Author Topic: Live chat with John Currie today at 2pm  (Read 15253 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Live chat with John Currie today at 2pm
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2011, 03:02:01 PM »
[Comment From ScaryTerry]
Hey John, great job so far. Did you read Jeremy Parker's Letter to the Editor in the Collegian a few weeks ago about sweeping minor problems under the rug? What are your thoughts on that point of view?

I believe that the overwhelming majority of K-Stater's want us to win with class and integrity. And, with the advantages we have at K-State and in the Big 12 we absolutely can compete at a championship level while achieving our vision of a model intercollegiate athletics program. We have the highest graduation rate int he Big 12 and in case anyone missed the last several days, we seem to be able to get it done in the games and competitions too.

Wonder who changed his name and submitted that after all his previous questions were not answered?

:peek:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:04:52 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2011, 03:02:51 PM »
P. S.  :weirdrobert:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »
ADJC is an absolute pro. I'm in love with this guy.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
Great non-answer

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2011, 03:05:32 PM »
ADJC=BITB

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
Sect. 17
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »
I got my question answered... :bball:

2:22
only if you don't swing too hard!
2:22
[Comment From Section 17]
Are softballs hard to hit when they are lofted up for you?

:gocho:

untuck manhattan

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
I believe that the overwhelming majority of K-Stater's want us to win with class and integrity. And, with the advantages we have at K-State and in the Big 12 we absolutely can compete at a championship level while achieving our vision of a model intercollegiate athletics program. We have the highest graduation rate int he Big 12 and in case anyone missed the last several days, we seem to be able to get it done in the games and competitions too.

Yep, CK's been great.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
[Comment From ew]
John, next time I'm in Manhattan (via AA), I want to go golfing with you.
 :emawkid:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »
I feel like I'm submitting requests for a donation to OBz' favorite charity to a wall here.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2011, 03:10:05 PM »
For my own dorkie self, would love to know if the athletic department put out a formal bid on the new turf, he said they've received multiple proposals.   For those that don't follow FieldTurf and its competitors have been in some knock down drag out court battles over bids and patent infringement.   Just brutal stuff.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2011, 03:10:35 PM »
DON'T WORRY JOHN. I'LL BRING PLENTY OF BALLS.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »
For my own dorkie self, would love to know if the athletic department put out a formal bid on the new turf, he said they've received multiple proposals.   For those that don't follow FieldTurf and its competitors have been in some knock down drag out court battles over bids and patent infringement.   Just brutal stuff.

that's why we have you around dax, so we don't have to follow that kind of stuff

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »

Yep, CK's been great.

You're all welcome.    :emawkid:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:15:54 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2011, 03:13:02 PM »

I doubt they put a formal bid. I haven't heard anything. They probably just sent out price requests to a couple companies asking for a good deal.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2011, 03:19:42 PM »

I doubt they put a formal bid. I haven't heard anything. They probably just sent out price requests to a couple companies asking for a good deal.

Is it not public money?  If it is, legally they would have to put it to public bid.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2011, 03:22:51 PM »

that's why we have you around dax, so we don't have to follow that kind of stuff

We're lucky to have dax around, not every BBS has one. I mean, who else is gonna read the minutes from every BOR meeting in the last 2 decades?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2011, 03:37:02 PM »
 :blush:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2011, 06:45:39 PM »
For my own dorkie self, would love to know if the athletic department put out a formal bid on the new turf, he said they've received multiple proposals.   For those that don't follow FieldTurf and its competitors have been in some knock down drag out court battles over bids and patent infringement.   Just brutal stuff.

Is it not public money?  If it is, legally they would have to put it to public bid.

I doubt it. I'm guessing private donations. It could be that they just haven't gotten that far yet, just getting estimates.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2011, 07:05:58 PM »
Amazing work from the land of Oldy Olsons  :party:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge