Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5620372 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2010, 12:40:57 PM »
Any relation to the Prince McJunkins that played in @ WSU in the 80's?

No, it's that dude who paks with us sometimes.

Offline JD Thundercat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

We might be too loaded @ RB with Brown, Robinson, & Hubert and then if Coe commits.

bring back DOD-style position switching!!

Robinson as RB/WR combo?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2010, 02:31:27 PM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

We might be too loaded @ RB with Brown, Robinson, & Hubert and then if Coe commits.

Robinson as RB/WR combo?

Not really that type of player, IMO.  Dude is thick and not tall.  Will probably be a nice rb for us though.

Offline JD Thundercat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2010, 04:30:35 PM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

Robinson as RB/WR combo?

Not really that type of player, IMO.  Dude is thick and not tall.  Will probably be a nice rb for us though.

Just sayin' that he's the most likely of the Brown/Coe/Robinson to switch if it's true we're promising Coe he'll play RB. Though I guess if we play him as a RB/WR combo technically wouldn't be lying to him.

Only thing that really goes into making that a possibility is hands cause height isn't really much of a factor. I know Robinson is considered pretty raw as a pass catcher though so you're probably right.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2010, 04:58:20 PM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

Robinson as RB/WR combo?

Just sayin' that he's the most likely of the Brown/Coe/Robinson to switch if it's true we're promising Coe he'll play RB. Though I guess if we play him as a RB/WR combo technically wouldn't be lying to him.

Only thing that really goes into making that a possibility is hands cause height isn't really much of a factor. I know Robinson is considered pretty raw as a pass catcher though so you're probably right.
We need help at linebacker. Im assuming he's a real good one to... Have Rodney coe and Arthur Brown at linebacker...thats super athletic linebackers.I dont mind him at RB tho.
EMAW

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2010, 08:51:35 PM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

Robinson as RB/WR combo?

Robinson is fast, but not Murphy or Banks fast.  Pretty much the only time wrs well under 6'0" are successful is when they have blazing speed.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

Robinson as RB/WR combo?

We need help at linebacker. Im assuming he's a real good one to... Have Rodney coe and Arthur Brown at linebacker...thats super athletic linebackers.I dont mind him at RB tho.

He ain't coming here as a lb.  If he wants to play lb, he has his pick of all the big boys who want him.  They only way we get that guy is if we promise he'll play early and often at rb.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2010, 09:08:53 PM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

Robinson as RB/WR combo?

He ain't coming here as a lb.  If he wants to play lb, he has his pick of all the big boys who want him.  They only way we get that guy is if we promise he'll play early and often at rb.
Runs like LenDale White
EMAW

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Sugar Dick

« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/football/recruiting/player-Mitchell-Roberts-72091

this guys walking on.  :dunno:

His GPA doesn't match his picture.  His hat doesn't match his State.

Makes sense he'd choose to walk-on at K-State rather than take a scholarship to Illinois.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2010, 10:33:23 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/football/recruiting/player-Mitchell-Roberts-72091

Dude looks like a young Jim Thome.  I would be cool with a young Jim Thome playing lb for the Cats.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2010, 03:22:36 AM »

Dude looks like a young Jim Thome.  I would be cool with a young Jim Thome playing lb for the Cats.

I'm just cool with a 3 star player from Shiloh Christian walking on.  I wonder if he got a hefty academic scholarship (much like Merriewether's) and that's why he's not worrying about getting a scholly.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2010, 06:17:36 AM »
Don't know how tardish  it is to give another walk-on name, but I know Jonathan Truman is walking on. I can provide some shitty links if you want them too.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2010, 09:34:45 AM »
Don't know how tardish  it is to give another walk-on name, but I know Jonathan Truman is walking on. I can provide some shitty links if you want them too.

Let's hold off for now....maybe later this summer.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2010, 09:43:27 AM »
Jordon McCallister

Rivals

Overall KSU was a little more in sync with their offense and defense as a whole. KU looked good too, but there didn't seem to be as much intensity from what I saw....The atmosphere was great for both programs.  I'd say KU's facilities beat out K-States with the weight room and overall facilities.Coach Gill has KU going in the right direction and I do like what I see with the coaches. At the same time K-state's program is up and coming again for sure and both look tough for this upcoming season...I'm feeling K-State alot in general right now.

LINK - Interesting look at uk vs. ksu recruiting...

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

stunz

« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2010, 10:05:06 AM »
juck function :curse:

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »
Jordon McCallister
Rivals
Overall KSU was a little more in sync with their offense and defense as a whole. KU looked good too, but there didn't seem to be as much intensity from what I saw....The atmosphere was great for both programs.  I'd say KU's facilities beat out K-States with the weight room and overall facilities.Coach Gill has KU going in the right direction and I do like what I see with the coaches. At the same time K-state's program is up and coming again for sure and both look tough for this upcoming season...I'm feeling K-State alot in general right now.
LINK - Interesting look at uk vs. ksu recruiting...

gill's recruiting philosophy of ignoring locals and trying to go national is sounding kinda ron princey. 

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2010, 11:34:47 AM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

Don't be surprised if B. Brown coming here sends Robinson elsewhere. There's bad blood there.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

Don't be surprised if B. Brown coming here sends Robinson elsewhere. There's bad blood there.

:surprised:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2010, 12:08:01 PM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

I'd rather have Robinson

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2010, 01:34:11 PM »
OK, so of all the RB types that are apparently/allegedley/supposedly interested in us... who do ya'll suppose will be returning kicks?

I will listen off air.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2010, 01:37:32 PM »
OK, so of all the RB types that are apparently/allegedley/supposedly interested in us... who do ya'll suppose will be returning kicks?

I will listen off air.

Mosley?   :crossfingers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »
"I'd probably say it is Kansas State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Miami, and a bunch of other ones (have been sending mail) about camp."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dorian-Brown-102076

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »
"I'd probably say it is Kansas State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Miami, and a bunch of other ones (have been sending mail) about camp."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dorian-Brown-102076

4 star QB from Colorado, who apparently has multiple members of his family that are K-Staters, according to the Tards.  Rumor has it he grew up a KSU fan.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2010, 04:11:52 PM »
Rodney Coe- 5 STAR

"elsewhere" meaning cornerback?