Author Topic: Technical  (Read 7727 times)

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Technical
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 07:39:30 AM »
wtf was he so pissed about to slam a ball like that? 

Maybe it was the 4 absolutely ridiculously bad calls that went against Nub and put KSU from 11 down to tied in a matter of about 2 minutes. :dunno:

Yeah.  And Doc was making it clear to the officials by looking at each and holding up 4 fingers while yelling "4 calls" for the next several minutes after that happened.

Really sounded great on ESPN 360.  Sounded like he was yelling directly into Sharpe's mic.  Didn't hear the "chicken$hit/pathetic", though.

BTW, has the rule changed?  Why did Nub keep possession after the tech?  Or am I confused?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 07:40:47 AM »
Corn got jobbed a little. It happens.

Later, after the T, SLTH extrodinaire pointed to a ref and told him "do your job". A little bit latter, after we called time when not getting the ball inbounded, he pointed to a ref and held up five fingers at him until his team walked to the bench.

I love that guy.

I do think that he is about to lose it. Gotta be tough. Used to be able to rely on getting a fair shake somewhere in this conf. Now, Frank has taken that away. The poor bastard is on an island.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
wtf was he so pissed about to slam a ball like that? 

Maybe it was the 4 absolutely ridiculously bad calls that went against Nub and put KSU from 11 down to tied in a matter of about 2 minutes. :dunno:

Yeah.  And Doc was making it clear to the officials by looking at each and holding up 4 fingers while yelling "4 calls" for the next several minutes after that happened.

Really sounded great on ESPN 360.  Sounded like he was yelling directly into Sharpe's mic.  Didn't hear the "chicken$hit/pathetic", though.

BTW, has the rule changed?  Why did Nub keep possession after the tech?  Or am I confused?

Techs don't change possesion.  Whomever had the ball before the tech, has it after the tech.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 09:14:17 AM »

Techs don't change possesion.  Whomever had the ball before the tech, has it after the tech.

Thanks.  Has that always been the rule?  I thought I heard some coach talking one time about "never get a tech when your team has the ball". 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »

Thanks.  Has that always been the rule?  I thought I heard some coach talking one time about "never get a tech when your team has the ball". 

This was changed several years ago.  Yes, that used to be common practice, but not so much anymore. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 09:22:40 AM »
woud love a youtube of this.

Offline DILLIGAF

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »
I can't remember the officiating being so slanted in our favor, especially that first half, ever.   I feel like a KU fan.  I feel dirty.   I will take it every game however and learn to live with it over time I"m sure. 

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
I was LOLing so hard when after his T, he took a moment to point at each ref in turn and yell "chickensh*t!" Anyone else notice that? He pointed to each ref and yelled it, it was freaking hilarious.

incredible.  bzey has a long row to hoe if he wants to top this.

True. Was tonight Doc's equivalent of Wooly stomping out to midcourt against KU?

It was ON THE ROAD THOUGH!

Wooly was so good at winding us up, I mean jesus, that beautiful tan bastard had me cheering his ridiculousness.  At this point I remember him putting on his million dollar driving range grin and winking with a wave as he strolled off.

Unreal.

Doc doesn't even compare to Wooly in giving a good thumbs up to the fans IMO

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 05:05:25 PM »
Coach_Sadler

Its been a tough few weeks and we need everyones help down the stretch.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 05:07:10 PM »
Coach_Sadler

just want to give him a big ol hug...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 05:11:13 PM »
Coach_Sadler

just want to give him a big ol hug...

Inorite, hang in there Doc, we are routing for you

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 09:28:35 AM »
Corn got jobbed a little. It happens.

Later, after the T, SLTH extrodinaire pointed to a ref and told him "do your job". A little bit latter, after we called time when not getting the ball inbounded, he pointed to a ref and held up five fingers at him until his team walked to the bench.

I love that guy.

I do think that he is about to lose it. Gotta be tough. Used to be able to rely on getting a fair shake somewhere in this conf. Now, Frank has taken that away. The poor bastard is on an island.

amazing how quickly we went from a team that doesnt get calls to a team that does.  I do like Frank's approach with the refs.  He works them but not in a crazy/angry way.  Used to get so annoyed at wooly's woh-is-me look when we were getting jobbed then occasionally he'd explode out of nowhere and it seemed kinda rediculous and almost fake.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »
I was LOLing so hard when after his T, he took a moment to point at each ref in turn and yell "chickensh*t!" Anyone else notice that? He pointed to each ref and yelled it, it was freaking hilarious.

Didn't see that, but I did enjoy the next timeout where he sat there and stared at the ref that gave him the technical for a good 2 minutes.  It's kind of hard to look at Doc and feel intimidated though.

LOL! The mole! :lol: