Author Topic: Rage Against the Machine to play in Madison, WI tonight  (Read 2853 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Rage Against the Machine to play in Madison, WI tonight
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »
According to fox news.....

THOSE HIPPIES ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Rage Against the Machine to play in Madison, WI tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
Typical useful idiots.  The government unions are part of the machine.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »
You know you've lost an argument when you use terms like "idiot", "Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)", "redneck", and "extremist" then ban someone from replying in a thread.

Doesn't make you seem real secure in your argument (and makes you look a bit lot childish).
:lol:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:25:02 PM »
You know you've lost an argument when you use terms like "idiot", "Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)", "redneck", and "extremist" then ban someone from replying in a thread.

Doesn't make you seem real secure in your argument (and makes you look a bit lot childish).

Ha.  Knew this was coming.  Predictable.  Now let's learn a little history, shall we?  The term "useful idiot" was coined by statists in the soviet union to describe enemy supporters who are actually playing into their hands.  In this case, a supposed anti-government band is showing support for groups (unions--notice how they're all wearing red AGAIN) who at the very least have satanist leanings and at worst are outright statists.  So in this case its very fitting.  Now let's contrast that quote of mine taken out of context.  Those terms had been used as a pejorative to denigrate people simply because other posters simply offered up opinions which disagreed with them.  You have just been schooled.

I have another prediction.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »

Ha.  Knew this was coming.  Predictable.  Now let's learn a little history, shall we?  The term "useful idiot" was coined by statists in the soviet union to describe enemy supporters who are actually playing into their hands.  In this case, a supposed anti-government band is showing support for groups (unions--notice how they're all wearing red AGAIN) who at the very least have satanist leanings and at worst are outright statists.  So in this case its very fitting.  Now let's contrast that quote of mine taken out of context.  Those terms had been used as a pejorative to denigrate people simply because other posters simply offered up opinions which disagreed with them.  You have just been schooled.

Did you not mean it as an insult against people you disagree with then?

If you didn't then I cheerfully withdraw my :lol:

ps you schooled no one, it amazes me how you think this common knowledge trivia is some how deep and meaningful.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »
All of the protesters in Wisconsin are racists.  Over half of the protesters are plants paid by the democrat party to be there and not actually from Wisconsin.

:surprised:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 06:59:29 PM »

ps you schooled no one, it amazes me how you think this common knowledge trivia is some how deep and meaningful.

Hardly meant to be insulting.  Simply a statement of fact that the band really is playing into what they claim to oppose.  Similar to anarchist groups that show up at G-8 and other such similar meetings. 

And if its such common knowledge, then I wonder why you chose not to see something that is clearly in front of your face.  Perhaps you choose to remain blind, as I have suspected for some time.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 11:08:21 PM »
It's not Rage that's playing, it's Tom Morello.  And here's my political statement.  I hope the government regulates god damn Ticketmaster.  HOW can a convenience fee be put on every individual item i order within 1 rough ridin' order?  That's not rough ridin' convenient for anyone except the people taking the effing money into their account.

Also if they privatize the police/fire departments/education.  I'm going into education administration
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 08:00:19 AM »

Hardly meant to be insulting.  Simply a statement of fact that the band really is playing into what they claim to oppose.  Similar to anarchist groups that show up at G-8 and other such similar meetings. 

And if its such common knowledge, then I wonder why you chose not to see something that is clearly in front of your face.  Perhaps you choose to remain blind, as I have suspected for some time.
:lol: yeah not meant to be an insult at all...:lol:
And yet another ad hominem

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 08:31:19 AM »
OK, so I haven't looked through all of the threads so sorry if someone has already said how pissed they are about this.  (not really pissed I guess, more like amazed it is possible).  It seems to me that no matter what side you are on, everyone should be fracking irate that these dicks can just leave the state so they don't have to vote.  I can't even believe it is actually possible for this to occur.  Why aren't they thrown out of office for not fulfilling their elected duties?  I guess I just don't follow politics enough (very thankful for this) to remember this ever happening??? Does it happen a lot?  I think this is a way bigger deal than any other part of this story.  :dunno:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 08:34:44 AM »
OK, so I haven't looked through all of the threads so sorry if someone has already said how pissed they are about this.  (not really pissed I guess, more like amazed it is possible).  It seems to me that no matter what side you are on, everyone should be fracking irate that these dicks can just leave the state so they don't have to vote.  I can't even believe it is actually possible for this to occur.  Why aren't they thrown out of office for not fulfilling their elected duties?  I guess I just don't follow politics enough (very thankful for this) to remember this ever happening??? Does it happen a lot?  I think this is a way bigger deal than any other part of this story.  :dunno:
It's happened a few times in other states.  It's shitty, but such is politics.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »

It's basically another way to filibuster, which they can't do in the Wisconsin legislature:

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-02-18/politics/awol.legislators_1_majority-vote-florida-senate-quorum?_s=PM:POLITICS

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »
I guess this is the reason i dont follow politics more than just enough to know what is going on. Complete bullshit, we can't win so we aren't going to play.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »
They're going to lose, just postponing the inevitable.  Maybe the Wisconsin repubs should create a "cheesecurdler kickback" and buy off one of the dems.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »
They're going to lose, just postponing the inevitable.  Maybe the Wisconsin repubs should create a "cheesecurdler kickback" and buy off one of the dems.

shazbot! it, why vote at all if you don't have to.