Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5708846 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #26925 on: March 29, 2022, 07:19:28 PM »
Yikes. Lost a player to a CUSA team, a very average one at that. Is this a worse look for K-State or SMU.

Wasn’t a take for either of those schools

:confused:

He was way down the list for KSU and didn’t have a commitable offer at SMU either.  Sounds like he took the sure thing in March instead of waiting.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26926 on: March 30, 2022, 02:06:38 AM »
Ah, thanks

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26927 on: March 30, 2022, 06:14:04 AM »
Yeah kind of a weird situation apparently.  We offered in January, so I think the “no commitable offer” thing is kind of bush league, considering we haven’t gotten any relevant commitments in the interim, but that’s the game apparently.  DY hinted before he announced that he was doubtful kstate would accept a commit from him.

Kid was the leading tackler on his team (which eventually won the TX 5A state championship) through 4 or 5 games before a season ending ankle injury.  I thought he was a pretty intriguing prospect tbh.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26928 on: March 30, 2022, 08:21:50 AM »
yep none of that makes sense to me, but it sounds like something every school does. "non-committable offer" like wtf. then it's not an offer.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26929 on: March 30, 2022, 11:53:59 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26930 on: March 31, 2022, 10:34:46 PM »
Kurtz said on his podcast that Avery Johnson and Dylan Edwards have been offered NIL deals. Manbeck was weirdly :shakesfist: about it.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26931 on: March 31, 2022, 11:07:27 PM »
Kurtz said on his podcast that Avery Johnson and Dylan Edwards have been offered NIL deals. Manbeck was weirdly :shakesfist: about it.

Number being thrown around on KSO is 300k for Avery, not sure about Edwards.   I don’t remember disliking Kurtz when he was in KMAN but man he is like finger nails on a chalkboard for me now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26932 on: April 01, 2022, 12:15:49 AM »

Number being thrown around on KSO is 300k for Avery, not sure about Edwards.   I don’t remember disliking Kurtz when he was in KMAN but man he is like finger nails on a chalkboard for me now.

300K, lol comes on. From who? Dude will be on every damn local ad in the Wichita and Topeka markets. That's about what Mahomes got for Hyvee. The "insiders" on that board remain wrong about everything ever.

Loved Kurtz then, love him now. The audio quality of the new podcast isn't as great now but whatever.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26933 on: April 01, 2022, 08:42:24 AM »
No idea about Kurtz now but his kman show was legit v good. You want nails and chalkboards? try listening to that kman show now. 😬

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26934 on: April 01, 2022, 08:58:28 AM »
No idea about Kurtz now but his kman show was legit v good. You want nails and chalkboards? try listening to that kman show now. 😬
Who runs that show now?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26935 on: April 01, 2022, 09:42:36 AM »
Totally agree, Mohamed F. Tits, KMAN is really bad. I liked Mitch Fortner as Kurtz sidekick, but Mitch Fortner and David G made the Derek Young interview this week unlistenable.  David G sounds like a 1970s rock jock and won’t shut up.  Derek Young was hardly able to get a word in.  Derek young is the only interview they have that is worth listening to usually but they talked about crap that nobody is interested in. The game, with Kurtz used to be one of my go to Podcasts.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26936 on: April 01, 2022, 09:44:31 AM »
According to DJamer Wally, we are back in on this dude because of the efforts of Thad Ward. Thad Ward is going to be a difference maker and a huge upgrade over previous coaches

[tweet]1509615850009108480[/tweet]?s=20&t=8G2Q2LM-sjrXP_Myn9x_FA
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 09:56:05 AM by HugeCat »

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26937 on: April 01, 2022, 09:50:42 AM »
I’m impressed with the self awareness Klieman had to retool his staff.   Klein has us as a serious contender for Avery with a new offensive scheme and getting a legitimate recruiter at WR seems to have us trending for decent talent again.

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26938 on: April 01, 2022, 09:52:14 AM »
Totally agree, Mohamed F. Tits, KMAN is really bad. I liked Mitch Fortner as Kurtz sidekick, but Mitch Fortner and David G made the Derek Young interview this week unlistenable.  David G sounds like a 1970s rock jock and won’t shut up.  Derek Young was hardly able to get a word in.  Derek young is the only interview they have that is worth listening to usually but they talked about crap that nobody is interested in. The game, with Kurtz used to be one of my go to Podcasts.

They basically just discuss pro wrestling now and it really sucks.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26939 on: April 01, 2022, 10:22:43 AM »
David G is awful on that show, total trainwreck. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he has zero business on that show. Troy Coverdale is fine enough but I've heard enough about Colorado and mountain region sports. Mitch is much better as a #2.

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26940 on: April 01, 2022, 11:21:41 AM »
David G is awful on that show, total trainwreck. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he has zero business on that show. Troy Coverdale is fine enough but I've heard enough about Colorado and mountain region sports. Mitch is much better as a #2.

Totally agree. And it sucks as an out of state Cats fan because I used to listen to Kurtz and Mitch about everyday on my way home from work. David G is completely unlistenable. I thought they were supposed to be temporary stand ins after Kurtz left? Maybe no one else has auditioned. I am looking forward to Kurtz, DY and Manbeck's new podcast they're putting together. They said weekly, so I won't get my daily KSU sports fix, but I do enjoy the various podcasts out there.

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26941 on: April 01, 2022, 11:30:46 AM »

Totally agree. And it sucks as an out of state Cats fan because I used to listen to Kurtz and Mitch about everyday on my way home from work. David G is completely unlistenable. I thought they were supposed to be temporary stand ins after Kurtz left? Maybe no one else has auditioned. I am looking forward to Kurtz, DY and Manbeck's new podcast they're putting together. They said weekly, so I won't get my daily KSU sports fix, but I do enjoy the various podcasts out there.

I'm guessing it's this. Kurtz was on another podcast recently discussing his departure from KMAN and said he basically worked for free. With all the additional work he did, outside of The Game (which seemed like a crap ton) he only had one year where he made close to 45k.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26942 on: April 01, 2022, 07:44:29 PM »
One more thing about Kman, Wednesday was a spring practice day and all the offensive coaches were interviewed. There was absolutely no discussion with Derek Young about football. None. However, they did spend 10 minutes on Mitch’s number one song of the day, fly Robin fly, some disco hit from the 70s. David G spent about a minute doing some rap commentary in the background while the song was playing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 07:48:24 PM by HugeCat »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26943 on: April 01, 2022, 08:33:08 PM »
It’s kind of cool though that manhattan has a combofanning format station.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26944 on: April 02, 2022, 10:48:03 AM »
Multiple visits to Manhattan have now occurred by Bradley. Uphill climb but the Wildcats are hanging around. [/font][/size]

[/font][/size]
https://twitter.com/K_StateOnline/status/1510249691732086786?s=20&t=R178ogICbivDZmUSnAD2xQ

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26945 on: April 02, 2022, 04:48:30 PM »
Nice!

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26946 on: April 04, 2022, 11:18:46 AM »
A crisp one dollar bill to the first person that can identify correctly all those logos. I would think a guy that has offers to the three service academies would be a good locker room guy.

[tweet]1510990941271859202[/tweet]?s=20&t=N0yXpMVEg8AtRznFeAGRrg

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26947 on: April 04, 2022, 11:22:43 AM »
A crisp one dollar bill to the first person that can identify correctly all those logos. I would think a guy that has offers to the three service academies would be a good locker room guy.

[tweet]1510990941271859202[/tweet]?s=20&t=N0yXpMVEg8AtRznFeAGRrg
Army, Maryland, Bowling Green, Toledo, Gardner Webb, Wyoming, Georgia St., Navy, Kent St., UNI, Colorado st., Western Michigan, Akron, Air Force, and K-State.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26948 on: April 04, 2022, 11:23:56 AM »
Gardner Webb is wrong, but it looks familiar, I missed one.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #26949 on: April 04, 2022, 11:24:50 AM »
That's Miami (OH) not Maryland I think