Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3994928 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #11350 on: January 15, 2014, 05:58:07 PM »
everyone shut up about hobby sport facilities.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: January 15, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »

Just.. want.. nice things bubbles  :bawl:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: January 15, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »
our aisles are the absolute worst. That is #1 for me that things that need to be remedied, even over having a competitive team. It's all I see when they show crowd shots.

Maybe we could have just one main aisle and keep it as large as it currently is. And then just have one long metal bleacher stretch across from one side of the of the enormously large aisle to the other.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: January 15, 2014, 07:34:45 PM »
"welcome to bramlage - enjoy the incredibly safe walk to your seat!"

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: January 15, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »
So, now it says they "approved without discussion the proposed improvements" today? LCIQ, but does this mean we've already got the bids in and the rough numbers given from the awarded companies and rendos should get leaked soon?

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #11355 on: January 15, 2014, 08:03:28 PM »
let me handle this

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11356 on: January 15, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »
So we get $63M and ku [klux Klan] gets $17M?  Sounds about right.  :ROFL:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: January 16, 2014, 04:52:09 AM »
We don't get anything unless we raise the money ourselves.  Same with ku.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: January 16, 2014, 09:58:38 AM »

i'm sensing our own little version of the gridiron club

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: January 16, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »

I was told yesterday that money will not be a problem and it is mostly funded.  Source:  A-
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11360 on: January 16, 2014, 10:06:28 AM »

I do think some are making to big a deal out of something that has to be done if a KBOR school is going to do anything with facilities.   This wasn't a press release saying it's going to happen with a banner hanging off the side of the stadium.   It was just jumping through an administrative formality that's usually done well in advance.     That said, I've heard the big issue is the logistics of doing a project like this on a working facility where LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder has his office, and not so much the money. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: January 16, 2014, 10:28:37 AM »

I do think some are making to big a deal out of something that has to be done if a KBOR school is going to do anything with facilities.   This wasn't a press release saying it's going to happen with a banner hanging off the side of the stadium.   It was just jumping through an administrative formality that's usually done well in advance.     That said, I've heard the big issue is the logistics of doing a project like this on a working facility where LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder has his office, and not so much the money.
Trailer house. Should I email that to Currie?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: January 16, 2014, 10:45:08 AM »

I was told yesterday that money will not be a problem and it is mostly funded.  Source:  A-

Either you're lying, your source is lying, or your source is not nearly as high up as you or (s)he claims.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: January 16, 2014, 10:47:46 AM »
what if we bulldozed vanier with snyder inside and it became his final resting place and then we built a beautiful piece of architecture on top of him!?!?!?! a hollywood ending for our throwback hero!!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: January 16, 2014, 10:51:02 AM »
what if we bulldozed vanier with snyder inside and it became his final resting place and then we built a beautiful piece of architecture on top of him!?!?!?! a hollywood ending for our throwback hero!!

I think if we bulldozed our coach and buried him under the football complex it might reflect poorly on us as a University

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: January 16, 2014, 12:47:07 PM »
Speaking of aisles (we should at least paint them in the fOOD so they don't stick out so much), widen the aisles in BSFS so we can close in the north without adding too much capacity. Then if we need more seating than that down the road, we can build up w/ an upper deck on the SEZ.

For like the 50 billionith time, we cant paint the aisles cuz of safety regs and blah blah blah... Also who cares about aisles and concourses compared to the other cool crap we could do

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11366 on: January 16, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »
http://kstatesports.cstv.com/genrel/011614aaa.html

For you losers who haven't been blessed with doing this. Would recommend
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: January 16, 2014, 04:21:47 PM »
Yeah Ive heard the building code story.  Yet, in buildings constructed since OOD, I've not seen such massive and white aisles.  And codes have gotten tighter, not more lax, since the 80s.  Take SCenter as an example.  Aisles are half the width and are black. 

So

Lower seating level of the SC only has 30 rows, the Bram has 40 rows. All this egress stuff is based on how far someone has to travel to an exit and how many people you have per exit.

I think the aisles issue is a combination of excess and bad placement.

The seating areas are approx. 18 seats wide meaning a maximum of 9 seats away from an aisle. I'm pretty sure you can go upwards of 12 seats away from an aisle or 24 seats wide while maintaining the same width of aisle. This coupled with bleachers (narrower seats) at bramlage (at least opposite the camera) vs. chairbacks at sprint, means wider seating areas in comparison to the aisle width.

Also, it was not well thought out to locate an aisle at midcourt. The aisles are more noticeable as it is front and center.

In regards to the paint on the stairs. I'm pretty sure the only area of the stair that is required to be visually distinctive is the nosing of the stair while descending. Pretty sure the risers don't have to be painted a different color unless the heights are not uniform.

the code minimum for an A-4 occupancy type is 0.2 inch oer occupant served by the aisle.   They must also be sized so that if there is a reason one means of egress cannot be used (i.e. a fire blocking one aisle) that the remaining egress means can support not less than 50% of the capacity.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: January 16, 2014, 07:40:35 PM »

I think if we bulldozed our coach and buried him under the football complex it might reflect poorly on us as a University

you should go to jail just for typing that.  who are you? 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: January 16, 2014, 08:15:25 PM »
Yeah Ive heard the building code story.  Yet, in buildings constructed since OOD, I've not seen such massive and white aisles.  And codes have gotten tighter, not more lax, since the 80s.  Take SCenter as an example.  Aisles are half the width and are black. 

So

Lower seating level of the SC only has 30 rows, the Bram has 40 rows. All this egress stuff is based on how far someone has to travel to an exit and how many people you have per exit.

I think the aisles issue is a combination of excess and bad placement.

The seating areas are approx. 18 seats wide meaning a maximum of 9 seats away from an aisle. I'm pretty sure you can go upwards of 12 seats away from an aisle or 24 seats wide while maintaining the same width of aisle. This coupled with bleachers (narrower seats) at bramlage (at least opposite the camera) vs. chairbacks at sprint, means wider seating areas in comparison to the aisle width.

Also, it was not well thought out to locate an aisle at midcourt. The aisles are more noticeable as it is front and center.

In regards to the paint on the stairs. I'm pretty sure the only area of the stair that is required to be visually distinctive is the nosing of the stair while descending. Pretty sure the risers don't have to be painted a different color unless the heights are not uniform.

the code minimum for an A-4 occupancy type is 0.2 inch oer occupant served by the aisle.   They must also be sized so that if there is a reason one means of egress cannot be used (i.e. a fire blocking one aisle) that the remaining egress means can support not less than 50% of the capacity.

Since there is need for more capacity at the top, would it make sense to start them narrower at the bottom to take away some of the width/white distraction and gradually make them wider at the top? Besides minimizing the distaction, it would also put more seats closer to the court.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11370 on: January 17, 2014, 01:15:33 AM »
Sorry if Luked but heard today that Populous was going to be the architect for the NEZ. Don't want to say too much that might burn my source (that i didn't know was a source until today) before I get to see renderings.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #11371 on: January 17, 2014, 06:26:32 AM »
Brian how in the world can you talk NEZ when we haven't even solved the aisle issue?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: January 17, 2014, 07:15:24 AM »
are aisles the new trees?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: January 17, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »
are aisles the new trees?

:eek: At least you know where the enemy is with trees.  The aisles are like crossing the Sahara on foot.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11374 on: January 17, 2014, 08:44:22 AM »
sure, now that the #BID talk has cooled off you guys want to get rid of the large fire exits. gmafb