Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3993006 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #20125 on: May 16, 2017, 11:41:06 AM »
New field next year.  Outside of field, wall and East club renos nothing sexy on BOR capital projects list for awhile.  Subject to change of course.

Yup, perfect time for KU to announce plans bigger and better than everything that's been done with BSFS.

history awaits...
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20126 on: May 16, 2017, 01:09:11 PM »
New field next year.  Outside of field, wall and East club renos nothing sexy on BOR capital projects list for awhile.  Subject to change of course.

Yup, perfect time for KU to announce plans bigger and better than everything that's been done with BSFS.

Well the twinkling rays of FY 2018 are on the horizon.   Master plan says 2022/2023.  As the sands of time tick that appears pretty close to being correct.   Unlikely any moving dirt before FY 2019.   

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20127 on: May 17, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
I'd agree. I'm not sure how it will look though. I can only see it looking piecemeal.

I agree that you don't want the hodgepodge thrown together effect like Nebraska or A&M has. However, I think it would look better if you had it intentionally standing out by itself, rather than trying to integrate, or flow it into the lines of east or west side. So go ahead and put the other two video boards up in the corners, then for your second level, immediately start with seating, go up about half the height of the upper deck on the east side, and then cap it with lower priced club area, very similar to what Ole' Miss does. They've got two "upper" levels though as well as a sun shade.

In my mind what I have pictured doesn't look too bad, but I've never been much of an architect either.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20128 on: May 17, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »
I like the kinnick Stadium north end zone renovation scheduled to start after this season. Probably adds too much seating for us but I like the look.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20129 on: May 17, 2017, 11:35:39 AM »
I like the kinnick Stadium north end zone renovation scheduled to start after this season. Probably adds too much seating for us but I like the look.

I do too.

I also like the LSU Tiger Stadium end zone reno, would obviously be on a much smaller scale for KSU Cats Stadium, but the video boards and club levels could add some symmetry to both the WSC and north EZ. Kind of.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20130 on: May 17, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »

history awaits...

You guys do realize that by the time KU does upgrade then the KSU Cats will be upgrading again. Think how much KU has saved by not upgrading as often. Bunch of rubes around here.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20131 on: May 17, 2017, 11:41:38 AM »

I do too.

I also like the LSU Tiger Stadium end zone reno, would obviously be on a much smaller scale for KSU Cats Stadium, but the video boards and club levels could add some symmetry to both the WSC and north EZ. Kind of.

Can anyone think of a better midfield art/logo? LSU is tops there
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20132 on: May 17, 2017, 11:51:30 AM »
I cannot

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20133 on: May 17, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »
its sad to see all of these scrub school's stadium improvements span more than one off season like the iowa NEZ is supposed to take like 2 years

lmfao

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20134 on: May 17, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »

I do too.

It's definitely cool, but I actually think this is super sweet as well and I may like it better. Just a personal pref.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20135 on: May 17, 2017, 01:11:39 PM »
I'd agree. I'm not sure how it will look though. I can only see it looking piecemeal.

I agree that you don't want the hodgepodge thrown together effect like Nebraska or A&M has. However, I think it would look better if you had it intentionally standing out by itself, rather than trying to integrate, or flow it into the lines of east or west side. So go ahead and put the other two video boards up in the corners, then for your second level, immediately start with seating, go up about half the height of the upper deck on the east side, and then cap it with lower priced club area, very similar to what Ole' Miss does. They've got two "upper" levels though as well as a sun shade.

In my mind what I have pictured doesn't look too bad, but I've never been much of an architect either.

A&M's rennos look great. Do not like the weird partial press/ loge box structure on the end of Vaught Hemingway. Roof opens up weird and your largest box shouldn't be on an endzone imo. Ole Miss would be the exact opposite of what I'd go for.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20136 on: May 17, 2017, 01:14:48 PM »

I do too.

It's definitely cool, but I actually think this is super sweet as well and I may like it better. Just a personal pref.

This was the only one I can think of that comes close.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20137 on: May 17, 2017, 01:34:10 PM »
yes, SB!  I have a huge crush on ECU's stadium and field.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20138 on: May 17, 2017, 01:40:51 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20139 on: May 17, 2017, 01:44:33 PM »
Whoa

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20140 on: May 17, 2017, 01:45:28 PM »
yes, SB!  I have a huge crush on ECU's stadium and field.

I love everything about them

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20141 on: May 17, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »

Nope, the LSU tiger eye at midfield is definitely the GOAT for midfield logos in all of football.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20142 on: May 17, 2017, 03:24:00 PM »
Yeah, they're both great but LSU gets the nod for me over ECU. We should have a close up of the face of the old Willie, with the sailor hat.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #20143 on: May 17, 2017, 03:25:55 PM »

all the greats only have one eye...

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20144 on: May 17, 2017, 04:16:50 PM »
The LSU eye looks like an airbrushed shirt from some random mall in Iowa in 1992

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20145 on: May 17, 2017, 04:18:29 PM »

Offline LeggoKatZ

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20146 on: May 17, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »
I took a stroll up to ole BSFS this afternoon. 

We're pretty blessed guys, I know the different colored turf is a talking point but I doubt it will stand out much on game days with all of the activity going on as well as the people & equipment on the sidelines.  There could always be a fake limestone wall in place (like Baylor's fake brick wall): 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20147 on: May 17, 2017, 07:11:48 PM »
It's beautiful.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20148 on: May 17, 2017, 07:41:25 PM »