how to use it ... or there may be some other explanation for the bazillions of "Self COY," "Balbay DPOY," "Morris POY" one-post threads   :bang:

I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »
How does Massa Seff get COY over Tad-pole, Turd, & Frank?  All 3 are more deserving; although no one can understimate how many hours Seff stayed up late patrolling the mean streets of Larrytown making sure his players weren't driving around with 15 yr olds and mounds of coke on their consoles instead of sleeping in their wooden beds on the plantation.  Maybe they should clarify if the award includes off the court stuff or strictly in-game?   :ck:  
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »
How does Massa Seff get COY over Tad-pole, Turd, & Frank?  All 3 are more deserving; although no one can understimate how many hours Seff stayed up late patrolling the mean streets of Larrytown making sure his players weren't driving around with 15 yr olds and mounds of coke on their consoles instead of sleeping in their wooden beds on the plantation.  Maybe they should clarify if the award includes off the court stuff or strictly in-game?   :ck:  

Pretty tough to hit all of the bullet points in one succinct post, but you did it.

Well done.   :emawkid:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »
Self is COY.  Took a team loaded with cheap players, character issues and outright criminals and still beat the lower 3/4 of the conf.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2011, 08:38:55 PM »
Self is COY.  Took a team loaded with cheap players, character issues and outright criminals and still beat the lower 3/4 of the conf.

Protecting Brady from not wrapping his car around a light pole is a 24/7 job.  I bet that man hasn't slept more than two hours a night in the past couple of years with those drunks, woman beaters, and outright criminals threatening to stop his streak.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
Turd, much as I hate the little crybaby bitch should have been COY.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »

Either him or Boyle.

For a first year coach, what Boyle did was damn near a miracle, even with Burks.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »

Protecting Brady from not wrapping his car around a light pole is a 24/7 job.  I bet that man hasn't slept more than two hours a night in the past couple of years with those drunks, woman beaters, and outright criminals threatening to stop his streak.

One of the most corrupt athletic departments in the country was under federal investigation and the AD was lining his pockets on the way out the door.  The football program was an absolute disaster and had to cancel a major improvement project because they were broke.  The school down the highway was destroying them in every sport but men's basketball...which was the only hope the moribund ku athletic program had.  That's a lot of pressure.  He earned it.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2011, 09:26:54 PM »
Butt hurt level:  high (and rising)

:love:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »

Usage of the term "butt hurt" level: even higher

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2011, 09:40:38 PM »

Level of copying and unoriginal "u mad" pictures: off the charts

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »

Either him or Boyle.

For a first year coach, what Boyle did was damn near a miracle, even with Burks.

not really. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »

Either him or Boyle.

not really. 

Overall victories?  No.

Top 50 victories?  Yes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »

Either him or Boyle.

Absolutely ridiculous.  Both of you should be ashamed, unless you dudes are high, in that case grats.  CU literally did nothing Nebraska didn't outside of winning in Manhattan.  A&M did not distinguish itself from KSU whatsoever.  There is very little difference between A&M, CU, NU, and Mizzou and you guys think one if those slobs are worthy of an award?  I had a slight hope that the coaches would eff that award up like they did the POY, and give it to Frank.  They did the right thing, Frank gets credit for making a much needed adjustment, but it shouldn't be forgotten that some of the turmoil in the slow start was his fault.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »

Level of copying and unoriginal "u mad" pictures: off the charts

:woot:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2011, 10:38:19 PM »

Either him or Boyle.

Absolutely ridiculous.  Both of you should be ashamed, unless you dudes are high, in that case grats.  CU literally did nothing Nebraska didn't outside of winning in Manhattan.  A&M did not distinguish itself from KSU whatsoever.  There is very little difference between A&M, CU, NU, and Mizzou and you guys think one if those slobs are worthy of an award?  I had a slight hope that the coaches would eff that award up like they did the POY, and give it to Frank.  They did the right thing, Frank gets credit for making a much needed adjustment, but it shouldn't be forgotten that some of the turmoil in the slow start was his fault.

:users:

Turgeon won ten games in this league with...what?  Kris Middleton?  David Loubeau?  He literally pulled a rabbit out of his hat and found some way to win ten games with a team that has less overall talent than Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Texas, and Baylor (at a minimum).

Boyle, a first year coach at CU, had the first winning record at Colorado since Ricardo Patton was there, had five top 50 wins, and has them squarely on the bubble for their first NCAA tournament since 2003.

I'm not going to say Self has no case for the award, but seriously...the eight wins Boyle got and the ten wins Turgeon got were much more impressive than the fourteen Self did when you look at what all three of them had to work with.

You can disagree, but to say it's 'absolutely ridiculous unless we're high' is kind of a stretch as well, don't you think?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Big 12 DVD Makers of the Year:  Kansas State