Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 6018425 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #29200 on: July 02, 2024, 09:33:06 AM »
ku fans showing their entire ass on X is pretty funny. 

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #29202 on: July 02, 2024, 03:38:15 PM »
Lame joke aside, she may need to stay off twitter once games start.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29203 on: July 02, 2024, 04:16:42 PM »
 :surprised:

Online Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29204 on: July 02, 2024, 04:24:55 PM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29205 on: July 02, 2024, 06:35:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/JayhawkTakeover/status/1808117379504746767

:bitchslap:
i’m so sick and tired of our fans getting absolutely slaughtered by ku fans on the twitter/x platform.  why is our fan base so shitty at everything??? 

the exchange that I quoted shows exactly how bad our fans are.  i’m going to discuss this with my colleagues in the athletic department and get some changes made.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29206 on: July 02, 2024, 06:52:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/JayhawkTakeover/status/1808117379504746767

:bitchslap:
i’m so sick and tired of our fans getting absolutely slaughtered by ku fans on the twitter/x platform.  why is our fan base so shitty at everything??? 

the exchange that I quoted shows exactly how bad our fans are.  i’m going to discuss this with my colleagues in the athletic department and get some changes made.

In the pursuit of great we have failed to do good. Just something to think about.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29207 on: July 02, 2024, 08:20:28 PM »
Meow Meow showing his whole entire ass here, wow.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29208 on: July 03, 2024, 07:32:50 AM »
 :confused:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29209 on: July 03, 2024, 09:00:43 AM »
Could also post this in the KU thread, but there is now a 3 page thread on the phog about Cure, of which almost all the posts have come after his announcement that he's coming to Manhattan.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29210 on: July 03, 2024, 01:38:24 PM »
what is really boils down to is your ability to retain the recruits. its like my old grampy used to say:

an ounce of retention is worth a pound of Cure

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #29212 on: July 06, 2024, 04:52:56 PM »
I don't usually watch or think much about recruits highlights, but gat damn his is like pretty much all just long ass TDs.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/15563949/Monterrio-Elston
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29213 on: July 06, 2024, 05:15:09 PM »
I don't usually watch or think much about recruits highlights, but gat damn his is like pretty much all just long ass TDs.

Just watched it and its pretty impressive (I'm assuming Little Rock HS is the top level in Arkansas). If you are an undersized RB with skills you pretty much have to go to K-State at this point.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29214 on: July 06, 2024, 05:20:58 PM »

Just watched it and its pretty impressive (I'm assuming Little Rock HS is the top level in Arkansas). If you are an undersized RB with skills you pretty much have to go to K-State at this point.

#shortkingU
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29215 on: July 06, 2024, 10:04:14 PM »
He's a little tall at 5'8", but will take!

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29216 on: July 08, 2024, 11:23:34 AM »
Could also post this in the KU thread, but there is now a 3 page thread on the phog about Cure, of which almost all the posts have come after his announcement that he's coming to Manhattan.

This thread is now on page 5.

Online Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29217 on: July 08, 2024, 02:20:31 PM »

This thread is now on page 5.
Start a gems thread
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29218 on: July 08, 2024, 04:13:27 PM »
None of it is particularly interesting, though one guy did try to say ku is too busy researching cancer to pay money for a tight end.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29219 on: July 09, 2024, 02:53:34 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5614598/2024/07/09/kansas-city-high-school-recruiting-confidential/

Here is the Klieman part

What are your impressions of Chris Klieman and his staff at Kansas State?
Coach 1: He is a blue-collar grinder. Doesn’t want the spotlight, just wants to coach football. And he’s going to make sure and cross those T’s and dot those I’s and is very much like LHC Bill Snyder was. He’s going to be very thorough. He’s going to be very honest. I can see why he’s been very successful.

Coach 2: They make their living off of just common guys and mixed in obviously with great players. For so many years, the K-State brand has been building people. And in today’s culture, that’s hard to do. It’s hard to get somebody and build them because they might not be there after you’ve invested time in them. I think that’s been their motto, and he’s carried that on from Snyder in his own way of just building.

Coach 3: Very down to earth. One of their coaches, (offensive coordinator) Conor Riley, recruits the area and does a fantastic job. Very personable. Always willing to, whether you have a player or not, “Hey, I just want to stop by, touch base with you.” I think that’s what a lot of high school coaches appreciate about K-State.

Coach 4: I think coach Klieman has just got that personal touch. I don’t know if it’s from him coming from North Dakota State and his background of the way he recruited there. But the same thing that he did there, he does it at K-State. They’re really just looking for high-quality character kids. They really do a good job of expressing that, not only to the coaches when they come in to recruit but also to the players when they visit with them.

Coach 6: It’s what’s expected out of their staff. Chris is a super high-character guy, has awesome people on his staff and people that aren’t just looking at football ability and athletic achievement; they’re wanting to train the whole athlete. I was super excited when he got the job, and I’m 100 percent not surprised by the success he’s had.

Coach 7: Those guys came from North Dakota State and won all those championships up there. And (Klieman’s) come down here and kind of reinvigorated K-State the last couple years. They do a really good job of recruiting Kansas City and also building relationships with the coaches and the players. I have a lot of kids that I push to go to their camps, and they really like it up there.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29220 on: July 11, 2024, 05:18:09 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5614598/2024/07/09/kansas-city-high-school-recruiting-confidential/

Here is the Klieman part

What are your impressions of Chris Klieman and his staff at Kansas State?
Coach 1: He is a blue-collar grinder. Doesn’t want the spotlight, just wants to coach football. And he’s going to make sure and cross those T’s and dot those I’s and is very much like LHC Bill Snyder was. He’s going to be very thorough. He’s going to be very honest. I can see why he’s been very successful.

Coach 2: They make their living off of just common guys and mixed in obviously with great players. For so many years, the K-State brand has been building people. And in today’s culture, that’s hard to do. It’s hard to get somebody and build them because they might not be there after you’ve invested time in them. I think that’s been their motto, and he’s carried that on from Snyder in his own way of just building.

Coach 3: Very down to earth. One of their coaches, (offensive coordinator) Conor Riley, recruits the area and does a fantastic job. Very personable. Always willing to, whether you have a player or not, “Hey, I just want to stop by, touch base with you.” I think that’s what a lot of high school coaches appreciate about K-State.

Coach 4: I think coach Klieman has just got that personal touch. I don’t know if it’s from him coming from North Dakota State and his background of the way he recruited there. But the same thing that he did there, he does it at K-State. They’re really just looking for high-quality character kids. They really do a good job of expressing that, not only to the coaches when they come in to recruit but also to the players when they visit with them.

Coach 6: It’s what’s expected out of their staff. Chris is a super high-character guy, has awesome people on his staff and people that aren’t just looking at football ability and athletic achievement; they’re wanting to train the whole athlete. I was super excited when he got the job, and I’m 100 percent not surprised by the success he’s had.

Coach 7: Those guys came from North Dakota State and won all those championships up there. And (Klieman’s) come down here and kind of reinvigorated K-State the last couple years. They do a really good job of recruiting Kansas City and also building relationships with the coaches and the players. I have a lot of kids that I push to go to their camps, and they really like it up there.

:thumbsup: :love:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29221 on: July 12, 2024, 12:06:17 PM »
don't know where this goes but it confirms a lot of the talking point about looking for DITRs around here. Don't like where Iowa is... LOL TX, LOL NE

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29222 on: July 12, 2024, 12:21:35 PM »
That visual is cheeks as the kids say
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #29223 on: July 12, 2024, 12:40:42 PM »
That rough ridin' Y axis needs to be reversed. Northeast quadrant is supposed to be the best.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29224 on: July 12, 2024, 01:09:19 PM »
That rough ridin' Y axis needs to be reversed. Northeast quadrant is supposed to be the best.

x-axis is what I think you meant
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla