Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3994224 times)

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #19525 on: September 22, 2016, 06:43:18 PM »
WALL, TURF, AND BETTER AUDIO RIGHT MEOW

Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19526 on: September 22, 2016, 08:46:39 PM »
Moving to the west side I noticed how absolutely awful the sound system remains, what a rough ridin' joke that is. We literally have sound coming from one place at the stadium. The woman sitting next to me said they also had sound coming from Ice screen 1 during the first game last season but people must have complained because they haven't had sound coming from there since.

i can't believe they haven't done a damn thing with it yet

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19527 on: September 22, 2016, 09:34:47 PM »
Moving to the west side I noticed how absolutely awful the sound system remains, what a rough ridin' joke that is. We literally have sound coming from one place at the stadium. The woman sitting next to me said they also had sound coming from Ice screen 1 during the first game last season but people must have complained because they haven't had sound coming from there since.

i can't believe they haven't done a damn thing with it yet

This thread is taking a very tuck-ish turn.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: September 23, 2016, 05:33:11 AM »
Bitching about how absolutely garbage the audio isn't tuckish

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: September 23, 2016, 07:44:01 AM »
seriously. there's essentially one (group of) speaker(s) for the entire stadium. it's horrible. i guess i can understand that they wanted to finish the entire structure of the additions before investing in a totally new sound system, to ensure that it work phonetically(?) with the new stadium. but man, it is so bad that i'm surprised they haven't added anything at all the past few years.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19530 on: September 23, 2016, 08:12:32 AM »
.....so what's next on the docket.......does the east side get super limestoney ? .......does the east suites get a face lift ?.......my god those suites haven't been touched since they were built in 96
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19531 on: September 23, 2016, 09:05:35 AM »
Anyone else notice that when they play something relatively bass-heavy for an extended period of time, the bass cuts out?  :bang:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19532 on: September 23, 2016, 10:04:46 AM »
It's certainly good that we only have little details to bitch about (turf color, limestone wall, audio).  the finer details are really important tho.  you wouldn't drop $40K in a kitchen renovation and leave the laminate countertops, would you? 

it's especially odd, because the $$$ to fix the things we're talking about is so small in comparison to what they've spent overhauling the complex. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19533 on: September 23, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »
It's certainly good that we only have little details to bitch about (turf color, limestone wall, audio).  the finer details are really important tho.  you wouldn't drop $40K in a kitchen renovation and leave the laminate countertops, would you? 

it's especially odd, because the $$$ to fix the things we're talking about is so small in comparison to what they've spent overhauling the complex.

Seriously, we could all meet at BSFS some Friday morning. If the AD would just buy the limestone, I'll bring the quikrite and MGD's, and we could probably knock the wall out in a day, have it ready for a Saturday kickoff.

gE handprints hidden on the wall in your section.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19534 on: September 23, 2016, 10:16:36 AM »
STICK TO THE PLAN

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19535 on: September 23, 2016, 10:56:41 AM »
This just leaked....

As I landed on my way back from 3 days (and nights) in Dallas at the Big XII conference meetings on a late flight back to Manhattan (America's #1 College Town) on my American Airlines flight, I had some thoughts I wanted to share with K-State Nation.

I reflected on the amazing progress all over America's #1 College Town, and the Carnegie Tier 1 Research campus.  I thought about the Flint Hills and the amazing landscape depicted in the architectural concept being executed at the new terminal at Manhattan Regional Airport.  I thought, what can we do to improve upon our great work?

We are going to build a limestone field wall to finally bring the architectural elements included in the West Side and the Vanier Football Complex and connect the two in a way that recognizes the heritage of our pioneer, prairie spirit.  What better way to do that than with limestone?

We are also going to have a unique experience that we will offer to season ticket holders.  We are going to build the limestone field wall as a #Family.  With generous support on the materials from our good friends at Case-IH, We are calling it the "Kansas State Case-IH #Family Limestone Field Wall."

Can you imagine the incredibly #FAMILY experience of being "Proud of the House We Built" by coming together in the #1 College Town in America: Manhattan, KS at LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium, home of the #1 pre-game experience in the Big XII?  Sure we may miss out on some of the HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of dollars of economic development bypassing a professional contractor to complete the job, but what a show of commitment by the grassroots supporters and the great community of K-Staters far and wide that came together to build the limestone field wall that creates a unique and first-class experience for our student-athletes, fans, and visitors from around the world.

I am excited to break ground this summer!  More details will be shared in next week's letter.

GO STATE!
John Currie

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19536 on: September 23, 2016, 11:02:37 AM »
This just leaked....

As I landed on my way back from 3 days (and nights) in Dallas at the Big XII conference meetings on a late flight back to Manhattan (America's #1 College Town) on my American Airlines flight, I had some thoughts I wanted to share with K-State Nation.

I reflected on the amazing progress all over America's #1 College Town, and the Carnegie Tier 1 Research campus.  I thought about the Flint Hills and the amazing landscape depicted in the architectural concept being executed at the new terminal at Manhattan Regional Airport.  I thought, what can we do to improve upon our great work?

We are going to build a limestone field wall to finally bring the architectural elements included in the West Side and the Vanier Football Complex and connect the two in a way that recognizes the heritage of our pioneer, prairie spirit.  What better way to do that than with limestone?

We are also going to have a unique experience that we will offer to season ticket holders.  We are going to build the limestone field wall as a #Family.  With generous support on the materials from our good friends at Case-IH, We are calling it the "Kansas State Case-IH #Family Limestone Field Wall."

Can you imagine the incredibly #FAMILY experience of being "Proud of the House We Built" by coming together in the #1 College Town in America: Manhattan, KS at LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium, home of the #1 pre-game experience in the Big XII?  Sure we may miss out on some of the HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of dollars of economic development bypassing a professional contractor to complete the job, but what a show of commitment by the grassroots supporters and the great community of K-Staters far and wide that came together to build the limestone field wall that creates a unique and first-class experience for our student-athletes, fans, and visitors from around the world.

I am excited to break ground this summer!  More details will be shared in next week's letter.

GO STATE!
John Currie

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19537 on: September 23, 2016, 11:26:45 AM »
Very well done.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #19538 on: September 23, 2016, 12:04:32 PM »
Speaking of the plan, the most up to date version is online:

http://www.kstatesports.com/ms/masterplan/phases/

Phase IV: Video Upgrades and Field Level Wall
Video and Ribbon Board Additions
We must plan for the accommodation of evolving technology and continuously increasing fan expectations as well as existing equipment reaching the end of its lifespan. A comprehensive video and sound master plan for LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium (and all K-State Athletics facilities) is under development that will result in dramatic improvements in the next few years. This planning will accommodate the improvements identified in Phase III for the north end and will positively impact the experience of all K-State fans.

High Definition Sound System
In conjunction with new video technology, a high definition sound system will have a major impact on the fan experience and add to our renowned home-stadium advantage.

Limestone Field Wall and Field Perimeter Surface Upgrades
The existing concrete field level seating wall and surface pavement has deteriorated. The installation of a hewn limestone wall at the lower bowl of the football stadium will surround the field with the heritage of the K-State campus to the stadium and tie into the façade of the new north end zone Vanier Complex.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19539 on: September 23, 2016, 12:12:06 PM »
Phase IV will be legit.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19540 on: September 23, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »
Since Currie is basically nothing more than a fundraiser, I hope Phase IV is realized quickly.  he's certainly not wasting his time trying to improve the caliber of our athletics/coaches.   

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #19541 on: September 23, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »
Phase 5 is the east side.  Phase 6 is building something on the South side...whatever that may be.

The Big Train

« Reply #19542 on: September 23, 2016, 01:02:43 PM »
Phase 5 is the east side.  Phase 6 is building something on the South side...whatever that may be.

:Lurk:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #19543 on: September 23, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »
They need will,  but I think it would be both unique and classic if they did the limestone wall in a Herringbone pattern.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19544 on: September 23, 2016, 05:41:19 PM »
I swear to god I will have the most massive meltdown I've ever had if they don't redo the sound system before next season.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19545 on: September 23, 2016, 05:49:57 PM »
I swear to god I will have the most massive meltdown I've ever had if they don't redo the sound system before next season.

Would watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19546 on: September 23, 2016, 06:45:28 PM »
I would be interested to see how Phase V price tag and how the design will look like on the east side.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19547 on: September 23, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »
I would be interested to see how Phase V price tag and how the design will look like on the east side.

Certainly won't have trees
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19548 on: September 23, 2016, 06:57:54 PM »
Since Currie is basically nothing more than a fundraiser, I hope Phase IV is realized quickly.  he's certainly not wasting his time trying to improve the caliber of our athletics/coaches.   

Too busy raising funds for Baseball/Soccer building.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19549 on: September 23, 2016, 07:56:08 PM »

Certainly won't have trees

That's fine. More concerned about the design look. Would like to see something that would close up the east side. Wasn't there a mock photo somewhere where someone had like a glass panel on the east side with the powercat showing on it? Limestone, of course.