Author Topic: GRCOAT things you did as a college student  (Read 18677 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: GRCOAT things you did as a college student
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »
D stands for "Didn't pass"

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
D stands for DiplomaDidn't pass

FYP
I'm purple down

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 08:02:20 AM »
Instead of studying/caring about my finance class, I showed up just for tests, marked C on every question, handed it in in 2 minutes and walked out.  Got a passing D and really pissed off the teach every time I handed in my test.   :cool:

After doing that once or twice, the prof should have been smart enough to make a test where there were no "c" answers.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2010, 08:43:16 AM »
Instead of studying/caring about my finance class, I showed up just for tests, marked C on every question, handed it in in 2 minutes and walked out.  Got a passing D and really pissed off the teach every time I handed in my test.   :cool:

After doing that once or twice, the prof should have been smart enough to make a test where there were no "c" answers.

He did, kind of.  One test, If I would have picked B, I would have gotten a B on the test, but the curve was so redic, I still got my "passing grade" by picking C.   :driving:

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2010, 04:20:31 PM »
Thought an econ final was later in the day and completely missed it.  Sweet talked the prof. with suggestive body language and verbalization until they let me take the final later and I totally got a B in the class  :cool:

Who was the econ prof?
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2010, 01:17:51 AM »
As I began my still drunk journey back home to pick up the pieces of my obviously shattered life, I caught a glimpse of silver in the early morning light. Barefoot, I trudged gingerly to the spot where I had seen the curious glimmer only to find my keys near the sidewalk.

A few minutes later, still pondering the good fortune of finding my keys I happened upon my wallet followed shortly after by my phone in a glorious trail leading me home to lick my wounded pride.

The smell of cheap scotch was still quite strong when I found the first shoe, which also posed a quandary. Do I put this one shoe on and risk being seen, allowing some relief to a foot that has already suffered enough, or do I risk the equally ridiculous proposition of being seen walking barefoot while carrying exactly one shoe? I'm not ashamed to say it, I put the shoe on, careful to avoid allowing my altered stride to take me in an endless circle in a quiet Manhattan neighborhood.

Two blocks later, my concentration still on my stride, my hopes were dashed by a wayward piece of trash. Undeterred, I continued on scouring the early-morning landscape for any hint of my lost sole. The sun was beginning to bear down, the vapor from the fleeting dew drew a bead to my brow. Another inconvenience that would be remedied by my bed shortly.

Now just a block away, I turned north only to find my missing sneak placed neatly on the curb -- pointing me on home. I hurriedly put old lefty on the proper appendage and began what felt like a sprint to my door. Fumbling slightly with the lock, I gave a great heave with my shoulder and crashed through the threshold, landing with a loud thud. I struggled to my bed, feeling the air conditioner blast as I slipped into a 15 hour coma.

And thus the epitome of why 06wildcat, who graduated high school in 2000, took a full 6.5 years to get what should have been a 3.5-4 year degree with a straight C average.

GetFipps

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »
tossed a chair out of a Seaton Hall window 30+ feet up.

climbed on top of the Seaton Hall roof to get a frisbee.

"Borrowed" a pristine brand new school belt sander that was locked away in some fenced-off seaton dungeon.  It just sat there all day, unused because the school hadn't figured out a liability policy yet or some crap.  Put it back exactly where it was, with a shitload of sawdust all over it.

For a photoshop class's final assignment (while in Prague<- elite as eff) I submitted an image with a stupid saturation adjustment, put some text on it and the prof loved it because the words were in czech.  Went to like 4 classes the entire semester.  Passed.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2010, 02:43:22 PM »
(while in Prague<- elite as shazbot!)

here we go... :jerk:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »

Study abroad is actually a pretty good response to this topic.  Or stories from traveling around Europe after you finish your semester abroad...    :cool:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2010, 03:01:30 PM »
As I began my still drunk journey back home to pick up the pieces of my obviously shattered life, I caught a glimpse of silver in the early morning light. Barefoot, I trudged gingerly to the spot where I had seen the curious glimmer only to find my keys near the sidewalk.

A few minutes later, still pondering the good fortune of finding my keys I happened upon my wallet followed shortly after by my phone in a glorious trail leading me home to lick my wounded pride.

The smell of cheap scotch was still quite strong when I found the first shoe, which also posed a quandary. Do I put this one shoe on and risk being seen, allowing some relief to a foot that has already suffered enough, or do I risk the equally ridiculous proposition of being seen walking barefoot while carrying exactly one shoe? I'm not ashamed to say it, I put the shoe on, careful to avoid allowing my altered stride to take me in an endless circle in a quiet Manhattan neighborhood.

Two blocks later, my concentration still on my stride, my hopes were dashed by a wayward piece of trash. Undeterred, I continued on scouring the early-morning landscape for any hint of my lost sole. The sun was beginning to bear down, the vapor from the fleeting dew drew a bead to my brow. Another inconvenience that would be remedied by my bed shortly.

Now just a block away, I turned north only to find my missing sneak placed neatly on the curb -- pointing me on home. I hurriedly put old lefty on the proper appendage and began what felt like a sprint to my door. Fumbling slightly with the lock, I gave a great heave with my shoulder and crashed through the threshold, landing with a loud thud. I struggled to my bed, feeling the air conditioner blast as I slipped into a 15 hour coma.

And thus the epitome of why 06wildcat, who graduated high school in 2000, took a full 6.5 years to get what should have been a 3.5-4 year degree with a straight C average.

:confused:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »

Study abroad is actually a pretty good response to this topic.  Or stories from traveling around Europe after you finish your semester abroad...    :cool:

Don't get the Prague pakr's started. OMG! FRIED CHEESE ON BREAD DRUNK METROS AMAZING  :runaway:!
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

GetFipps

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »

Don't get the Prague pakr's started. OMG! FRIED CHEESE ON BREAD DRUNK METROS AMAZING  :runaway:!

goddammit fried cheese was my LIFE.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »
Oh now we're talking trips while in college?

mexico, venezuela, spain, france, italy

Total cost for all? 
summer study mex:  $100 plane ticket, $450 party, 6 hours of credit (free on scholarship)
venezuela: $350 plane ticket, free room and board at friend's, $600 on gifts and fun over 1 month
spain/france/italy:  plane ticket/hotel/bussing/sight seeing tours $450, booze and fun $400

total under $2500   :cheese:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2010, 06:14:55 PM »

Total cost for all? 
summer study mex:  $100 plane ticket, $450 party, 6 hours of credit (free on scholarship)
venezuela: $350 plane ticket, free room and board at friend's, $600 on gifts and fun over 1 month
spain/france/italy:  plane ticket/hotel/bussing/sight seeing tours $450, booze and fun $400

insane elite.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »

Total cost for all? 

What year did you go? Pre chavez?

Offline DILLIGAF

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »
Found out about the ping pong championship 30 minutes before balls flying, hadn't played in a couple of years, ran to sears and bought a cheapo racket, came back and dropped my first game in a best of three round robin, went undefeated the rest of the way to take the money.   The regulars were not very friendly to me for some reason.  

Are you Asian?

nope, white bread as they come.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:49:27 PM by DILLIGAF »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »

Total cost for all? 

What year did you go? Pre chavez?

As long as you stay out of Tupamaros neighborhoods and avoid overt political activism, there's no worries about visiting Venezuela under Chavez versus pre-Chavez. Caracas has crime problems...but give it a break. It's a Latin American capital. It has peer pressures and needs to fit in.

Offline JimmySnuka

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2010, 03:00:36 AM »
I once set a couch on fire in the middle of Bluemont Ave at 3 a.m. I did it with two guys who are now K-State media types. Two cop cars and a fire truck came. Things got interesting, and my buddy slept with a 200-pounder. Details are almost too hard to explain.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:18:26 AM by JimmySnuka »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2010, 12:10:31 PM »
Stole a backhoe one night in Aggieville. 

Drove the Campbell Distrubutor's golf cart through Porters and into a brick wall with 4 friends on it (after jumping  a parking block). 

Went into the Legends room during a football game and impersonated a Bramlage Manager and began instructing people where to set things up (the band, the buffet, etc), had a 18 wheeler back up right to the doors of the OOD and unload equipment into the concourse.

more to come later

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2010, 12:14:52 PM »
I once set a couch on fire in the middle of Bluemont Ave at 3 a.m. 

That was you?  Very nice!

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2010, 12:26:19 PM »
Thought an econ final was later in the day and completely missed it.  Sweet talked the prof. with suggestive body language and verbalization until they let me take the final later and I totally got a B in the class  :cool:

Who was the econ prof?

:users:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »

Who was the econ prof?

:users:

Some lady part timer.  Very small timey.  Not one of the names.  Don't remember her exact name but would recall it if you said it.  :dunno:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2010, 12:33:49 PM »
anybody skydive?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2010, 12:36:11 PM »
anybody skydive?

Bungie jumped, but not skydived.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire