Author Topic: The ascension of the nortards to bubble teams  (Read 1856 times)

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
The ascension of the nortards to bubble teams
« on: March 02, 2011, 12:58:49 PM »
Anyone have a good explanation for this?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: The ascension of the nortards to bubble teams
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 12:59:52 PM »
Anyone have a good explanation for this?

In CU's case, they have two really really good guards.

I'm not sure NU is a bubble team yet.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:06:30 PM »
Agreed. CU simply got its hands on a guy who is gonna play in the NBA and then has another good wing and a shooter who really gets hot especially when the defense collapses in on Higgins and Burks.

NU is just having the 1 out of 5 or 6 season that every SLTH coach hopes to have. Wooly did it in 95 or 96, i don't recall which. NU is just following the script.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 01:09:09 PM »
Agreed. CU simply got its hands on a guy who is gonna play in the NBA and then has another good wing and a shooter who really gets hot especially when the defense collapses in on Higgins and Burks.

NU is just having the 1 out of 5 or 6 season that every SLTH coach hopes to have. Wooly did it in 95 or 96, i don't recall which. NU is just following the script.

also the parity of team and how much the bubble sucks.  If you look at the players cu has compared to the landscape, they are actually not doing that well. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 01:09:20 PM »

There was no Wooly in 95 or 96

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »

Wooly was coaching Louisiana Tech from 1994-1998 and never had anything even close to a bubble year there.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 01:12:46 PM »
remember those fluke years when snyder was doing well with the football team?  why do you think he had success?  the league was down.  same thing with Martin @ KSUKATS, the league is down.  order will be restored and soon the kitties will be at the bottom of the conference where they belong.  sorry grape fans, go grapes go cats k-state roll.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »
There are more teams in the tourney this year and the ACC, SEC, and Pac10 all suck dick.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
Doc is being Doc. Last year's 2-14 was the anomoly; he's gone 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, and this year 7-8 so far in his other 4 years. Doc is just a classic SLTH coach with solid system.

Boyle inherited nice talent, but he's done a good job using them, especially in allowing some more offensive freedom so his kids can make plays. I'll be anxious to see how he does without a couple pros on his roster.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »
the ACC, SEC, and Pac10 all suck dick.

^ primary reason

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »

There was no Wooly in 95 or 96

My bad, I combined sentences about Wooly and Tan Tom and didn't proof read and/or correct.
Y.N.W.A.