Author Topic: B12 tourney  (Read 16372 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: B12 tourney
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
dream scenario, obviously, is kstate gets the no-wed by 10-6ing, to play five seed cu.

But in this scenario, we would likely play KU again. That's assuming they win out. 

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »
if 9-7 =>  :pray: 6 seed

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 07:48:13 PM »
Update

This week has really sorted things out.  As mentioned above, its us and mizzou for #4.  Looking at the schedules and tiebreakers, here's the breakdown:

KSU: @texas, iowa st.---despite our history with texas, I'm going conservative and say 1-1
mu: @nebraska, uk--I'd say at best 1-1.  nebraska could be a trap game on the road, preparing for uk, and nebraska being a little angry at the iowa st loss.

Obviously, if we go 1-1 (or 2-0) and mizzou  goes 0-2, we get the 4.

Now if we lose to texas and beat iowa st and mizzou beats nebraska and loses to uk. The tiebreakers go 1)head2head-split 2)division record-tied @6-4. 3)record against the top team in the division (uk)--Advantage KSU.

If we lose texas and win iowa st and mizzou loses to nebraska and beats uk, the same tiebreakers go until 3, when, if I'm reading it right, would go to common record against other division teams.  uk/KSU/mu-tie.  Then it would fall to colorado--Advantage mizzou.

The texas game is inconsequential if mizzou loses either game (I think they will lose either or both), because its a non-divisional game.  Outside of NCAA resume's, the iowa st game is more important to us.  Might be more to lose by losing to them than there is to gain beating texas.

Tiebreaker list:

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1520897

This week cleared nothing up, Nebraska eliminated themselves, that's it.  The CU win was a worst case scenario.  Hell A&M could easily finish 6th and they've been third all season.  This race is fun to watch, there are 13 games left and 11 of them have direct impact on the top 7 seeds.  OU plays in both meaningless games.  People who disparage basketballs regular season are idiots.

Baylor also eliminated themselves.  There were 5-6 teams in play for the 4 seed before this week.  Its much easier to project now, so you could say it sorted itself out somewhat.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »
Update

This week has really sorted things out.  As mentioned above, its us and mizzou for #4.  Looking at the schedules and tiebreakers, here's the breakdown:

KSU: @texas, iowa st.---despite our history with texas, I'm going conservative and say 1-1
mu: @nebraska, uk--I'd say at best 1-1.  nebraska could be a trap game on the road, preparing for uk, and nebraska being a little angry at the iowa st loss.

Obviously, if we go 1-1 (or 2-0) and mizzou  goes 0-2, we get the 4.

Now if we lose to texas and beat iowa st and mizzou beats nebraska and loses to uk. The tiebreakers go 1)head2head-split 2)division record-tied @6-4. 3)record against the top team in the division (uk)--Advantage KSU.

If we lose texas and win iowa st and mizzou loses to nebraska and beats uk, the same tiebreakers go until 3, when, if I'm reading it right, would go to common record against other division teams.  uk/KSU/mu-tie.  Then it would fall to colorado--Advantage mizzou.

The texas game is inconsequential if mizzou loses either game (I think they will lose either or both), because its a non-divisional game.  Outside of NCAA resume's, the iowa st game is more important to us.  Might be more to lose by losing to them than there is to gain beating texas.

Tiebreaker list:

This week cleared nothing up, Nebraska eliminated themselves, that's it.  The CU win was a worst case scenario.  Hell A&M could easily finish 6th and they've been third all season.  This race is fun to watch, there are 13 games left and 11 of them have direct impact on the top 7 seeds.  OU plays in both meaningless games.  People who disparage basketballs regular season are idiots.

Baylor also eliminated themselves.  There were 5-6 teams in play for the 4 seed before this week.  Its much easier to project now, so you could say it sorted itself out somewhat.

This would be an excellent point if Baylor didn't still have a chance to finish T-3.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
if 9-7 =>  :pray: 6 seed

Would rather have the 4 or 5 seed and then play CU and UT. I think we'd beat A&M, but I don't want to play KU again.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
6 seed => all 8:30 games  :crossfingers:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
6 seed => friday night at sprint center: UT/MU then KU/KSU  :love:

like it was supposed to be last year w/ the 3 locals in the semi finals.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 08:11:05 PM »
Would rather have the 4 or 5 seed and then play CU and UT. I think we'd beat A&M, but I don't want to play KU again.

that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  if kstate wins, you have to assume they're going to have play ut or ku.  it's not like there's a secret, alternate bracketrun into the championship game.

no wed is the first priority, if that fails, then matching up with a&m is the 2nd preference.  third priority is not back to backing isu.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »

that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  if kstate wins, you have to assume they're going to have play ut or ku.  it's not like there's a secret, alternate bracketrun into the championship game.

no wed is the first priority, if that fails, then matching up with a&m is the 2nd preference.  third priority is not back to backing isu.

I know we'd play either KU or UT, and I'd rather play UT than KU.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2011, 08:15:22 PM »
I'd rather play UT than KU.

yeah, i figured that out from your previous post.  that's why i called you a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »

yeah, i figured that out from your previous post.  that's why i called you a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

So you'd rather play KU again?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »

yeah, i figured that out from your previous post.  that's why i called you a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

if Tay is back in the starting lineup i might.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:22:55 PM by wiley »
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »

don't care.  the important things are no wed & play a&m.  ku or ut is irrelevant.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2011, 09:19:33 PM »
Update

This week has really sorted things out.  As mentioned above, its us and mizzou for #4.  Looking at the schedules and tiebreakers, here's the breakdown:

mu: @nebraska, uk--I'd say at best 1-1.  nebraska could be a trap game on the road, preparing for uk, and nebraska being a little angry at the iowa st loss.

If we lose texas and win iowa st and mizzou loses to nebraska and beats uk, the same tiebreakers go until 3, when, if I'm reading it right, would go to common record against other division teams.  uk/KSU/mu-tie.  Then it would fall to colorado--Advantage mizzou.

The texas game is inconsequential if mizzou loses either game (I think they will lose either or both), because its a non-divisional game.  Outside of NCAA resume's, the iowa st game is more important to us.  Might be more to lose by losing to them than there is to gain beating texas.

Tiebreaker list:

This week cleared nothing up, Nebraska eliminated themselves, that's it.  The CU win was a worst case scenario.  Hell A&M could easily finish 6th and they've been third all season.  This race is fun to watch, there are 13 games left and 11 of them have direct impact on the top 7 seeds.  OU plays in both meaningless games.  People who disparage basketballs regular season are idiots.

Baylor also eliminated themselves.  There were 5-6 teams in play for the 4 seed before this week.  Its much easier to project now, so you could say it sorted itself out somewhat.

This would be an excellent point if Baylor didn't still have a chance to finish T-3.

Not only that but Baylor would have the tie breaker over A&M and KSU, CU, and Mizzou don't.  If Baylor wins out their path to a bye is pretty easy, assuming Mizzou and KSU don't win out.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »
Update

Tiebreaker list:

Not only that but Baylor would have the tie breaker over A&M and KSU, CU, and Mizzou don't.  If Baylor wins out their path to a bye is pretty easy, assuming Mizzou and KSU don't win out.

Baylor doesn't have the tiebreaker over us.  I don't think they beat osu in stoolwater and texas.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
Update

Tiebreaker list:

Baylor doesn't have the tiebreaker over us.  I don't think they beat osu in stoolwater and texas.

They do have he tiebreaker over us if we are also tied with A&M

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2011, 04:53:02 PM »
cu swept us. don't want to play again.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »
Update

Tiebreaker list:

They do have he tiebreaker over us if we are also tied with A&M

Yeah, but I don't see them losing to tech at home. 

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2011, 05:18:49 PM »

Hard to beat a team 3 times, no?

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »

better if they never get to try. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »

Damn if this isn't OregonHawk Bait i don't know what is
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »

KState at a 5 seed means you face us twice in a row.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »
There's no way CU would sweep us 3-0. I would love to play them again.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2011, 07:47:17 PM »
There's no way CU would sweep us 3-0. I would love to play them again.

this :cheese:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »

KState at a 5 seed means you face us twice in a row.

So what, ISU rough ridin' blows, hence the 12 seed, two goddamn wins :lol: