Author Topic: Attention students...  (Read 17293 times)

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Attention students...
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »
Ash Wednesday?  shazbot! catholics.

St. Thomas Aquinas in Ames had mass after the ISU game so that no Catholic students would miss either, game or mass.

Offline bleedpurple

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »
No one complaining better ever miss a game again.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »
I skipped class for a info session for a possible job opportunity.  My tickets got used though, so suck it.

Logical people would figure that there were a number of possibilities of people missing.  6:00pm tip, Ash Wednesday, a round of tests pretty much hitting everyone this week, Nebrasketball  :facepalm:, etc. 

And yes I have a required 5:30-8:00pm Wednesday class that is only available at that time.... Was pissed, then realized most games during this semester were Tues. nights (@BU, @NU, @TTU), Wed. home games=one, Wed. away games=one. <--Will use absence in class to check that one on the tube.  Some of you people bitching are just ignorant.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »
i've never missed a game and i never will, suck it bleedpurple, suck it hard.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bleedpurple

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2010, 01:07:33 PM »

Lol, got me... :adored: *you*

[/quote]
it takes a long time to get 10k tractors from western kansas to mhk, just sayin'
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:29:38 PM by pissclams »

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2010, 01:11:14 PM »
Sorry for missing a game against a 1-10 conference team to study for kinesiology exams.

Med school > Nebrasketball

Sorry, but kinesiology and "med school" are opposite ends of the periodic table.

Oh yeah, you're right.  I'm just gonna become a physical therapist (a doctorate program) without medschool.

Yeah, you're right.

You don't go to med school for phys therapy dumbass.

You go to phys therapy school... LMAO
physical therapy school is a school of medicine.  So yes, I won't get an MD.  But it's still medicine.

this is like the construction class at manhattan tech pretending to be engineers
Sorry for missing a game against a 1-10 conference team to study for kinesiology exams.

Sorry, but kinesiology and "med school" are opposite ends of the periodic table.

Oh yeah, you're right.  I'm just gonna become a physical therapist (a doctorate program) without medschool.

Yeah, you're right.

physical therapy school is a school of medicine.  So yes, I won't get an MD.  But it's still medicine.

Except it takes what... 5 less years?  :users:

are you saying that it's easy?

Its hard to get into if that's what you mean. Pre phys therapy? I wouldn't say its all that challenging.

talking down to someone because they want to go to physical therapy school?

:facepalm: you've officially outed yourselves as johnson county elitist ku fans

I think the laugher is that he tried to slip “med school” in there initially to make people think he’s gonna be a doctor.

Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) off topic discussion, yes I could have avoided it, but physical therapy is a doctorate program.  And as for the manhattan tech construction comparison, K-state is a top 15 best kines school in the nation.  Kinda a nice set up for grad school.

I'm done.
Easy fellow EMAWer. I'm not clowning your professional goals, but let's not compare people that swap hearts in an open chest with people that help others stretch, exercise, rehab knees, etc.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 01:12:37 PM »

Yeah, you're right.

physical therapy school is a school of medicine.  So yes, I won't get an MD.  But it's still medicine.

this is like the construction class at manhattan tech pretending to be engineers

Yeah, you're right.

Its hard to get into if that's what you mean. Pre phys therapy? I wouldn't say its all that challenging.

I think the laugher is that he tried to slip “med school” in there initially to make people think he’s gonna be a doctor.

Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) off topic discussion, yes I could have avoided it, but physical therapy is a doctorate program.  And as for the manhattan tech construction comparison, K-state is a top 15 best kines school in the nation.  Kinda a nice set up for grad school.

I'm done.
Easy fellow EMAWer. I'm not clowning your professional goals, but let's not compare people that swap hearts in an open chest with people that help others stretch, exercise, rehab knees, etc.

Dobes

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »

Yeah, you're right.

Yeah, you're right.

I'm done.

Dobes
Good example. One person of a certain profession cut out a tumor. Now, there's another guy that trying to teach Dobbie how to speak, not drool on himself (no word if progress has been made). Those two guys are not exactly on the same playing field.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »

Yeah, you're right.

physical therapy school is a school of medicine.  So yes, I won't get an MD.  But it's still medicine.

Yeah, you're right.

I'm done.

Isn't that like calling a chiropractor a Doctor?  :dunno:

Offline leroylulu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »

:curse: :chainsaw:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »

beasley year memory - pretty empty ood on ash wedn.  elite 17er talking point:  "wtf, they can't get closer to god than right here"
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2010, 01:55:38 PM »

St Isidore's had a 10pm mass, so I don't really think it had much of an effect.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »

beasley year memory - pretty empty ood on ash wedn.  elite 17er talking point:  "wtf, they can't get closer to god than right here"

:peek:   :combofan:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »

it takes a long time to get 10k tractors from western kansas to mhk, just sayin'

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2010, 03:31:19 PM »

[/quote]
sorry, i hit "modify" instead of "quote"    --------->  :flush:  ----------> me

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »
When I was a freshman -- Wooly's GRCOAT's freshman year -- I always tried to sell (LOL @ "give them to someone") my tix when I couldn't go.  No one would ever buy.

So when the KU game came and my family had a ticket for me in GA, I ripped up my student ticket to stick it to my loser classmates. Dez Willingham was no more exciting to watch against KU than he was against Bethune-Cookman. So there!

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2010, 12:46:39 AM »
Ash Wednesday?  shazbot! catholics.

I'm catholic, attended the game, then went to 10 church at St. Isidore's.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 07:01:34 AM by SwiftCat »

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2010, 02:32:36 AM »
ash wednesday is not even a holy day of obligation... so no reason to miss the game for church.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2010, 12:59:15 PM »

My post wasnt about the game.  just a general statement.  eff catholics.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2010, 04:00:25 PM »

My post wasnt about the game.  just a general statement.  shazbot! catholics.

And this thread is about students not attending the game. I was just pointing out it was possible to attend the game and still make it to church.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »
lol at tbl owning someone in this thread where the person talked about being a physical therapist w/ a doctorate degree and how he was going to med school or how it was the same or similar. i mean really. really? PT is rough ridin' allied health. same as speech therapists, audiologist, etc. lol at the guy w/ an allied heath doctorate degree thinking he's a "real doctor" or something. also, tbl owning someone. absolutely killed him too. really? wow. taking lessons from winters maybe. great read.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2010, 08:26:27 PM »
lol at tbl owning someone in this thread where the person talked about being a physical therapist w/ a doctorate degree and how he was going to med school or how it was the same or similar. i mean really. really? PT is rough ridin' allied health. same as speech therapists, audiologist, etc. lol at the guy w/ an allied heath doctorate degree thinking he's a "real doctor" or something. also, tbl owning someone. absolutely killed him too. really? wow. taking lessons from winters maybe. great read.

Was that a compliment?  :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2010, 08:33:36 PM »

Was that a compliment?  :dunno:

yes

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »

Was that a compliment?  :dunno:

yes

:cheers: