Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3992602 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #17700 on: July 30, 2015, 08:49:34 AM »
i hope the band is on THE hill
this is a really really good idea, love the band but they have taken up some great real estate for too long
Might be a good idea to put them in the vanier parking lot and just mic them up. Win, win, win IMO
what a dumb idea
I said "might"  :frown:
sorry, rough morning so far

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17701 on: July 30, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »

Wonder if they will give those seats to more students or nudge the section over. That's a lot of area to build and not receive extra revenue from (I'm guessing Wabash Landing will be raking in the $$).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section 28 will be cut down to less than half its current size. That reduction will be offset by the new seats in the corner. I bet the net change will be immaterial. The student section will not be moved.

So if I am understanding correctly some do the student GA is being taken away, but with the band in the corner the extra space they leave will be filled.

That's a nice move from K-State athletics department. I know a lot of colleges would use the rearrangement as a way to squeeze in more alumni seating at the students expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17702 on: July 30, 2015, 09:48:25 AM »
The band only takes up about 450 seats.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17703 on: July 30, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »
Man, we could fit 450 more donors in if we move the band? No brainer imo.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17704 on: July 30, 2015, 09:59:44 AM »
Man, we could fit 450 more donors in if we move the band? No brainer imo.
You sound like an old man telling the band kids to get off your lawn

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17705 on: July 30, 2015, 10:22:50 AM »
Or that a band is a thing of the past.

The sound system has no problem leading the damn Wabash.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17706 on: July 30, 2015, 10:39:40 AM »

Ever hear of a little award called the Sudler Trophy?  It goes to the National Champs of marching and playing an instrument/twirling a flag &/or baton and we just won one, bud!

Plus The Ohio State University came calling for Tracz and he mushed them in their fat faces. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17707 on: July 30, 2015, 10:53:14 AM »

Ever hear of a little award called the Sudler Trophy?  It goes to the National Champs of marching and playing an instrument/twirling a flag &/or baton and we just won one, bud!

Plus The Ohio State University came calling for Tracz and he mushed them in their fat faces.

Grats on the first part, I zero percent believe the second part.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #17708 on: July 30, 2015, 10:56:19 AM »
Hope you're right about the band.

Hope you both get SARS.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17709 on: July 30, 2015, 11:08:44 AM »
this is a really really good idea, love the band but they have taken up some great real estate for too long
They won't move to the NE corner until the hill has been filled in with seating next year. This decision is not final, but it's very likely at this point. A++
not sure if serious, but I actually have heard the same......Tracz is fighting it (of course)......he has been shown the corner plans and how the band would have more room and would actually project to the whole stadium, instead of just over to the west side

Franks argument mostly centers around that he can be a distraction to the away team and he has Bill's ear on this.......currie needs to put it to Frank in a way that the band doesn't feel disrespected.......which is prolly fair, cause those kids bust it for Bill and pretty much all the sports teams
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17710 on: July 30, 2015, 11:09:12 AM »
getting rid of the band? how rough ridin' dumb are some of you guys

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17711 on: July 30, 2015, 11:13:26 AM »

Hope you both get SARS.

The rough ridin' band is currently in a location where about 30% of the stadium can hear them. The entire south 1/3 of the stadium and the whole 400 level can hear the visiting bands more clearly than our band. It's a travesty that someone has to ask them to move. You people seem more interested in having good seats than having the rough ridin' stadium actually hear them.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17712 on: July 30, 2015, 11:16:42 AM »
I hope the band stays where theyre at
@Trogdor_gE

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17713 on: July 30, 2015, 11:17:45 AM »
I enjoy our band, but can unfortunately never hear them because I sit on the SE side.  NE side seems like a great place for them.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17714 on: July 30, 2015, 11:18:24 AM »
They won't move to the NE corner until the hill has been filled in with seating next year. This decision is not final, but it's very likely at this point. A++
not sure if serious, but I actually have heard the same......Tracz is fighting it (of course)......he has been shown the corner plans and how the band would have more room and would actually project to the whole stadium, instead of just over to the west side

Franks argument mostly centers around that he can be a distraction to the away team and he has Bill's ear on this.......currie needs to put it to Frank in a way that the band doesn't feel disrespected.......which is prolly fair, cause those kids bust it for Bill and pretty much all the sports teams

It's embarrassing that Tracz has a goal higher than being heard by the most fans; distracting the other team, lol. What a ridiculous egomaniac.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17715 on: July 30, 2015, 11:20:24 AM »
College bands are great.  Anyone who says differently should probably just stick to the NFL.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17716 on: July 30, 2015, 11:21:32 AM »

Grats on the first part, I zero percent believe the second part.

Source:  solid D+  :thumbsup:

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #17717 on: July 30, 2015, 11:23:34 AM »

Hope you both get SARS.

The rough ridin' band is currently in a location where about 30% of the stadium can hear them. The entire south 1/3 of the stadium and the whole 400 level can hear the visiting bands more clearly than our band. It's a travesty that someone has to ask them to move. You people seem more interested in having good seats than having the rough ridin' stadium actually hear them.

Maybe move your seats to the NE corner of the stadium so I can hear you better.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17718 on: July 30, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »
I'll pay attention to the band when they start playing "Start Wearing Purple".

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17719 on: July 30, 2015, 11:25:40 AM »
but I'll probs be in a part of the stadium where I can't hear it so I'll never know.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17720 on: July 30, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »
I'll pay attention to the band when they start playing "Start Wearing Purple".

They wont unless JMU explodes
@Trogdor_gE

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17721 on: July 30, 2015, 11:35:51 AM »

It's embarrassing that Tracz has a goal higher than being heard by the most fans; distracting the other team, lol. What a ridiculous egomaniac.
oh yes, he's for sure and egomaniac and has been since the day he got here............but there is something to distracting thing......there was a time when the band was much smaller and they felt they were "doing their part" by messing with the other team (playing when they saw coaches huddle up players) and crap like that ......plus the band kids got a charge out of it

none of this is more important than just playing loud for our fans and rocking out before, during and after the game......the NE corner is perfect......it will sound better for the whole stadium, not just directionally across the field.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17722 on: July 30, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »
there will now be 450 of k-state's most emaw students in those seats once occupied by the band, so I doubt the noise level for the visiting team is impacted that much.  if it is, give these 450 kids some kazzus or recorders or something.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17723 on: July 30, 2015, 12:04:20 PM »
well you are a shitty poster that probably goes to a game every three years so nobody gives a eff what you think

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17724 on: July 30, 2015, 12:08:33 PM »
well you are a shitty poster that probably goes to a game every three years so nobody gives a eff what you think
It has been a really rough morning for you hasnt it?
@Trogdor_gE