Author Topic: Holy War  (Read 139761 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Religion,Bible,Church, Etc. Thread
« Reply #550 on: April 12, 2011, 02:13:47 PM »
Another example of why to hate organized relig:

Family friend has a family member who is gay and getting married.  Entire side of the family has openly said that they will not participate in the wedding or this person's life anymore.  This person's grandmother wrote her hate mail.  Like, long, detailed, drawn out hate mail.

Imagine that.  Growing up in a loving, what you thought to be, decent family.  Declaring what you are and being left alone simply because of your sexual orientation. 

If you are a parent, do you think you could do this to your kid?  Could you imagine your grandmother sending you a hate mail send off letter and you parents doing nothing?

These people's religion has made them destroy/turn against the most pure thing there is in life, their relationship with their child.

Here is a thought for those that believe in organized relig:  Maybe you are caught up in your devil's snare.  Maybe your devil has created organized relig to separate, segragate, and increase hatred.  Seems like it does as much of this as anything else.

The above example is the second time in the last year that someone my family is close with has experience this.  I imagine it is not all that uncommon.

I honestly cannot imagine a situation that is more sad and more brutal on a human level. 

Org religion rough ridin' disgusts me.

You don't have to be religious to be homophobic/racist.

Correct, but this was the reason.  Not working off a hypo here.  This is what actually happened.  Relig family.  Gay daughter.  Now she is no longer considered part of the family.

Human beings will always have the ability to hate and will always do so for silly reasons.  Organized religion tells them to do so.  Maybe not directly, but it is certainly a by product.  Again, this is no where near an isolated example. 

Again, Grandma sent her a "go eff yourself, hater" letter. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 12, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »

Family friend has a family member who is gay and getting married.  Entire side of the family has openly said that they will not participate in the wedding or this person's life anymore.  This person's grandmother wrote her hate mail.  Like, long, detailed, drawn out hate mail.

Imagine that.  Growing up in a loving, what you thought to be, decent family.  Declaring what you are and being left alone simply because of your sexual orientation. 

If you are a parent, do you think you could do this to your kid?  Could you imagine your grandmother sending you a hate mail send off letter and you parents doing nothing?

These people's religion has made them destroy/turn against the most pure thing there is in life, their relationship with their child.

Here is a thought for those that believe in organized relig:  Maybe you are caught up in your devil's snare.  Maybe your devil has created organized relig to separate, segragate, and increase hatred.  Seems like it does as much of this as anything else.

The above example is the second time in the last year that someone my family is close with has experience this.  I imagine it is not all that uncommon.

I honestly cannot imagine a situation that is more sad and more brutal on a human level. 

Correct, but this was the reason.  Not working off a hypo here.  This is what actually happened.  Relig family.  Gay daughter.  Now she is no longer considered part of the family.

Human beings will always have the ability to hate and will always do so for silly reasons.  Organized religion tells them to do so.  Maybe not directly, but it is certainly a by product.  Again, this is no where near an isolated example. 

I'm sure that was their excuse, but I've met plenty of people who would have a similar response who really aren't religious. Some people just really don't like gays, and I doubt the family's response would have been much different if they were atheist.

eff that family, either way, though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 12, 2011, 02:20:55 PM »

I'm sure that was their excuse, but I've met plenty of people who would have a similar response who really aren't religious. Some people just really don't like gays, and I doubt the family's response would have been much different if they were atheist.

I agree that it could have happened at some level, but don't buy the complete family doing so.  Could see if it was just the grandma, or just the dad, or something like that, but it was her entire family.  Uncles, Grandma, dad, bro, etc.   

All deeply religious.  All no longer acknowledging her existence.  All in the name of their god and his teachings.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 12, 2011, 02:27:23 PM »
It is possible to absolutely love the beauty of life (which includes people being nice and stuff) without believing in a god.

But you would have to believe in something. You would have to admit that there is not nothing.

If there's nothing. There's no beauty.

So, you do admit to something. We could even say that the something is beauty.

But why?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 12, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »

Yes, they are simply assholes. Religion or not.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 12, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
I love looking at clouds. I really can't get enough of them. They are so amazing. The sky, in general, is amazing. The way the light of the sun hits them, fills them, paints them depending on the time of day...it, literally, takes the breath from my lungs.

Does anyone want to go outside around 7:30 and look around? It will be fun.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 12, 2011, 02:45:12 PM »
It is possible to absolutely love the beauty of life (which includes people being nice and stuff) without believing in a god.

But you would have to believe in something. You would have to admit that there is not nothing.

Perhaps, but that is not the same as believing in a god.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 12, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »

Perhaps, but that is not the same as believing in a god.

Not "perhaps". True.

And you left out the most important part of my quote.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 12, 2011, 03:00:14 PM »
Extremely intelligent people (non-apes), who don't believe in God, spend their entire lives trying to figure out why we live, or how to live.

Why?

Why must they be authenticated?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:03:38 PM by PoetWarrior »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 12, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »
Extremely intelligent people (non-apes), who don't believe in God, spend their entire lives trying to figure out why we live, or how to live.

Why?

Simple, because they like finding answers.  Intelligent people get that way by being inquisitive. 

Has nothing to do with relig.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 12, 2011, 04:25:59 PM »

Why?

I don't feel that need.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 12, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »

Why?

I don't feel that need.

Perhaps it had never occurred to you. Many haven't thought about it. Too busy watching TV or looking for men/women or something.

But everyone feels it. They may not know how to define it, however. But they feel it.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 12, 2011, 05:46:18 PM »
Why do religous people feel that there must be a void or a need for validation among non-religous individuals.  I do not spend time trying to figure out the how or the why beyond what is readily apparent.

I live because of sexual recreation experienced by mammals and will die as all life does.  The world will go on just as it did before.   :cheers:

p.s. i feel pretty authentic

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 12, 2011, 06:42:19 PM »
Must be a sad life to think of oneself as nothing more than a machine limited simply to chemical and physical machinations responding only to base stimuli.  In that case, life if completely preordained as one stimulation will always lead to a result.  No point to anything.

:flush:

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 12, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »
Why do religous people feel that there must be a void or a need for validation among non-religous individuals.  I do not spend time trying to figure out the how or the why beyond what is readily apparent.

Because most religious people have felt a void or a need for validation when they were non-religious.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 13, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »
Must be a sad life to think of oneself as nothing more than a machine limited simply to chemical and physical machinations responding only to base stimuli.  In that case, life if completely preordained as one stimulation will always lead to a result.  No point to anything.

:flush:

You had no choice but to do that.  You only responded to the stimulation of my post.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 13, 2011, 09:20:36 AM »

Certainly helps, though.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 13, 2011, 10:44:14 AM »

Certainly helps, though.
How are you any better? Judging people en masse without knowing them?
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 13, 2011, 10:54:39 AM »

Certainly helps, though.

I personally don't know of one person that has had their entire family turn their back on them in a hateful manner based on any life choice that isn't based on religious interpretations.

Based on my personal experiences, religion sure seems to be the catalyst.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 13, 2011, 11:24:31 AM »

Certainly helps, though.
Duh, i'm not homophobic and/or racist.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 13, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »

I personally don't know of one person that has had their entire family turn their back on them in a hateful manner based on any life choice that isn't based on religious interpretations.

Because Rejection of Interracial marriage is based on biblical teachings.
Because people turning their backs on someone in their family who chooses to use drugs on the reg is based on biblical teachings.

Yeah, right.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 13, 2011, 01:17:54 PM »

Because Rejection of Interracial marriage is based on biblical teachings.
Because people turning their backs on someone in their family who chooses to use drugs on the reg is based on biblical teachings.

Yeah, right.

I do personally know strongly religious people who don't consider their sister-in-law a person because she is gay.

I do not personally know any family who has completely shunned their daughter/son due to drug use.

So, yeah.

I also know of a local church who loved their pastor until they found out that he was gay.  He was immediately removed. 

So, yeah.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 13, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »

I do personally know strongly religious people who don't consider their sister-in-law a person because she is gay.

I do not personally know any family who has completely shunned their daughter/son due to drug use.

So, yeah.

Really bra?

You are going to judge religion...the entire thing, encompassing multiple different religions based on the very limited things that you have PERSONALLY seen? Wow. Well, it should come as no surprise that I've never personally known anyone who's family doesn't consider them a "person" because they're gay. I know people who've broken off relations with a family member because of their dependence on drugs.

Does this suddenly negate everything you just said...

Yeah, bra, yeah.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 13, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »

So, yeah.

Really bra?

You are going to judge religion...the entire thing, encompassing multiple different religions based on the very limited things that you have PERSONALLY seen? Wow. Well, it should come as no surprise that I've never personally known anyone who's family doesn't consider them a "person" because they're gay. I know people who've broken off relations with a family member because of their dependence on drugs.

Does this suddenly negate everything you just said...

Yeah, bra, yeah.

Religion isn't the only thing out there causing hate.  Read above posts.  Just the most wide spread thing out there causing hate.

Also, being gay and being a meth head are not even close to the same discussion.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 13, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »
Recreational drugs are a life choice....

Religion isn't the only thing out there causing hate.  Read above posts.  Just the most wide spread thing out there causing hate.

Patriotism, Nationalism, Loyalty, etc. All these things cause a lot of hate. I can take a lot of pride in my City, Tribe, Country, etc....doesn't make it a bad thing at all. In fact I want to be around people who take pride in things...however they also lead to hate of others. Religion can be the same. The point is not to do that though.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall