Author Topic: B12 tourney  (Read 16303 times)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
B12 tourney
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:17:10 AM »
Currently in 6th, but still a giant clusterfuck in the standings.  Tied with baylor and corn record-wise.  Can still get a first rd bye. 

Upcoming schedules
baylor--@mu, @osu, aTm, texas
corn--KSU, mu, @isu, @cu
misery--baylor, uk, @KSU, @corn
KSU--@corn, @texas, mu, isu

The corn (yes, really) and misery games are huge for us . I see baylor falling back.  That schedule's just too tough. 

Now here's your "take that bracket and run" thought.  KSU gets 4th, corn 5th.  We get a first rd bye to play the winner of corn/iowa st.  :emawkid:

#2 Texas   11-1   --   23-4
#1 Kansas   10-2   1   25-2
#17 Texas A&M   8-4   3   21-5
#21 Missouri   7-5   4   21-6
Nebraska   6-6   5   18-8
Kansas State   6-6   5   18-9
Baylor   6-6   5   17-9
Colorado   5-7   6   16-11
Oklahoma State   4-8   7   16-10
Oklahoma   4-8   7   12-14
Texas Tech   4-8   7   12-15
Iowa State   1-11   10   14-13

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: B12 tourney
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »
Nubb will beat us

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:58:27 AM »
Nubb will beat us

this must not happen

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 09:03:49 AM »
Nubb will beat us

No.

Actually, they might beat us.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »
Nubb will beat us

this must not happen

NU will be tough. I will be there. Last trip to Lincoln and likely the final time against Doc, will be a little bittersweet.

catzacker

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:13:41 AM »
jfc if NU is the #4 seed.  Goddamn home loss to CU.  And really, two games, CU at home and the UNLV game are what have us on the bubble.  So Dillards can go ahead and eat a pallet of dicks.  NU is going to beat us.  Sucks but they are.  We're going to need two wins in the conf tourney to get in, imo.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:16:18 AM »
jfc if NU is the #4 seed.  Goddamn home loss to CU.  And really, two games, CU at home and the UNLV game are what have us on the bubble.  So Dillards can go ahead and eat a pallet of dicks.  NU is going to beat us.  Sucks but they are.  We're going to need two wins in the conf tourney to get in, imo.

The bubble appears to be extra shitty this year....which could help

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »
The committee will likely ignore the UNLV loss, but yes, the CU losses are bad. So is the OSU loss.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 09:27:15 AM »
Time to bust out the yearly link

http://www.notnothing.net/bball/b12mbb.php

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 09:32:33 AM »
It looks like 4/5/6 will be a MU/KSU/NU mix. Our next two games are huge, win both and 4th is likely.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 09:40:46 AM »
It looks like 4/5/6 will be a MU/KSU/NU mix. Our next two games are huge, win both and 4th is likely.

I'm going to nu too, but we will lose.  Our one conference road win is against the mayor by a single point.  NU has a single home loss to ku.   :bawl:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 09:43:27 AM »

I'm going to nu too, but we will lose.  Our one conference road win is against the mayor by a single point.  NU has a single home loss to ku.   :bawl:

Get drunk and be a crazed, hateful wolf and make sure we don't lose.   Also, pay for _FAN's beers.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 09:57:54 AM »
Hopefully, Nebraska doesn't handle success well, having never before experienced it. Any DUI news out of Lincoln this morning?

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 10:30:55 AM »
Hopefully, Nebraska doesn't handle success well, having never before experienced it. Any DUI news out of Lincoln this morning?
:crossfingers: that's what i'm counting on.

just like bobby said amid all his ramblings on monday, human nature is a fierce opponent (or something like that)..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 11:06:38 AM »
Seems like bubble teams with a little star power have an edge, remember the Beasley year, this year the beard carries us through even at 8-8.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »
Seems like bubble teams with a little star power have an edge, remember the Beasley year, this year the beard carries us through even at 8-8.

I would rather mu not be a must win.  and even with wins against mu, isu we still need to win our first tourney game or we aren't guaranteed crap. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 01:03:58 PM »
Even with Saturday I haven't seen anything that makes me feel like you guys do about going up to Lincoln.  Nubbs don't worry me nearly as much as mizzou

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 01:06:05 PM »
Even with Saturday I haven't seen anything that makes me feel like you guys do about going up to Lincoln.  Nubbs don't worry me nearly as much as mizzou

I thought the same thing until I looked at how many times we've won at Nebraska over the past 4 years, compared to how many times we've won against Missouri in the OOD.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 01:10:18 PM »

I would rather mu not be a must win.  and even with wins against mu, isu we still need to win our first tourney game or we aren't guaranteed crap. 

If we beat NU and MU I guarantee our NCAA spot. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 01:12:14 PM »

I thought the same thing until I looked at how many times we've won at Nebraska over the past 4 years, compared to how many times we've won against Missouri in the OOD.

As long as they don't have Maric or his equivalent, I'm feeling good.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »
We could lose @ NU and still get a bye by the skin of our teeth. KenPom has Nubb going 8-8, which would likely entail splitting the MU and @ISU games. If NU beats MU in Lincoln (52% win prob.) and loses to ISU in Ames (51% win prob.), and KenPom's other projections hold, we get the bye. Here's the bracket generator output:

1. Texas (15 - 1)
2. Kansas (14 - 2)
3. Texas A&M (10 - 6)
4. Kansas State (8 - 8) With Missouri, defeated Nebraska based on North Division record. Defeated Missouri based on record against #1 North Division teams.
5. Missouri (8 - 8) With Kansas State, defeated Nebraska based on North Division record. Lost to Kansas State based on record against #1 North Division teams. Defeated Nebraska based on North Division record.
6. Nebraska (8 - 8) Lost to Kansas State and Missouri based on North Division record. Lost to Missouri based on North Division record.
7. Baylor (7 - 9) Defeated Colorado based on head-to-head record.
8. Colorado (7 - 9) Lost to Baylor based on head-to-head record.
9. Oklahoma State (6 - 10)
10. Texas Tech (5 - 11) Defeated Oklahoma based on record against #2 North Division teams.
11. Oklahoma (5 - 11) Lost to Texas Tech based on record against #2 North Division teams.
12. Iowa State (3 - 13)

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 01:15:02 PM »
The more I look at teams on the bubble, the more it seems that an 8-8 finish puts us in, considering our SOS and RPI. We're all but guaranteed 1 W in the conf tourney if we get the 11 or 12 seed in the 1st round.

It appears NU has the most favorable schedule remaining of the 4 battling out for the 1st round bye. Crazy to think the Huskers could make the big dance. Nothing about that team, from just watching them, has me thinking NCAA worthy, but their resume continues to improve.

Offline KSU_foo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 01:19:39 PM »
We won't lose to NU.  Mizzou....not so sure.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
I agree with _foo.

NU won't be "easy" but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Mizzou will keep me up a few nights though. :ohno:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 01:35:31 PM »
I agree with _foo.

NU won't be "easy" but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Mizzou will keep me up a few nights though. :ohno:

complete dumbasses.