Author Topic: LoL  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
LoL
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:56:18 PM »
My gripe is KU's home games. I usually expect the home team to get a couple of favorable calls over the course of the game - just seems to be how it is at most places, especially for the "good" teams. My perception is that we get screwed on calls more often than not at our home games. Just my blue-tinted perception . . .

oh dear.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: LoL
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:59:34 PM »
My gripe is KU's home games. I usually expect the home team to get a couple of favorable calls over the course of the game - just seems to be how it is at most places, especially for the "good" teams. My perception is that we get screwed on calls more often than not at our home games. Just my blue-tinted perception . . .

oh dear.

It's true... go back and watch the KU/Mizzou game.  Xavier Henry gets slapped so hard on the arm you literally hear it on TV, and the refs call the ball out of bounds off of his leg. 

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:07:15 PM »

oh dear.

It's true... go back and watch the KU/Mizzou game.  Xavier Henry gets slapped so hard on the arm you literally hear it on TV, and the refs call the ball out of bounds off of his leg. 

So, one play is your example of "more often than not"?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
How many moving screens by Aldrich that nearly break bones fail to be called at Phag Allen?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »

oh dear.

No, it's just the first example that I had off the top of my head.  I really don't see the blatant homerism in Allen Fieldhouse that some might expect. 

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »

oh dear.

No, it's just the first example that I had off the top of my head.  I really don't see the blatant homerism in Allen Fieldhouse that some might expect. 

Well you also miss the blatant bias on the road, so somehow I'm not surprised.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 04:48:50 PM »
KU is just good.  They win at home.  They win on the road.  Yeah, they get some calls, but so do the opposing teams. 

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »

oh dear.

This thread was a great chance for you to win back some credibility

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 05:42:06 PM »
KU gets bad calls? Reeeally...??

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 06:46:56 PM »

oh dear.

KU gets the same bias that all good teams do at home. No more, no less. But it exists.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 06:48:50 PM »

oh dear.

KU gets the same bias that all good teams do at home. No more, no less. But it exists.

And it's delicious when its served to you.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
KU is just good.  They win at home.  They win on the road.  Yeah, they get some calls, but so do the opposing teams.  

Not sure why you're denying this. I'd be bragging this crap up.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 06:57:38 PM »
KU is just good.  They win at home.  They win on the road.  Yeah, they get some calls, but so do the opposing teams.  

Not sure why you're denying this. I'd be bragging this crap up.

Yeah. I mean, it's fantastic. Was great to get a taste against Nebraska, especially with Doc melting down and the Nebraska announcers crying after every call.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Bookcat

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 10:00:02 PM »
Texas A&M had 7 fouls to KU's zero fouls down the stretch on Monday...

musta just been how KU was playing D.
 :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: